Pilots under the weather

Old March 1st 07, 12:32 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
john smith

Default Pilots under the weather

Let's see...
Blanche is in Colorado. TWC reported one ski resort weather report as
"pounding snow".
Montblack is in Minneapolis. The forecast there is for 10-17 inches of
new snow over the next three days, and the wind is blowing pretty good,
too.
Jay Honneck is on the edge of a system between forecast Blizzard and
Winter Storm warnings.
Jim Burns is on the other side of the same storm looking at freezing
rain and ice.
Have fun guys!
I will be getting heavy rain and thunderstorms throughout the day
Thursday.

Old March 1st 07, 02:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Burns

No new snow here yet, but the winds have picked up, gusting to around 20 and
redrifting the roads, some of which had just gotten plowed out yesterday.
Time to start again. We're forecasted to get "thunder snow" tonight and
tomorrow and they've raised our 2 day expected new snow total to 12-14", on
top of the 18" from last weekend. I actually backed into my driveway
tonight so I don't have to try to turn around in the morning. Wish me luck.

Take a look at the airmet/sigmet map on the NOAA ADDS page. What a mess.

Jim

Old March 1st 07, 04:22 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Longworth[_1_]

In February, it was at least 5 hours of snow shovelling and ice
axing for every hour of flying for us. When the Going Gets Tough, the
Tough Get Going. This weekend, we will be off to the Bahamas for a
much needed scuba diving vacation. All my friends ask me whether we
are flying there. With AA tickets from NY to Nassau at less than
$200, we would be a fool to battle snow, thunderstorms, hails, ice
rain etc in our little 'tin can' ;-)

Hai Longworth

Old March 1st 07, 03:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
comanche driver

have to do it to you all...

87 degrees, winds var at 4 sunny skys.....
since i have to go the airport to pay the hanger rent guess I will have to
take the RV-4 out for spin.....

sorry guys, sometimes it just sucks living in southwest florida......

R. Burns

Old March 1st 07, 04:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Peter R.

On 3/1/2007 10:38:55 AM, "comanche driver" wrote:

sorry guys, sometimes it just sucks living in southwest florida......

You have big insects down there. No thanks.

--
Peter
Old March 1st 07, 05:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck

Jay Honneck is on the edge of a system between forecast Blizzard and
Winter Storm warnings.

Freezing rain here, again. Kids are off school, too, dang it.

I had hoped to fly them over to Rantoul, IL, to visit the museum at
the old Chanute AFB. Instead, we're going to drive to Cedar Rapids
to buy some beds for the hotel.

Whoopee!

90,000 homes still without power here from the LAST storm.

:-(
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old March 2nd 07, 12:06 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Burns

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
we're going to drive to Cedar Rapids
to buy some beds for the hotel.

Buy one for me.
I've been up since 2am out in this blizzard. It's solid IFR, right down to
the ground. Solid white-out with 20-30mph winds, snow, sleet, freezing
rain, it even hailed or pelted us with ice pellets for awhile. If you're
not following a snow plow, you're not moving. Plows on pickups do not
count.
Jim

Old March 2nd 07, 03:41 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck

we're going to drive to Cedar Rapids
to buy some beds for the hotel.

Buy one for me.

Bought six, and a bunch of other stuff. Found a great burger place in
CR, too -- we'll take you there next time you and Tami make it to
town.

I've been up since 2am out in this blizzard.

That sucks. We've got blizzard conditions here now -- white out, with
50 mph gusts -- but I don't think we'll get more than 4 inches of snow
out of it. Luckily, it was warm here, with a hard, cold rain most of
the day, or we'd be in the same boat you're in...
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old March 2nd 07, 07:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Marco Leon

"Peter R." wrote in message
On 3/1/2007 10:38:55 AM, "comanche driver" wrote:

sorry guys, sometimes it just sucks living in southwest florida......

You have big insects down there. No thanks.

Biggest damn spiders I've ever seen. Don't forget that little weather system
called "a hurricane" that tends to bend aluminium from time to time.

Marco