Old parachute

Old September 18th 09, 03:07 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JJ Sinclair

Default Old parachute

Son John (aka JJ jr) is the training chief for Elk Grove Fire
department and they would like to have a training scenario where the
firemen must work out the details of rescuing an aviator who is hung
up on a power pole after bailout. Does anyone have an old, non
airworthy parachute they would donate to train the guys that respond
to our real emergencies? Will pay the shipping.
Thanks,
JJ & JJ jr. Sinclair
Old September 18th 09, 12:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
rlovinggood

On Sep 17, 10:07*pm, JJ Sinclair wrote:
Son John (aka JJ jr) is the training chief for Elk Grove Fire
department and they would like to have a training scenario where the
firemen must work out the details of rescuing an aviator who is hung
up on a power pole after bailout. Does anyone have an old, non
airworthy parachute they would donate to train the guys that respond
to our real emergencies? Will pay the shipping.
Thanks,
JJ & JJ jr. Sinclair

JJ, one of our club members has a Security 350, I think. I'll send
him an e-mail asking if he would like to send it your way. Can't
think of a better purpose for an "unuseable" parachute.

Ray Lovinggood
Carrboro, North Carolina, USA
Old September 18th 09, 01:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JJ Sinclair

Thanks Ray, but it looks like we have 2 chutes here in the local area.
John's Company rescued a BASE jumper from a TV antenna, at night, in
high winds, a while back! Those BASE jumpers don't have both oars in
the water!
A fire department north of Mt. Home Idaho rescued me and my nose
gunner after we set the place on fire. We're lucky to have such
dedicated guys on call.
JJ

Old September 19th 09, 07:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected][_2_]

rlovinggood wrote:
On Sep 17, 10:07*pm, JJ Sinclair wrote:
Son John (aka JJ jr) is the training chief for Elk Grove Fire

JJ,
They still talk in Mt. Home about that event even though it was over40
years ago. Something about,"...how did those two nuts start that
fire..."

Tom
Idaho

FS: Parachute Ed Byars Soaring 0 March 28th 06 11:09 PM
F.S. Parachute Tom Stowers Products 1 October 1st 04 12:36 AM
F.S. Parachute Tom Stowers Aviation Marketplace 0 October 1st 04 12:36 AM
F.S. Parachute Tom Stowers Soaring 0 October 1st 04 12:28 AM
Parachute anyone? [email protected] Home Built 18 January 21st 04 08:39 AM