Look at the dew point

Old July 4th 06, 05:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Ross[_1_]

Default Look at the dew point

KGYI 041545Z AUTO 27003KT 10SM SCT110 29/21 A3007 RMK AO2 LTG DSNT W

This is north TX. Anyone want to go flying and it is only 10:30AM.

Happy 4th.
--
Regards,

Ross
C-172F 180 hp
KSWI
Old July 4th 06, 06:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
wolfgang k.

some mo
kuala lumpur
SAWMKK 041700Z 13006KT 9999 FEW030 BKN270 28/24 Q1009 NOSIG=
SITIAWAN SAWMBA 041700Z 00000KT 9999 FEW032 SCT140 BKN280 27/25 Q1010=
and at my homebase vienna, austriaSALOWW 041650Z 17009KT 9999 FEW050 24/13
Q1021 NOSIG=regards wolfgang who some long time ago spent some time at MSU
in wichita falls ;-)

Old July 4th 06, 06:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Peter Duniho

"Ross" wrote in message
KGYI 041545Z AUTO 27003KT 10SM SCT110 29/21 A3007 RMK AO2 LTG DSNT W

This is north TX. Anyone want to go flying and it is only 10:30AM.

What am I looking at? Dewpoint of 21C? So what? That's only a relative
humidity of about 60%. Houston, New Orleans, Miami, Orlando, Springfield,
MO, Little Rock, AR, and Washington, DC (just to pick some random well-known
cities east of the Rockies) all have dewpoints at or above 21C this morning.

What's the big deal?

Old July 4th 06, 07:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
A Lieberman

On Tue, 4 Jul 2006 10:39:13 -0700, Peter Duniho wrote:

"Ross" wrote in message
KGYI 041545Z AUTO 27003KT 10SM SCT110 29/21 A3007 RMK AO2 LTG DSNT W

This is north TX. Anyone want to go flying and it is only 10:30AM.

What am I looking at? Dewpoint of 21C? So what? That's only a relative
humidity of about 60%. Houston, New Orleans, Miami, Orlando, Springfield,
MO, Little Rock, AR, and Washington, DC (just to pick some random well-known
cities east of the Rockies) all have dewpoints at or above 21C this morning.

What's the big deal?

The big deal is that the dew point doesn't match the temperature.
Unusually dry air for this early in the morning this time of the year.

You don't sweat as much during preflight :-)

Allen
Old July 4th 06, 07:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Ross[_1_]

Peter Duniho wrote:

"Ross" wrote in message

KGYI 041545Z AUTO 27003KT 10SM SCT110 29/21 A3007 RMK AO2 LTG DSNT W

This is north TX. Anyone want to go flying and it is only 10:30AM.

What am I looking at? Dewpoint of 21C? So what? That's only a relative
humidity of about 60%. Houston, New Orleans, Miami, Orlando, Springfield,
MO, Little Rock, AR, and Washington, DC (just to pick some random well-known
cities east of the Rockies) all have dewpoints at or above 21C this morning.

What's the big deal?

It is muggy as H***. I was just making an observation. I go to NW
Arkansas and in the hills up there it is bad also. I just got in from
mowing the lawn and the heat was repressive and I thought I don't even
think I would like to take my Cessna out today. That's all.

--
Regards,

Ross
C-172F 180 hp
KSWI
Old July 4th 06, 07:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Montblack[_1_]

("Ross" wrote)
It is muggy as H***. I was just making an observation. I go to NW Arkansas
and in the hills up there it is bad also. I just got in from mowing the
lawn and the heat was repressive and I thought I don't even think I would
like to take my Cessna out today. That's all.

PERFECT Fourth of July weather in the Twin Cities today.

72°
Dewpoint 54
50% humidity
Winds - 10mph
Mostly sunny

Grilling out later ...beer bottles are in the freezer.

Montblack
Heading out for my 3 mile walk. Too nice to be indoors today, I might just
keep going ...and do 6 miles! OSH prep. g

Old July 4th 06, 07:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck

Grilling out later ...beer bottles are in the freezer.

Montblack

What? And you didn't invite us?

:-)

(It's perfect weather here, too. Gonna drag the camper up to the lake
later on today...)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old July 4th 06, 08:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dave Stadt

"Ross" wrote in message
Peter Duniho wrote:

"Ross" wrote in message

[...]

It is summer, don't know what you expect. Every time I have been in the
south in the summer, which was frequently, it was akin to what lobsters go
through the last seconds of their lives.

Old July 4th 06, 10:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Peter Duniho

"A Lieberman" wrote in message
.. .
The big deal is that the dew point doesn't match the temperature.
Unusually dry air for this early in the morning this time of the year.

Well, according to the original poster, you are incorrect.

Old July 4th 06, 10:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Peter Duniho

"Ross" wrote in message
It is muggy as H***. I was just making an observation.

Um, okay. I don't see anything out of the ordinary, or even worth posting
about. But at least I now understand what it was you thought was worth
pointing out.

Still, I hope everyone else doesn't decide to start posting daily weather
reports of their ordinary weather.

Crouch Strap story Ed Byars Soaring 43 September 23rd 13 05:43 PM
Adding a lifting point. [email protected] Home Built 1 March 8th 05 03:05 PM
A Question For Real Airline Pilots Blue Simulators 34 September 6th 04 01:55 AM
Altitude loss for 5h Duration Flight nyffeler Soaring 9 August 28th 04 11:12 AM
flight training - 100nm night flight requirement Jonathan Piloting 36 May 11th 04 07:34 PM