Genealogy of Piper Aircraft

Old December 30th 04, 01:40 AM
Mike Granby

Default Genealogy of Piper Aircraft

Our FBO has a poster on the wall entitled "A Genealogy of Piper
Aircraft" or something similar. It shows the various lines of aircraft
(PA-28, PA-32 etc) and the various models in that line. I've been
trying to find a copy without success. While a quick trip to the color
photocopies with the FBO's version would solve the problem, I'd prefer
to get my hands on a legal copy. Anyone know who sells 'em?

Old December 30th 04, 06:32 AM
Blanche

Call New Piper in Florida after the first of the year. They could
tell you -- if they don't sell them.

Old December 30th 04, 01:36 PM
Cub Driver

I've seen that in one of the Piper histories, so the copyright might
be owned by New Piper.

I'm reasonably sure it's NOT sold by Historic Aviation, which seems to
be the gold standard for this sort of thing.

I too would like to know where they're to be had, if anywhere. (Sounds
like something Piper or New Piper published on an anniversary of some
sort.)

Old December 30th 04, 03:34 PM
Denny

Does the Genealogy show that the PA-23 line came from Stinson?
Denny and Fat Albert the Apache

Old December 30th 04, 07:59 PM
Mike Granby

Denny,

I'll have a look next time I'm at the FBO...

Mike.

Old December 31st 04, 01:36 AM
Rich

Mike Granby wrote:

Our FBO has a poster on the wall entitled "A Genealogy of Piper
Aircraft" or something similar. It shows the various lines of aircraft
(PA-28, PA-32 etc) and the various models in that line. I've been
trying to find a copy without success. While a quick trip to the color
photocopies with the FBO's version would solve the problem, I'd prefer
to get my hands on a legal copy. Anyone know who sells 'em?

I have a copy in my archives I might be convinced to part with.

Rich

Old December 31st 04, 02:47 AM
Mike Granby

And how might one convince you?

Old December 31st 04, 12:09 PM
Cub Driver

On 30 Dec 2004 06:34:39 -0800, "Denny" wrote:

Does the Genealogy show that the PA-23 line came from Stinson?
Denny and Fat Albert the Apache

Okay, I got off my bum and got down the book. It's Devon Francis's Mr.
Piper and His Cubs, and the genealogy is on the endpapers. The book
was published in 1973 by Iowa State University Press, but a reasonable
guess is that it was financed by Piper Aircraft.

The artist is Dick Clark.

PA-23, huh? Yes. The line starts with the Twin Stinson about 1950.

Old December 31st 04, 11:16 PM

I did a search on ebay.com for 'piper maintenance' and had quite a few
hits, they look reasonably priced too.