RIP Bob Burbank - Citrus Soaring

Old April 9th 16, 07:05 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Agnew

Default RIP Bob Burbank - Citrus Soaring

From Franklin Burbank of Citrus Soaring on Facebook today... Bob gave me my Comm Glider Add-9n checkride last July. RIP, sir.

"Today we lost a great man, my father, Robert Burbank. He passed away quietly in the comfort of being surrounded by his family.

Dad taught me so much in life, I can't even begin to list everything. One of my favorite things was watching dad share his passion of flight with a new student. As a flight instructor he has had thousands of students but he treated every single one with the same enthusiasm and passion. I am honored to have been one of those lucky students and loved every minute of every flight.

Most of you know that my mother passed back in June of 2015 but few of you know that I had an older brother that passed away at a very young age. I am so thankful to know that mom, dad, and my brother are once again together. As Kristen Elizabeth Haight and I are approaching our first dance as husband and wife my heart is warm knowing that they will be dancing with us!

Dad I am so thankful for all the lessons and all the memories that we have shared! We will always love you. Blue skies and tailwinds!!!!"
Old April 9th 16, 12:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Minot Moonshiners

Sad to see this. Got my Commercial Glider, and CFI-G from Bob in the 90s.

Tailwinds Bob.

JP