Advanced Ground Instructor

Old January 5th 04, 02:36 AM
BTIZ

Local FSDO.. I believe..

BT

"Chris" wrote in message
Just a quick question about become an advanced ground instuctor....Since
there is no practical test where do i have to bring me test reports? I

like
in NY

Thanks to all who reply!!

Chris

Old January 5th 04, 02:47 AM
Chris

Thank you

"BTIZ" wrote in message
Local FSDO.. I believe..

BT

Old January 5th 04, 05:28 PM
Sylvain

"Chris" wrote in message ...
Thank you

"BTIZ" wrote
Local FSDO.. I believe..
there is no practical test where do i have to bring me test reports? I

I can confirm it, just went through the process; bring in your
test reports (both of them, i.e., FOI and AGI -- or just AGI and your
CFI certificate if you already have one) and an 8710 filled in (to save
yourself time); note that since this rating doesn't require any flying
experience, the bottom of the form (where one has to painfully fill in
number of hours in this or that condition) needs not be filled.

--Sylvain
Old January 5th 04, 10:31 PM
Robert M. Gary

"BTIZ" wrote in message news:C44Kb.46727$m83.25477@fed1read01...
Local FSDO.. I believe..

You have to make an appointment. The certificate must be signed by an
Inspector (FAA examiner) but they don't get to ask you questions (no
oral). The only qualification is passing the AGI test and the FOI (or
holding another CGI or CFI).

-Robert
Old January 6th 04, 10:29 PM
Jim

No appointment at MKE was required for me either, but to comment on how they
won't open the door... sometimes they can't, literally. The MKE FSDO has
been going through a remodeling process for about a year. They finally got
into their new digs. I showed up and the receptionist tried to buz me in
however the phone happened to ring before I turned the door knob and caused
the door to lock. I couldn't get in until she was off the phone. Then she
buzzed me in but when it was time to go, we couldn't get out! The door was
locked in both directions. They were locked in and the public was locked
out. They all thought it was a joke. Even though they had a "theatre
style" window and a speaker/mic, they never asked to see my ID until after I
was inside the office.
--
Jim Burns III

Remove "nospam" to reply