Christmas Annual - long drivel

Old December 30th 04, 08:11 PM
Jim Burns

Louis,
Would you have any pictures or details on yours? I'd be interested in
seeing exactly how yours was done.

Jim

"Louis L. Perley III" wrote in message
"Jim Burns" wrote in message
Denny,
Is there an STC for a Split Lower Cowl modification for the Apache?
Something makes me think it was an option on Geronimo conversions.
Hopefully it will be too late to implement the STC (hoping that only one
more cowl off/cowl on round trip will be required of you!) but maybe an
option to think about in the future There are a couple outfits working

on
an STC for the Aztec and we may look into it this summer during our

annual.
A field approval for the cowl mod would also be an option. Either way

it
should pay for itself in reduced labor costs.
Good luck!
Jim

I have this on my Aztec, makes life a lot better overall (and you no

longer
need two people to remove the cowls). I don't have an STC for it, as it

was
done with a field approval.

--
Louis L. Perley III
N46000 - C152

Old December 31st 04, 03:11 AM
Ric

"Denny" wrote in message
ps.com...

"Well, it's some better." - I say... The ceiling is dropping and ten
miles out we are forced down to 800 feet to stay out of the clag... We
smiles... I pull the mixture to cut off - and the engine continues to
run - and run, and run, shaking and wallowing like a wet dog - Steve
is not smiling... I goose the throttle to break the vacuum that is
pulling fuel through the carb, and it winds down... "Well, that's not
better." - I say... Back to square one!

I would have thought that this problem would have manifested itself when the
engine was shutdown after the test run and leak check post carby fittment.

Ric

Old December 31st 04, 06:07 PM
Denny

Steve ran the engine on the ground doing several start up and shut
downs until he and the other mechanic were convinced the repaired 'new'
carb was good to go - especially since he is really frustrated over
this whole deal and was not going to put the cowlings back on just for
fun... However, ground running does not get the engine and carb as heat
soaked as a 20 mile circuit at 75%, and after that it did not cut the
fuel off completely... This carburetor has been an albatross from day
one, as you will see if you read my entire thread... It is now noon and
I'm waiting a call from Steve that the new, new, new carburetor has
arrived via untied parcel... Third times the charm, they say - whoever
'they' are...

OTOH, I just got my pickup back from the Chevy dealer 20 minutes ago
from replacing two antiskid sensors, including 2.5 hours of labor, it
cost me $450 dollars, so Steve is in the wrong business...

Denny

Old December 31st 04, 09:52 PM
Louis L. Perley III

"Jim Burns" wrote in message
Louis,
Would you have any pictures or details on yours? I'd be interested in
seeing exactly how yours was done.

Jim

I don't have anything on it, but that wouldn't stop me from taking some
pictures. I think I might have found some paperwork on it as well, but it's
in French (it was done in Canada), it has some drawings, etc. and what looks
like posible engineering info (don't know why they'd need this unless they
were pursuing a STC for the modification, but it's there) I'll see if I can
scan those in as well.

--
Louis L. Perley III
N46000 - C152