Insane Legal System - was SR22 Crash

Old March 3rd 07, 01:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Denny

Default Insane Legal System - was SR22 Crash

I see where the widow of Cory Lidel has filed a suit against Cirrus
claiming defective design...
Maybe she can sue his parents for having had a stupid child...
\We absolutely need a 'loser pays' law in this country...

denny

Old March 3rd 07, 01:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Matt Whiting

Denny wrote:

I see where the widow of Cory Lidel has filed a suit against Cirrus
claiming defective design...
Maybe she can sue his parents for having had a stupid child...
\We absolutely need a 'loser pays' law in this country...

I agree. This certainly appears to be a stupic suit, at least on the
surface. Has the NTSB yet released their final report? It seems little
early yet, but that should make a case pretty hard to prosecute if it
finds no mechanical contribution to the crash.

Matt
Old March 3rd 07, 02:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Kyle Boatright

"Matt Whiting" wrote in message
Denny wrote:

I see where the widow of Cory Lidel has filed a suit against Cirrus
claiming defective design...
Maybe she can sue his parents for having had a stupid child...
\We absolutely need a 'loser pays' law in this country...

I agree. This certainly appears to be a stupic suit, at least on the
surface. Has the NTSB yet released their final report? It seems little
early yet, but that should make a case pretty hard to prosecute if it
finds no mechanical contribution to the crash.

Matt

I didn't think they allowed NTSB reports as evidence.

KB

Old March 3rd 07, 02:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Denny writes:

I see where the widow of Cory Lidel has filed a suit against Cirrus
claiming defective design...

And you can all expect to pay her in the form of higher insurance rates, even
if she loses. Or some companies may simply stop building small aircraft.

Old March 3rd 07, 02:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Viperdoc

It doesn't matter whether it makes sense or not. The lawyers for Cirrus will
settle rather than enter into a protracted and even more expensive court
case.

The lawyers for Cory Lidle will win.

Old March 3rd 07, 02:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck

I see where the widow of Cory Lidel has filed a suit against Cirrus
claiming defective design...
Maybe she can sue his parents for having had a stupid child...
\We absolutely need a 'loser pays' law in this country...

I don't blame the grieving widow. She's lashing out at anyone and
anything she can, in her anger and despair.

I DO despise the attorneys who encourage this type of action, knowing
full well that it's bogus, frivolous, and harmful to our society.
They are the worst sort of scum.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old March 3rd 07, 03:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Blueskies

:
: I don't blame the grieving widow. She's lashing out at anyone and
: anything she can, in her anger and despair.
:
: I DO despise the attorneys who encourage this type of action, knowing
: full well that it's bogus, frivolous, and harmful to our society.
: They are the worst sort of scum.
: --
: Jay Honeck
: Iowa City, IA
: Pathfinder N56993
: www.AlexisParkInn.com
: "Your Aviation Destination"
:

And then we vote them in to office?!?!?

Old March 3rd 07, 03:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bob Fry

Default Insane Legal System redirected to r.a.misc

"JH" == Jay Honeck writes:

JH I don't blame the grieving widow. She's lashing out at anyone
JH and anything she can, in her anger and despair.

Not necessarily. She may be compelled to sue by her insurer, that is,
to collect the insurance she has to participate in a lawsuit. Are
there any legal beagle types reading this thread that can enlighten
us?

Followups redirected to r.a.misc.
--
"Microsoft is not the answer. Microsoft is the question. NO is the
answer." - Erik Naggum
Old March 3rd 07, 03:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bear

Denny wrote:
I see where the widow of Cory Lidel has filed a suit against Cirrus
claiming defective design...
Maybe she can sue his parents for having had a stupid child...
\We absolutely need a 'loser pays' law in this country...

denny

Well, that confirms the impression we have in Switzerland of (some) US
attorneys.
Please do not blame a company like FLARM if they add statements like
"Operation of FLARM is forbidden in the USA or Canada or in aircraft
registered in the USA or Canada." to their manuals.

Bear
Old March 3rd 07, 03:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim B

How ridiculous. Should the airplane have known that there was a building in
it's path, recognized the wind speed, required bank angle, airspeed,
altitude to avoid said building then alerted the pilot or kicked in the
autopilot? Or should the airplane should have been built so it's occupants
would survive any crash? WTF? How can the design of the airplane be at
fault?

You are right. They are the worst of the scum. They use the grief and
vulnerability of the victims survivors to line their own pockets knowing
that the manufacturers would rather settle than fight the case and suffer
the publicity.

Did anybody see the interview of the lawyer representing Anna Nicole Smith's
mother and how he bilked Dow Corning on the breast implant deal? He made
millions, Dow Corning went broke, then the FDA said that the implants were
indeed safe after all. Scum.
Jim

SR22 crash involved racecar driver Darkwing Piloting 24 November 4th 06 02:04 AM
insane IMC Napoleon Dynamite Piloting 20 August 4th 06 05:32 PM
SR22 crash in Henderson Executive [email protected] Piloting 2 July 27th 05 02:30 AM
Bill Gates as he presents the Windows Media Player system crash [email protected] Piloting 0 January 11th 05 09:06 PM
The insane spitfire video clip gatt General Aviation 30 November 4th 03 06:43 PM