Hurricane Ike - Be careful out there and God bless

Old September 13th 08, 07:25 AM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.military.naval
Rob Arndt[_2_]

Default Hurricane Ike - Be careful out there and God bless

On Sep 12, 6:21�pm, Dan wrote:
the Bede wrote:
"�~���u�~�" wrote in message
.. .
On Fri, 12 Sep 2008 19:39:59 -0400, "Raymond O'Hara"
wrote:

"David E. Powell" wrote in message
Bede is right, hope all RSPWers, RAM/RAMN/SMNers and AFTSers get
through this OK and with minimal damages.

some of those weather reporters seem to have a death wish.
I keep watching the weather channel �waiting for one of them to get swept
out to sea
I watch the Weather Channel for a totally different reason. I keep
hoping to see Stephanie Abrams have her top ripped off by a wave

Geraldo got knocked over on camera today.

� �Unfortunately he survived.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired- Hide quoted text -

Way to go, Dan... while others pray, you wish someone dead.

Rob

p.s. Don't try to redirect by pointing to my posts, but answer up for
this here and now. You live in Florida for Godssakes and wish that
kind of evil on someone? What does that make you? Hurricane Nazi IMO.
Old September 13th 08, 02:04 PM posted to sci.military.naval,rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.military.naval
Dan[_12_]

David E. Powell wrote:
On Sep 12, 11:28 pm, "Lord Gow333, Conservative Fullback!"
wrote:
"David E. Powell" wrote in ...

Bede is right, hope all RSPWers, RAM/RAMN/SMNers and AFTSers get
through this OK and with minimal damages.

Apparently the NWS has asked people who don't evacuate to write their Social
Security number on their arm...

Umm... tell 'em, Ron:

DAMN!!!

OUCH. The History Channel did a documentary on the big Galveston storm
of about 100 years ago called "Isaac's Storm" and that was pretty
scary. If this is even close to that I don't envy the people staying
there. Hope they (and these reporters) have tall concrete buildings*
to get to when it starts getting really bad. Even then, windows can
blow out, etc. and it can turn into a really wet wind tunnel.

LG (wishes them well)

Word.

--
Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently. - Henry Ford

*With good, deep, solid foundations.

When the dust settles there should be a panel to determine which of
the rescued who didn't evacuate did so voluntarily. Those who refused to
evacuate should be made to reimburse the rescuers. I save my best wishes
for those who deserve it. Those who couldn't evacuate for legitimate
reasons shouldn't be made to reimburse the rescuers.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired
Old September 13th 08, 02:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.military.naval
Dan[_12_]

Rob Arndt wrote:
wrote:
"David E. Powell" wrote in message
Bede is right, hope all RSPWers, RAM/RAMN/SMNers and AFTSers get
through this OK and with minimal damages.
some of those weather reporters seem to have a death wish.
I keep watching the weather channel �waiting for one of them to get swept
out to sea
I watch the Weather Channel for a totally different reason. I keep
hoping to see Stephanie Abrams have her top ripped off by a wave
Geraldo got knocked over on camera today.

� �Unfortunately he survived.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired- Hide quoted text -

Way to go, Dan... while others pray, you wish someone dead.

Rob

p.s. Don't try to redirect by pointing to my posts, but answer up for
this here and now. You live in Florida for Godssakes and wish that
kind of evil on someone? What does that make you? Hurricane Nazi IMO.

Geraldo put the lives of U.S. soldiers at risk in Iraq by reporting a
future operation. That makes him slime in my book.

As for the reporters who feel the need to go out and report from
inside a dangerous storm I have no sympathy. Maybe if one of them gets
decapitated live on camera they will cease such foolishness. It sets a
bad example for those who aren't sure about evacuation should a storm
head their way.

Nice try, missy.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired
Old September 13th 08, 04:03 PM posted to sci.military.naval,rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.military.naval
[email protected][_2_]

On Sep 13, 9:04*am, Dan wrote:
David E. Powell wrote:
On Sep 12, 11:28 pm, "Lord Gow333, Conservative Fullback!"
wrote:
"David E. Powell" wrote in ...

[...]

And anyone who didn't get their kids out needs a long look
from Children's Services.
Old September 13th 08, 05:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.military.naval
Rob Arndt[_2_]

On Sep 13, 6:10�am, Dan wrote:
Rob Arndt wrote:
wrote:
[...]

Has it ever occurred to you that in these danger areas the coverage
provided not only benefits the potential victims of the disasters but
also updates both the meteorologists and EMS, fire, police, and
military assets also left behind to deal with the disaster?

I don't care whether Geraldo is going for sensationalism or not, but
at least he's the one braving the hurricane while you criticize and
wish him dead from the safety of your home.

