Piston single research

Old January 23rd 08, 05:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
B A R R Y[_2_]

Default Piston single research

Folks,

I'm starting to research my next plane.

Is anyone aware of a book that lists, or better yet, groups by
similarities, piston single aircraft for performance and specification
research?

Any suggestions are welcome. A website would be OK, too, but I'd
actually prefer printed material.

Thanks!
Old January 23rd 08, 05:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning, rec.aviation.piloting
Kingfish

On Jan 23, 12:04*pm, B A R R Y wrote:
Folks,

I'm starting to research my next plane.

Is anyone aware of a book that lists, or better yet, groups by
similarities, piston single aircraft for performance and specification
research?

Any suggestions are welcome. *A website would be OK, too, but I'd
actually prefer printed material.

Thanks!

Try this: http://www.ipilot.com/aircraft

What did you have in mind? You fly out of HFD right?

Old January 23rd 08, 05:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning, rec.aviation.piloting
Dazzz

You could also try one of these books ...

http://www.transair.co.uk/aviation_t...ategory_ID=469

I've got the second one and it does group them a little. Not sure it
will have the detail you may be after.

Cheers ... Dazzz
Old January 23rd 08, 05:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Gig 601XL Builder[_2_]

B A R R Y wrote:
Folks,

I'm starting to research my next plane.

Is anyone aware of a book that lists, or better yet, groups by
similarities, piston single aircraft for performance and specification
research?

Any suggestions are welcome. A website would be OK, too, but I'd
actually prefer printed material.

Thanks!

Note a book but...

http://www.risingup.com/planespecs/
Old January 23rd 08, 05:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Gig 601XL Builder[_2_]

Gig 601XL Builder wrote:
B A R R Y wrote:
Folks,

I'm starting to research my next plane.

Is anyone aware of a book that lists, or better yet, groups by
similarities, piston single aircraft for performance and specification
research?

Any suggestions are welcome. A website would be OK, too, but I'd
actually prefer printed material.

Thanks!

Note a book but...

http://www.risingup.com/planespecs/

Oh and I forgot to mention it has this page.
http://www.risingup.com/planespecs/advsearch.shtml

where you can enter the specs you are looking for and it will give you a
list of matching planes.
Old January 23rd 08, 05:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting

In rec.aviation.owning B A R R Y wrote:
Folks,

I'm starting to research my next plane.

Is anyone aware of a book that lists, or better yet, groups by
similarities, piston single aircraft for performance and specification
research?

Any suggestions are welcome. A website would be OK, too, but I'd
actually prefer printed material.

I would think things are much too dynamic for a printed book to be
of any value.

http://www.pilotfriend.com/aircraft%.../acft_perf.htm

http://www.planeandpilotmag.com/airc...fications.html

The AOPA site has numerous reviews.

www.avaiationconsumer has lots of reviews, but they charge for them.

The Used Aircraft Guide CD from Aviation Consumer is pretty good.

Since I now have a plane, I'll give you my copy if you e-mail me
an address to mail it to.

--
Jim Pennino

Remove .spam.sux to reply.
Old January 23rd 08, 06:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting

In rec.aviation.owning Gig 601XL Builder wrote:
Gig 601XL Builder wrote:
B A R R Y wrote:
Folks,

I'm starting to research my next plane.

Is anyone aware of a book that lists, or better yet, groups by
similarities, piston single aircraft for performance and specification
research?

Any suggestions are welcome. A website would be OK, too, but I'd
actually prefer printed material.

Thanks!

Note a book but...

http://www.risingup.com/planespecs/

Oh and I forgot to mention it has this page.
http://www.risingup.com/planespecs/advsearch.shtml

where you can enter the specs you are looking for and it will give you a
list of matching planes.

The only problem with that one is that you can't enter the number of
seats or payload, but other than that it is pretty good.

--
Jim Pennino

Remove .spam.sux to reply.
Old January 23rd 08, 07:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
B A R R Y[_2_]

Kingfish wrote:

Try this: http://www.ipilot.com/aircraft

Will do!

What did you have in mind? You fly out of HFD right?

That was temporary. Now we're back at Windham (IJD).

We're (two of us) looking at the 150+ knot range, 4-5 seats, IFR &
autopilot, ~$100-125k. As we're very early in the process, I'm still
looking into speed / payload / fuel burn trade-offs, cabin size, gear
options.

We'd rather not get smaller up front than the Sundowner, as I'm 6'1"
225, and my co-owner is 6'6", 185. We'd like to go faster and higher
(who doesn't? G) and possibly gain some load.

I'm looking for a resource to fit aircraft to the mission, where I can
start getting price and insurance ideas from Trade-a-Plane, etc...
Old January 23rd 08, 07:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
B A R R Y[_2_]

Great suggestions, so far.

Thanks!
Old January 23rd 08, 08:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning, rec.aviation.piloting
xyzzy

On Jan 23, 1:36 pm, Gig 601XL Builder
wrote:
Gig 601XL Builder wrote:
B A R R Y wrote:
Folks,

I'm starting to research my next plane.

Is anyone aware of a book that lists, or better yet, groups by
similarities, piston single aircraft for performance and specification
research?

Any suggestions are welcome. A website would be OK, too, but I'd
actually prefer printed material.

Thanks!

Note a book but...

http://www.risingup.com/planespecs/

Oh and I forgot to mention it has this page.http://www.risingup.com/planespecs/advsearch.shtml

where you can enter the specs you are looking for and it will give you a
list of matching planes.

It would be a lot more useful if you could say for example twin or
not, retractable gear or not, tailwheel or not. 200+ results with a
bunch of twins isn't that useful to me...