A/D Question for Piper Cherokees

Old June 8th 04, 10:09 PM
zatatime

Default A/D Question for Piper Cherokees

Does anyone know the A/D number for the vertical fin/rudder that came
out last year (maybe the year before)?

It involves inspecting either the vertical fin or rudder for cracks
and describes repair options if they are found.

Appreciate any help from those who may know this A/D number.

TIA.

Old June 8th 04, 11:18 PM
No Spam

Does anyone know the A/D number for the vertical fin/rudder that came
out last year (maybe the year before)?

It involves inspecting either the vertical fin or rudder for cracks
and describes repair options if they are found.

Appreciate any help from those who may know this A/D number.

TIA.

FWIW, the FAA site shows no ADs against PA-28s since '99.

No Spam

Old June 9th 04, 02:05 AM
Aaron Coolidge

zatatime wrote:
: Does anyone know the A/D number for the vertical fin/rudder that came
: out last year (maybe the year before)?

: It involves inspecting either the vertical fin or rudder for cracks
: and describes repair options if they are found.

It's not an AD. It was either a Piper service letter or (more likely) an
FAA "Special Airworthiness Bulletin". It did not have any repair info in
it, it was only a recommendation to inspect the bottom part of the vertical
stabilizer just above the lower rudder attatch point for cracks.

I can't find the thing right now. I looked at my airplane and had no
cracks (in 6300 hours). I think I gave the paper to someone.
--
Aaron Coolidge (N9376J)
Old June 9th 04, 03:39 AM
zatatime

On Wed, 9 Jun 2004 01:05:59 +0000 (UTC), Aaron Coolidge
wrote:

It's not an AD. It was either a Piper service letter or (more likely) an
FAA "Special Airworthiness Bulletin". It did not have any repair info in
it, it was only a recommendation to inspect the bottom part of the vertical
stabilizer just above the lower rudder attatch point for cracks.

I can't find the thing right now. I looked at my airplane and had no
cracks (in 6300 hours). I think I gave the paper to someone.

Thank You. It was a Special Airworthiness bulletin. (It all comes
back to "you" when someone provides the proper input.)

I've got around 5,000 on mine and figured it'd be good to look.

I appreciate the response as I lost my papers as well.

Old June 10th 04, 04:20 PM
Jay Honeck

FWIW, the FAA site shows no ADs against PA-28s since '99.

Well, except for the dreaded crankshaft AD on the PA-28-235s and -236s,
running the Lycoming O-540 engine.

(Which I luckily have dodged... ;-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old June 10th 04, 06:29 PM
Jay Masino

Jay Honeck wrote:
FWIW, the FAA site shows no ADs against PA-28s since '99.

Well, except for the dreaded crankshaft AD on the PA-28-235s and -236s,
running the Lycoming O-540 engine.
(Which I luckily have dodged... ;-)

That's an AD against LYCOMING, not PIPER.

--
__!__
Jay and Teresa Masino ___(_)___
Old June 11th 04, 01:43 AM
Jay Honeck

(Which I luckily have dodged... ;-)

That's an AD against LYCOMING, not PIPER.

Good point.

It does, however, effect Piper Cherokees.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA