A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » Soaring
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

RIP Bob Burbank - Citrus Soaring

Old April 9th 16, 07:05 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Agnew
external usenet poster

Default RIP Bob Burbank - Citrus Soaring

From Franklin Burbank of Citrus Soaring on Facebook today... Bob gave me my Comm Glider Add-9n checkride last July. RIP, sir.

"Today we lost a great man, my father, Robert Burbank. He passed away quietly in the comfort of being surrounded by his family.

Dad taught me so much in life, I can't even begin to list everything. One of my favorite things was watching dad share his passion of flight with a new student. As a flight instructor he has had thousands of students but he treated every single one with the same enthusiasm and passion. I am honored to have been one of those lucky students and loved every minute of every flight.

Most of you know that my mother passed back in June of 2015 but few of you know that I had an older brother that passed away at a very young age. I am so thankful to know that mom, dad, and my brother are once again together. As Kristen Elizabeth Haight and I are approaching our first dance as husband and wife my heart is warm knowing that they will be dancing with us!

Dad I am so thankful for all the lessons and all the memories that we have shared! We will always love you. Blue skies and tailwinds!!!!"
Old April 9th 16, 12:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Minot Moonshiners
external usenet poster

Default RIP Bob Burbank - Citrus Soaring

Sad to see this. Got my Commercial Glider, and CFI-G from Bob in the 90s.

Tailwinds Bob.

JP