Sinha FCS Deturbulator update

Old October 22nd 03, 03:06 PM
John Galloway

Anyone got copies of Mr Sinha's papers or a website
where they are posted? I can't find anything on Google
and the details on the Aerox site are vague.

John Galloway

Old October 22nd 03, 04:48 PM
Kirk Stant

Andrew Warbrick wrote in message ...

If that were the case, the FAI should ban it from international
competitions and world record claims.

Paranoia rears it's ugly head! Yep, those damn Yankees are going to
screw with the rest of the world again!

And anyway, why should it be banned? Especially in Open class? Aren't
records all about new technology, techniques, and locations?

Anyway, this is hardly a militarily significant invention, especially
if it is "delicate"!

Another 103+ cloudless day out here in Phoenix, hoping it will cool
down so we can do some decent soaring this weekend...

BTW, if any of you are in the Phoenix area Saturday, stop by Turf
Soaring and join us at the ASA's Octoberfest - lots of Brats (the kind
you eat) and Beers (the kind you drink). The worse the lift, the
earlier the keg gets tapped.

Kirk
66

Old October 22nd 03, 05:36 PM
tango4

Try a patent search on the IBM Delphion patent site

http://www.delphion.com

Ian

"John Galloway" wrote in
message ...

Old October 22nd 03, 09:47 PM
Martin Gregorie

I wonder if there are any similarities between Dr Sinha's invention
and this:

http://www.winggrid.ch/ICAS_GROV.pdf

--
martin@ : Martin Gregorie
gregorie : Harlow, UK

Old October 22nd 03, 10:43 PM
Ray Lovinggood

Hmm, is this why we sand wings at 45 degree angle
to the leading edge?

Ray Lovinggood
Carrboro, North Carolina

Old October 23rd 03, 01:22 PM
Martin Gregorie

On Thu, 23 Oct 2003 07:24:33 +1000, Mike Borgelt
wrote:

On 22 Oct 2003 08:48:57 -0700, (Kirk Stant)
wrote:

[...]

My news server didn't pick up Andrew Warbrick's post.

But why ban any performance improvement? Even in Standard Class. We
didn't ban the LS4 with its new wing section even though it made all
the older ships obsolete.

Or was there some other reason for the proposed ban?

His point was that apparently there's military money in the
development and so they might stop it being exported. In that case it
would be an unfair advantage because it would not be available to
anybody to buy.

Having glanced through the patent I think its an interesting idea, but
quite possibly too fragile to be practical on a glider. The outer
membrane is 6 micron plastic (mylar?) and that's almost too fragile
for outdoor use on a lightweight model.

--
martin@ : Martin Gregorie
gregorie : Harlow, UK

Old October 23rd 03, 01:44 PM
Andrew Warbrick

At 21:18 22 October 2003, Mike Borgelt wrote:
On 22 Oct 2003 08:48:57 -0700,
(Kirk Stant)
wrote:

Andrew Warbrick wrote in message news:...

[...]

Mike Borgelt

I suggested that if it was restricted from export outside
the states it should be banned (and only for world
records and the wgc). After all, Rolladen Schneider
would sell an LS4 to anyone, even the Yanks.

This sort of performance increasing device is legal
in all classes except World class, you even get blown
wing turbulation in the standard class.

Old October 23rd 03, 05:55 PM
Robert Ehrlich

Andrew Warbrick wrote:
... After all, Rolladen Schneider
would sell an LS4 to anyone, even the Yanks.

No more true since DG-Flugzeugbau has taken over LS and
has announced they are not going to continue the production
of the LS4.