A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » Soaring
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

CUB Format on soaringdata.info (mostly US)

Old February 17th 19, 07:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
2KA
external usenet poster

Default CUB Format on soaringdata.info (mostly US)

I am pleased to announce that all US airspace information on soaringdata.info is now available in SeeYou CUB format, as well as the legacy formats including OpenAir, Tim Newport-Peace SUA, and Google Earth KMZ. This means:

- You can download Temporary Flight Restrictions in CUB format directly, without having to do a format conversion;

- You can download a CUB file containing up-to-date airspace info for the entire US for current charting cycle, without having to wait for periodic updates from Naviter; and

- You can run a bounded query and create your own CUB airspace file for a smaller area. Follow the link from the Airports tab, enter an airport code and radius, and select a companion airspace file in CUB format.

You can get to soaringdata.info at:

http://www.soaringdata.info

As always, everything on the site is free and freely redistributable.

Happy Downloading!

Lynn Alley
"2KA"

PS. This was my wintertime project, and it took a bit of work. I've shared the code with John Leibacher (who provided some helpful suggestions for improvements), and he should soon be able to support CUB airspace format more fully on the Soaring Turnpoint Exchange, worldwide.

Old February 17th 19, 08:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
MNLou
external usenet poster

Thanks a million Lynn! This will be very helpful!

Lou
Old February 17th 19, 08:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JS[_5_]
external usenet poster

Thanks, Lynn.
Soaringdata.info is extremely useful. You've processed many of my SW USA databases, now around 1100 waypoints. Can't imagine keeping up with that 4-6 times a year without it!
I've been getting TXT and converting it for those with SeeYou Mobile or LX.
Is it possible to get TXT and CUB formats in the same airports.ZIP file?
Jim

(Please use the donate link if you use this site)
Old February 17th 19, 09:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
2KA
external usenet poster

Jim, as things stand right now, you can't get two airspace formats in the same airports zip file -- you have to choose. But, after you have downloaded the first, it is really easy to get the second. Just hit your browser's back button, change the airspace format type, and then download the second. Nothing else has to change.

L.
Old February 18th 19, 01:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde
external usenet poster

Hi Lynn,

Awesome!!! Thank you very much! Your excellent resource is even better now!

Thank you!

Paul Remde

On Sunday, February 17, 2019 at 12:33:53 PM UTC-6, 2KA wrote:
I am pleased to announce that all US airspace information on soaringdata.info is now available in SeeYou CUB format, as well as the legacy formats including OpenAir, Tim Newport-Peace SUA, and Google Earth KMZ. This means:

- You can download Temporary Flight Restrictions in CUB format directly, without having to do a format conversion;

- You can download a CUB file containing up-to-date airspace info for the entire US for current charting cycle, without having to wait for periodic updates from Naviter; and

- You can run a bounded query and create your own CUB airspace file for a smaller area. Follow the link from the Airports tab, enter an airport code and radius, and select a companion airspace file in CUB format.

You can get to soaringdata.info at:

http://www.soaringdata.info

As always, everything on the site is free and freely redistributable.

Happy Downloading!

Lynn Alley
"2KA"

PS. This was my wintertime project, and it took a bit of work. I've shared the code with John Leibacher (who provided some helpful suggestions for improvements), and he should soon be able to support CUB airspace format more fully on the Soaring Turnpoint Exchange, worldwide.

Old February 18th 19, 04:55 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ramy[_2_]
external usenet poster

Thanks Lynn! I was looking forward for this since I started using LXNAV!

Ramy