XCSkies version 3 - announced by Chris Galli - coming in ten days... ?

Old April 3rd 17, 06:20 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bret Hess

Default XCSkies version 3 - announced by Chris Galli - coming in ten days... ?

It will be interesting to see if the Xcskies price goes up. If it's still half the price of skysight, it might survive providing the world's worst customer service.
Old April 3rd 17, 07:28 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
krasw

On Monday, 3 April 2017 00:23:04 UTC+3, JS wrote:

Sorry, Krasw.
Thought Walt had posted in that thread that SkySight uses the WRF model which seems to forecast as accurately as HRRR, but gives longer range forecasts than HRRR.
Just reread WX's posts and didn't find that.
Jim

So it's basically RASP. WRF is far from state of the art.
Old April 3rd 17, 03:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mike C

On Sunday, April 2, 2017 at 11:20:10 PM UTC-6, Bret Hess wrote:
It will be interesting to see if the Xcskies price goes up. If it's still half the price of skysight, it might survive providing the world's worst customer service.

Checked SkySight twice during my free evaluation period. During both days XCSkies had a more accurate forecast while I was flying at Moriarty. Have never had a problem with XCSkies.

Mike
Old April 3rd 17, 03:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
kirk.stant

I've been using XCSkies since it first came out and have never had a problem with it - works just fine on my PC or my iPhone, all over the US.

A vast improvement over DrJack - my previous glider WX go-to.

If it ain't broke, it don't need fixin'

Kirk
66
Old April 3rd 17, 04:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

What customer service do you need? My experience has been that it works
and my renewals over 6 years have worked. What else is there? If you
can't figure out how to use it, ask a friend.

--
Dan, 5J
Old April 3rd 17, 05:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JS

On Monday, April 3, 2017 at 8:49:18 AM UTC-7, Dan Marotta wrote:
What customer service do you need? My experience has been that it works
and my renewals over 6 years have worked. What else is there? If you
can't figure out how to use it, ask a friend.

On 4/2/2017 11:20 PM, Bret Hess wrote:
It will be interesting to see if the Xcskies price goes up. If it's still half the price of skysight, it might survive providing the world's worst customer service.

--
Dan, 5J

Your mileage may vary?
For the most part I like XC Skies. It might be working where you fly. It works where I live too.
Personally had no problem resubscribing, but that doesn't deny other people's problems, including payment made and product not delivered.
Why do some XC Skies forecasts have enormous lines of weather that are different to the adjoining area? An example:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/87cli6uwgt...20GFS.jpg?dl=0
I've seen these vertical and horizontal lines in Northeastern USA and in New South Wales.
The NSW forecast was bad (as in the image) for at least two years with no response from the owner of the paid product. All requests sent to three different e-mail addresses from multiple e-mail accounts over a long period of time were ignored.
I evidently don't know how to use it, so I'll ask:
Where is the Convergence forecast on XC Skies?
Jim
Old April 3rd 17, 05:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mike C

On Monday, April 3, 2017 at 10:43:10 AM UTC-6, JS wrote:
[...]

Where I live in New Mexico, USA, convergence lines are easy to see on XCSkies, and they are usually accurate especially with the NAM forecasts. When I click on the "Cloud Base" tab, the convergence if there is to be one shows up very vividly. Maybe in the high desert or NM with such remarkable soaring conditions it may be easier to forecast and see, not sure.

Mike
Old April 4th 17, 02:27 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Why do some XC Skies forecasts have enormous lines of weather that are different to the adjoining area? An example:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/87cli6uwgt...20GFS.jpg?dl=0
I've seen these vertical and horizontal lines in Northeastern USA and in New South Wales.
The NSW forecast was bad (as in the image) for at least two years with no response from the owner of the paid product. All requests sent to three different e-mail addresses from multiple e-mail accounts over a long period of time were ignored.
I evidently don't know how to use it, so I'll ask:
Where is the Convergence forecast on XC Skies?
Jim

Global warming? :-D

Yeah, I know I'm a couple of days late, but I couldn't resist...
--
Dan, 5J

Xcskies Dan Mockler Soaring 15 September 9th 16 02:14 AM
XCSkies [email protected] Soaring 23 April 23rd 16 02:52 AM
Xcskies [email protected] Soaring 4 January 5th 16 09:02 PM
XCSkies New Account Dan Marotta Soaring 1 April 29th 12 02:47 PM
What happened to xcskies??? Scott Alexander[_2_] Soaring 9 March 4th 10 05:42 PM