Rear passenger legroom in arrow

Old October 22nd 04, 06:45 AM
MC

Bob Chilcoat wrote:
According to "The Cherokee Tribe" by Terry Lee Rodgers (Cherokee Pilots'
Association, no date given), the Arrow 180 and 200 has a fuselage length of
24' 2" through 1971. The Arrow II has a length of 24' 7" starting in 1972.
The Arrow III has a length of 27'! I have trouble believing that last
number. Any Arrow III owners able to confirm that the tapered-wing Arrows
are over two feet longer?

According to the pretty picture in the POH for my '79 model
t-tail Arrow IV, the length is 26' 11.9"

Room in the back is ok, not great.
Old October 22nd 04, 07:45 PM
Robert M. Gary

"Dude" wrote in message ...
What light planes DO have nice backseats? Also, if you are below 200hp, you
are unlikely going to need much room back there.

I am just shy of 6'3". Most planes become 3 seaters with me up front.

So far, I see a 182 is okay for a small person behind me, a Cirrus is okay
as well.

I would have to adjust my seat for a Mooney to work well. Haven't seen the
long Arrows, but the regular ones - forget about it. 172, no soap.

A Mooney is designed a bit different though because its a "tall
person's plane". Al Mooney was pretty tall. I'm 6'4" and own an F
model (a bit longer than the E and other's before it). I can sit in
the front or the back. I have taken 4 adults up on short trips. I have
1000 lbs of useful load and only burn 10 gal/hr so with light fuel you
can have 4 guys. The difference in the seats in the Mooney is that
there is a HUGE distance between the front seat and the rudders. Short
people have to buy rudder extenders in the Mooney because it simply
was not designed with short people in mind. The Mooney is the only
plane I've ever flown that I could actually sit close to the panel and
not be out of leg room.

-Robert

Meting with a Lancaster rear gunner Dave Eadsforth Military Aviation 12 November 22nd 03 08:08 AM
More long-range Spitfires and daylight Bomber Command raids, with added nationalistic abuse (was: #1 Jet of World War II) The Revolution Will Not Be Televised Military Aviation 161 September 25th 03 07:35 AM
#1 Jet of World War II Christopher Military Aviation 203 September 1st 03 03:04 AM
Long-range Spitfires and daylight Bomber Command raids (was: #1 Jet of World War II) The Revolution Will Not Be Televised Military Aviation 20 August 27th 03 09:14 AM
Why not a Quad Tiltrotor Pusher-Puller? Blair Maynard Naval Aviation 4 July 2nd 03 07:52 AM