Amazon video "Wind"

Old June 29th 20, 07:22 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Amazon video "Wind"

I was entertained watching this video titled "Wind" on Amazon Prime. It has a small bit of aviation in it. Was this filmed at Tonopah, Austin dry lake, Colorado River? Your wife/ girl friend will enjoy it too.
Old June 29th 20, 07:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
5Z

On Sunday, June 28, 2020 at 11:22:46 PM UTC-7, wrote:
I was entertained watching this video titled "Wind" on Amazon Prime. It
has a small bit of aviation in it. Was this filmed at Tonopah, Austin
dry lake, Colorado River? Your wife/ girl friend will enjoy it too.

Cliff Robertson was an avid sailplane pilot and very nice guy. Met him at Hilton's Flying M ranch.

5Z
Old July 2nd 20, 03:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Can you provide a link? Only thing I found was Matthew Modine film which doesn't seem to be what you describe...
Old July 2nd 20, 03:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bruce

On Thursday, July 2, 2020 at 7:34:14 AM UTC-7, wrote:
Can you provide a link? Only thing I found was Matthew Modine film which doesn't seem to be what you describe...

https://smile.amazon.com/Wind-Matthe...t-video&sr=1-1

It's about losing America's cup and winning it back from Australia, and has a short scene with gliders. Good watch for those who enjoyed the 12 mtr yacht racing with a little glider flying thrown in.
Old July 2nd 20, 06:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Neal Alders

Yes, Wind is a Matt Modine movie about 12 meter Americas cup yacht racing. Great movie! One of my favorites. Nice scene of some glider flying in there.
Old July 3rd 20, 01:57 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Michael Opitz

Default Amazon video

wrote:
Can you provide a link? Only thing I found was Matthew Modine film

which
doesn't seem to be what you describe...

https://smile.amazon.com/Wind-Matthew-

Modine/dp/B088PWYZ6B/ref=sr_1_1?
dchild=1&keywords=wind&qid=1593701614&s=instant-video&sr=1-1

It's about losing America's cup and winning it back from Australia,

and
has a short scene with gliders. Good watch for those who enjoyed

the 12
mtr yacht racing with a little glider flying thrown in.

I was flying on the USA team at Benalla in January, 1987 at the
WGC. Perth is on the other end of the country from Benalla and 3
time zones behind, so we'd hurry up after landing, turn in our
documentation, and go to the motel real quick to watch the last half
or so of the day's America's Cup race on live TV. Good times for us..

RO

Old July 3rd 20, 11:33 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Martin Gregorie[_6_]

wrote:
Can you provide a link? Only thing I found was Matthew Modine film

which
doesn't seem to be what you describe...

https://smile.amazon.com/Wind-Matthew-

Modine/dp/B088PWYZ6B/ref=sr_1_1?
dchild=1&keywords=wind&qid=1593701614&s=instant-video&sr=1-1

It's about losing America's cup and winning it back from Australia,

and
has a short scene with gliders. Good watch for those who enjoyed

the 12
mtr yacht racing with a little glider flying thrown in.

I was flying on the USA team at Benalla in January, 1987 at the WGC.
Perth is on the other end of the country from Benalla and 3 time zones
behind, so we'd hurry up after landing, turn in our documentation, and
go to the motel real quick to watch the last half or so of the day's
America's Cup race on live TV. Good times for us..

....and I was in the British Free Flight team for the 1983 World Champs,
flying F1A towline gliders at Goulburn at the same time.

Goulburn is a small town more or less midway between Sydney and Canberra.
All the teams were accommodated at the Goulburn Agricultural College,
which had a good bar and excellent food. We'd fly all day (practise days,
warm-up competition competition and then the Worlds) and had a good,
convivial time in the evenings before going back to our small, 3/4 person
room for another case of beer while we watched the America's Cup racing.
TV on again next morning to see who'd won before heading down for
breakfast and out to the flying field.

Matt Gewain won F1A for the USA, The British Team picked up 1st in F1A.

Halcyon days...

--
Martin | martin at
Gregorie | gregorie dot org

Old July 4th 20, 02:14 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mike N.

I was and still am a huge fan of America's Cup racing.
The last two cups using the newfoiling, wing-sail catamarans. Have been great fun to watch.

See you in 2021!