Soaring Near Barcelona

Old March 29th 17, 03:23 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
GeneReinecke

Default Soaring Near Barcelona

Have a short trip to Barcelona next month. Might have a day to be a soaring tourist. Has anybody gone soaring at any of the glider airports nearby? If so, could you forward contacts, experience, etc. to my e mail: generein at AY Oh EL. thanks.
Gene
Old March 30th 17, 01:11 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
waremark

http://volavela.es

An outstanding soaring location in the Pyrenees about 90 minutes drive from Barcelona with a well equipped and well organised gliding club. The CFI Serji speaks decent English. Recommended without reservation.
Old March 31st 17, 12:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
GARA

On Tuesday, March 28, 2017 at 10:23:48 PM UTC-4, GeneReinecke wrote:
Have a short trip to Barcelona next month. Might have a day to be a soaring tourist. Has anybody gone soaring at any of the glider airports nearby? If so, could you forward contacts, experience, etc. to my e mail: generein at AY Oh EL. thanks.
Gene

This is the web page of the aerodrome. Spanish and Catalan only, the English link takes you to the wrong page.

http://www.aerodromlacerdanya.cat/ae...roduccion.html
Old April 4th 17, 08:38 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

El miércoles, 29 de marzo de 2017, 4:23:48 (UTC+2), GeneReinecke escribió:
Have a short trip to Barcelona next month. Might have a day to be a soaring tourist. Has anybody gone soaring at any of the glider airports nearby? If so, could you forward contacts, experience, etc. to my e mail: generein at AY Oh EL. thanks.
Gene

There is an aerodrome nearest, just 30min or 40km from barcelona
It's possible go by train

http://www.volavela.com/en
Old April 4th 17, 01:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jon Gatfield

At 07:38 04 April 2017, wrote:
El mi=C3=A9rcoles, 29 de marzo de 2017, 4:23:48 (UTC+2), GeneReinecke
escr=
ibi=C3=B3:

=
If so, could you forward contacts, experience, etc. to my e mail:

generein
=
at AY Oh EL. thanks.=20
Gene

There is an aerodrome nearest, just 30min or 40km from barcelona
It's possible go by train

http://www.volavela.com/en

If you can hire a car drive out to La Cerdanya, 2 hours North from
Barcelona, and ask for the CFI, Sergi Pujol, who speaks excellent English
and is incredibly helpful. Cerdanya is a bit of a "magic valley" and often
has very favourable soaring conditions: wave. ridge, thermal to over 10'k
in some great scenery.

Old April 5th 17, 01:22 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
GeneReinecke

Thanks Guys!
Will let you know what I find.
Gene
Old April 9th 17, 06:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
FG

On Tuesday, March 28, 2017 at 8:23:48 PM UTC-6, GeneReinecke wrote:
Have a short trip to Barcelona next month. Might have a day to be a soaring tourist. Has anybody gone soaring at any of the glider airports nearby? If so, could you forward contacts, experience, etc. to my e mail: generein at AY Oh EL. thanks.
Gene

Sorry to pick this up so late. In the 80's I was able to soar at Monflorite, a few miles north of Zaragoza. At that point Monflorite was both the national soaring site and the home of a soaring club whose members were mainly from Zaragoza. Also sorry that my two best English speaking contacts are not current. You might want to check it out. I did a triangle from Monflorite to Pamplona along the Pyrenees to Andorra and back to Monflorite. The vultures (Buitre commune in Spanish, probably misspelled) are great thermal markers.