No doubt Floridians are pussies compared to Texans anyway and such
behavior and bad commentary can be expected from such lowlifes.

I have been here on RAM for over a decade and have never wished you to
die in a hurricane in Florida or any other natural disaster and I
can't stand your miserable presence here.

Anyway, you evaded instead of being a man and apologizing for your
careless remarks against someone you have never met who is performing
more than news duty but a public and humanitarian service. At any
moment in 130 mph winds flying debris can kill instantly, but it's not
your ass in front of the storm for hours on end reporting events as
they happen.

You are nothing more than human feces and so is anyone elese here who
posts on wishing someone would be killed on camera for pleasure-
that's just depraved.

Rob

p.s. Were you hoping the MSNBC and CNN new crews were killed as
well... or only Geraldo of Fox???

p.s.s. Against Hurrican hunters too?
Old September 13th 08, 05:18 PM posted to sci.military.naval,rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.military.naval
Raymond O'Hara

"Dan" wrote in message
David E. Powell wrote:
On Sep 12, 11:28 pm, "Lord Gow333, Conservative Fullback!"
wrote:
"David E. Powell" wrote in

[...]

i know in the white mountains they charge fool hikers who need to be
rescued in the winter.

Old September 13th 08, 05:39 PM posted to sci.military.naval,rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.military.naval
Dan[_12_]

wrote:
On Sep 13, 9:04 am, Dan wrote:
David E. Powell wrote:
On Sep 12, 11:28 pm, "Lord Gow333, Conservative Fullback!"
wrote:
"David E. Powell" wrote in ...
[...]

As well as the elderly and disabled in their care.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired
Old September 13th 08, 05:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.military.naval
Dan[_12_]

Rob Arndt wrote:
On Sep 13, 6:10�am, Dan wrote:
Rob Arndt wrote:
wrote:
[...]

Right, standing out in a storm helps, sure it does, just like
standing in front of the White House lends veracity to a reporter's
comments about the president.

I don't care whether Geraldo is going for sensationalism or not, but
at least he's the one braving the hurricane while you criticize and
wish him dead from the safety of your home.

When Hurricane Elena came through I was in Destin getting an H-60
flyable. Take a look at ho close Destin airport is to the water and what
it's field elevation is.

As for wishing human beings dead from the safety of one's home you do
it every time you call for military action. Unlike you, I have put my
hide on the line.

No doubt Floridians are pussies compared to Texans anyway and such
behavior and bad commentary can be expected from such lowlifes.

As compared to a certain Californian who has never done a single brave
thing in her life?

I have been here on RAM for over a decade and have never wished you to
die in a hurricane in Florida or any other natural disaster and I
can't stand your miserable presence here.

Right.

Anyway, you evaded instead of being a man and apologizing for your
careless remarks against someone you have never met who is performing
more than news duty but a public and humanitarian service. At any
moment in 130 mph winds flying debris can kill instantly, but it's not
your ass in front of the storm for hours on end reporting events as
they happen.

I stand by what I said, no apology is coming. Standing in the storm
looking tough makes as much sense and standing up in a combat zone. It's
impressive to the likes of you, but incredibly stupid.

You are nothing more than human feces and so is anyone elese here who
posts on wishing someone would be killed on camera for pleasure-
that's just depraved.

I never said I would enjoy watching him or anyone else get killed on
camera.

Rob

p.s. Were you hoping the MSNBC and CNN new crews were killed as
well... or only Geraldo of Fox???

Again, I wasn't hoping anyone would die, that's your projection, not
mine. I wouldn't shed a tear if he had been killed.

p.s.s. Against Hurrican hunters too?

Now you are being silly, the hunters are my brethren. Unlike you, I
get no joy when U.S. servicemen being injured or killed.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired
Old September 13th 08, 05:57 PM posted to sci.military.naval,rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.military.naval
[email protected][_2_]

On Sep 13, 12:18*pm, "Raymond O'Hara"
wrote:
"Dan" wrote in message

David E. Powell wrote:
On Sep 12, 11:28 pm, "Lord Gow333, Conservative Fullback!"
wrote:
"David E. Powell" wrote in

[...]

The Coast Guard started that about 15-20 years ago. I think it's
called the "Dumbass Charge".....and helicopters are very
expensive....not to mention if they have to send a cutter after you.
Old September 13th 08, 06:13 PM posted to sci.military.naval,rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.military.naval
Dan[_12_]

wrote:
"Dan" wrote in message

David E. Powell wrote:
On Sep 12, 11:28 pm, "Lord Gow333, Conservative Fullback!"
wrote:
"David E. Powell" wrote in
[...]

If memory serves Grand Canyon is doing it too.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired