Uploading CAI file from Cam 20 to OLC

Old May 11th 05, 08:11 AM
Harri Hirvola

2NO wrote:
When I then modify the points to exactly match what SeeYou reports, the
distance becomes correct, but the 4th, 5th, and finish points are no
longer labeled in green, and the following error messages are reported:

"The finish time is after the end of the flight without propulsion.
This is not allowed. Please adjust the finish time or the time of the
end of the flight without propulsion.
Valid waypoints reached in the present flight trace (IGC-file) are
printed in green.
The flight claim is complete only when all waypoints are printed in
green.
Suggestions will be made by the server only if the flight trace
approaches a declared waypoint to no more than 2.5km.
There is no fix in the IGC-file with your finish time. "

... which makes no sense at all.

It might be that the times (take-off, departure, finish) are off by one
hour. If the altitude reported at the finish time is too high or the
position is not what it should be then try to advance the finish time.

Harri

Old May 11th 05, 09:12 PM
Bruce

2NO wrote:
I just tried again with a log file from YB's SN10, but I now get this
error message:

"The flight can not be scored, because it is outside the claim time
window.
The flight is in the BHC claim window. It may be possible to claim it
there."

I thought we had until midnight local time Tuesday for uploads?

*Sigh* time for a beer.

-eltedro/2NO

My experience - email them and explain your problem - extremely helpful and
unbeurocratic. They will probably ask for the original file via mail and sort it
out for you. (At least that was my experience when I first got my LX20 and made
a mess of things...)

--
Bruce Greeff
Std Cirrus #57
Old May 25th 05, 12:55 PM
David Kinsell

Roy Clark, B6 wrote:
Don't use Connect Me or Ipaq.

Have been using the method described in FAQ on the OLC.

So have you had any success yet?

Just tried my first submission, and finally got it to work
(using a CAI model 20). Two minor hitches, had a yellow V
indication which took a full day to turn green, and still
have an ENL error showing, even though I declared pure glider.

Method was to use SeeYou to download the trace, and prepare the
..olc file. Then used the cai2igc utility to create a new igc
file, and went to the web site and manually uploaded the new
files. The "submit to" boxes in SeeYou were empty, so couldn't
try that. Next time I'll try the more automated ways available.

People haven't been mentioning what software versions they've
been using, which could be important. I used SeeYou 2.82, with
the OLC-USA patch installed. Firmware in the model 20 was upgraded
to 6.0.

-Dave
Old May 25th 05, 12:59 PM
David Kinsell

David Leonard wrote:
Tuno,
I was just looking at a flight one of your ASA buddies (YB - yellow
belly?) made on Saturday. Noticed it was truncated on the OLC display
while they were still several thousand feet in the air. Downloaded the
*.igc file, and the rest of the flight was there in the B records, all
the way to landing. SeeYou could show the whole flight and came up with
a much longer distance.

I don't have a way to check the appended *.cai file, but it could be
truncated on the server. I have had an incomplete upload of a file in
the past, without any understandable error message, or obvious way to
recover.

Can't you just edit the flight, and hit Remove Flight to recover from this?

Old May 26th 05, 04:19 AM
Papa3

People haven't been mentioning what software versions they've
been using, which could be important. I used SeeYou 2.82, with
the OLC-USA patch installed.
-Dave

Anyone else having a problem with the "OLC Patch"? I dowloaded from
the SeeYou site, but the SeeYou still tries to upload to the old URL as
far as I can tell (ie. ~/2004). If this would work (ie. directly
submitting from SeeYou), it looks like by far the lowest hassle factor.

P3

Old May 26th 05, 04:42 AM
5Z

The most recent OLC patch I know of adds the US region support.

In any case, SeeYou 3.1 does the automatic upload for me just fine.

-Tom