Videos: Su-37 Superflanker vs F-22 Raptor

Old January 3rd 04, 03:05 PM
Alejandro Magno

Default Videos: Su-37 Superflanker vs F-22 Raptor

Videos

Su-37 http://www.usnews.com/usnews/politic...perflanker.htm

F-22 http://luke.megagis.lt/AirExtreme/F22/002.mpg

Commets ?

Alejandro Magno
Old January 3rd 04, 07:58 PM
TJ

"Alejandro Magno" wrote in message
om...
Videos

Su-37 http://www.usnews.com/usnews/politic...perflanker.htm

F-22 http://luke.megagis.lt/AirExtreme/F22/002.mpg

Commets ?

Alejandro Magno

There is no designation "Super Flanker". The SU-37 was designated FLANKER E
variant 2. This aircraft, bort 711, crashed in December 2002. The pilot
ejected successfully. Prior to the crash the 37 had been converted back to
SU-35 (FLANKER E variant 1) status.

TJ

Old January 4th 04, 07:39 AM
Alejandro Magno

Scott Ferrin wrote
http://www.xmission.com/~sferrin/F-22_1.mpg
http://www.xmission.com/~sferrin/F-22_2.mpg
http://www.xmission.com/~sferrin/Su-30_1.avi
Comments?

Scott

Thanks for the videos, you can find more he
http://www.globemaster.de/airextreme/jets.html

Alejandro Magno III
Old January 4th 04, 08:16 AM
Scott Ferrin

On 3 Jan 2004 22:39:44 -0800, (Alejandro
Magno) wrote:

Scott Ferrin wrote
http://www.xmission.com/~sferrin/F-22_1.mpg
http://www.xmission.com/~sferrin/F-22_2.mpg
http://www.xmission.com/~sferrin/Su-30_1.avi
Comments?

Scott

Thanks for the videos, you can find more he
http://www.globemaster.de/airextreme/jets.html

Alejandro Magno I

That video of the B-52 crashing is a pretty scarey one. BTW is there
some reason you feel the need to dog the US rather than to try to
remain somewhat objective? I looked at your other post and it seems
like you are more interested in attempting to prove something than in
genuinely exchanging thoughts and information. If I'm wrong please
correct me.
Old January 4th 04, 11:02 AM
Alejandro Magno

Scott Ferrin wrote
That video of the B-52 crashing is a pretty scarey one. BTW is there
some reason you feel the need to dog the US rather than to try to
remain somewhat objective? I looked at your other post and it seems
like you are more interested in attempting to prove something than in
genuinely exchanging thoughts and information. If I'm wrong please
correct me.

I hope I am not violating the policies of this group.
Sometimes I think that the USA is overrated.

Magno
Old January 4th 04, 11:48 AM
Scott Ferrin

On 4 Jan 2004 02:02:26 -0800, (Alejandro
Magno) wrote:

Scott Ferrin wrote
That video of the B-52 crashing is a pretty scarey one. BTW is there
some reason you feel the need to dog the US rather than to try to
remain somewhat objective? I looked at your other post and it seems
like you are more interested in attempting to prove something than in
genuinely exchanging thoughts and information. If I'm wrong please
correct me.

I hope I am not violating the policies of this group.
Sometimes I think that the USA is overrated.

Magno

You're not violating any policies per say (I'm not even sure there are
any except basic courtesy) but when one rambles on about the supposed
superiority of a country, airplane, whatever with the express intent
of ****ing people off it doesn't go over real well and it's not long
before people stop taking you seriously and see you as nothing more
than an annoyance. If you think the Su-37 is superior to the F-22
then great. Tell us why and if it's just your opinion or actually
based on facts. The fact that you started off with a video of an F-22
prototype crashing while the Flanker does a couple flips suggests all
you wanted to do is slam the F-22. That being the case there are
people here that would be more than happy to slam you right back but
in the end you'll simply be ignored. If you feel like the US is
overrated then fine. You're entitled to your own opinion.
Old January 4th 04, 01:50 PM
John Carrier

Commets ?

Hardly a fair comparison ... Su product demo versus YF flight mishap.

Maneuverability is not the panacea it might appear. 180 degree heading
reversals in a phone booth certainly impress, but the aircraft is an
inviting target while performing them. It might be interesting to see a
1v1, guns only engagement between the two aircraft, but it'd be irrelevant.

Other aerodynamic factors ... speed, range, run-out capability, endurance
.... are more significant. Tactics (how you employ the aircraft) are
important. And the final argument is weapons system performance.

There are numerous examples of less-maneuverable aircraft gaining
superiority over their better turning adversaries. But I bet the Su is a
kick in the ass to fly!

R / John

Old January 4th 04, 03:22 PM
Alejandro Magno

Scott Ferrin wrote
You're not violating any policies per say (I'm not even sure there are
any except basic courtesy) but when one rambles on about the supposed
superiority of a country, airplane, whatever with the express intent
of ****ing people off it doesn't go over real well and it's not long
before people stop taking you seriously and see you as nothing more
than an annoyance. If you think the Su-37 is superior to the F-22
then great. Tell us why and if it's just your opinion or actually
based on facts. The fact that you started off with a video of an F-22
prototype crashing while the Flanker does a couple flips suggests all
you wanted to do is slam the F-22. That being the case there are
people here that would be more than happy to slam you right back but
in the end you'll simply be ignored. If you feel like the US is
overrated then fine. You're entitled to your own opinion.

Thanks for the advice. I am new in these newsgroups.

Magno
Old January 4th 04, 11:36 PM
Alejandro Magno

"John Carrier" wrote in message ...
Commets ?

Hardly a fair comparison ... Su product demo versus YF flight mishap.

Maneuverability is not the panacea it might appear. 180 degree heading
reversals in a phone booth certainly impress, but the aircraft is an
inviting target while performing them. It might be interesting to see a
1v1, guns only engagement between the two aircraft, but it'd be irrelevant.

Other aerodynamic factors ... speed, range, run-out capability, endurance
... are more significant. Tactics (how you employ the aircraft) are
important. And the final argument is weapons system performance.

There are numerous examples of less-maneuverable aircraft gaining
superiority over their better turning adversaries. But I bet the Su is a
kick in the ass to fly!

R / John

References of Su-37:

Feredarion of American Scientists
http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/ac/row/su-37.htm

USNews:
http://www.usnews.com/usnews/politic...perflanker.htm

Sukhoi's Chief Designer
http://tomcat.fnet.cz/su37_popis.htm

Global Security
http://www.globalsecurity.org/milita...ssia/su-37.htm

A plane lover:
http://www.geocities.com/fighterplanelover/su37.html

Magno

acro videos Kirill Barsukov Aerobatics 3 October 13th 04 01:45 AM
Neww FAA handbook and DVD videos are hereg7a6w Pilot Pubs Aviation Marketplace 0 March 6th 04 01:02 AM
Neww FAA handbook and DVD videos are herehI0ggY Pilot Pubs Aviation Marketplace 0 February 22nd 04 02:24 AM
New Aviation Videos and a Rogue's Gallery Update! Jay Honeck Home Built 3 December 28th 03 05:49 AM
'Fightin' Eagles' set to train on F/A-22 Raptor jets Otis Willie Military Aviation 0 October 26th 03 11:10 PM