Charlie Spratt

Old April 10th 09, 02:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Karl Striedieck

Default Charlie Spratt

With his family at his side, Charlie Spratt died at 7:30 this morning
(Friday).

A memorial celebration for The Gate will be held May 9 (Saturday) at
Cordele, Ga., time and place to be announced.

We were so lucky to have him among us.

Karl Striedieck

Old April 10th 09, 03:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

I count myself lucky to have been able to learn from him as a kid, at
numerous start/finish gates, and as an adult who was flying in
contests that he CDed, and there was no one better at dealing with
both groups. He will be greatly missed by all.

Standby... Mark ... Good Finish Charlie Spratt

Dirk
Asw-20 "E"
Old April 10th 09, 04:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Karl,

This seemed to happen a bit quicker than expected. Is there any way
to know if he was able to read my email from a couple days ago?

Matt Michael
Old April 10th 09, 07:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
soarbooks

On Apr 10, 9:50*am, "Karl Striedieck" wrote:
With his family at his side, Charlie Spratt died at 7:30 this morning
(Friday).

A memorial celebration for The Gate will be held May 9 (Saturday) at
Cordele, Ga., time and place to be announced.

We were so lucky to have him among us.

Karl Striedieck

Thank You, Charlie Spratt, for teaching this Minnesota-born yankee the
true qualities of a Southern Gentleman.
Bob Wander
Minneapolis MN USA
April 10 2009
-End
Old April 10th 09, 07:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected][_2_]

On Apr 10, 6:50*am, "Karl Striedieck" wrote:
With his family at his side, Charlie Spratt died at 7:30 this morning
(Friday).

A memorial celebration for The Gate will be held May 9 (Saturday) at
Cordele, Ga., time and place to be announced.

We were so lucky to have him among us.

Karl Striedieck

Sad news..

I never met Charlie but Paul Cordel posted this on Gliderforum.com a
picture of Charlie back in happier times.
I am sure for those that knew him will this will bring back some good
memories.

http://www.gliderforum.com/photos/sh...&currentpos=30

Cheers

Al
Old April 10th 09, 09:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Frank[_1_]

On Apr 10, 9:50*am, "Karl Striedieck" wrote:
With his family at his side, Charlie Spratt died at 7:30 this morning
(Friday).

A memorial celebration for The Gate will be held May 9 (Saturday) at
Cordele, Ga., time and place to be announced.

We were so lucky to have him among us.

Karl Striedieck

Glider race CD
hero to pilots and kids
Charlie at the Gate

TA
Old April 10th 09, 09:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Papa3

On Apr 10, 9:50*am, "Karl Striedieck" wrote:
With his family at his side, Charlie Spratt died at 7:30 this morning
(Friday).

A memorial celebration for The Gate will be held May 9 (Saturday) at
Cordele, Ga., time and place to be announced.

We were so lucky to have him among us.

Karl Striedieck

My lovely wife and crew responded as follows when I forwarded her the
news this morning:

Some people you don’t see so often, but still you like to think
they’re out there roaming around in the world and generally classing
the place up a bit. Knew this was coming, but still very sad.

P3
Old April 10th 09, 10:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Charlie lived his life as many of us say we'd like to but never
actually do: he put what he loved ahead of what he had to do to afford
it. Besides the gift of sharing his life with us, Charlie gave us two
other things: i) he showed us how to live, and ii) he gave us a chance
to say goodbye.

There's never enough time. Use it wisely.

JB

Old April 10th 09, 11:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Apr 10, 9:50*am, "Karl Striedieck" wrote:
With his family at his side, Charlie Spratt died at 7:30 this morning
(Friday).

A memorial celebration for The Gate will be held May 9 (Saturday) at
Cordele, Ga., time and place to be announced.

We were so lucky to have him among us.

Karl Striedieck

Few have ever done so much with so little.
Rarely does one have as many friends as Charlie did.
I has been an honor to fly and serve wuth Charlie and to be able to
call him my friend.
Sadly, yet with a smile.
See you at the next airport Charlie.
UH
Old April 11th 09, 02:17 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Apr 10, 2:57*pm, wrote:
On Apr 10, 6:50*am, "Karl Striedieck" wrote:

With his family at his side, Charlie Spratt died at 7:30 this morning
(Friday).

A memorial celebration for The Gate will be held May 9 (Saturday) at
Cordele, Ga., time and place to be announced.

We were so lucky to have him among us.

Karl Striedieck

Sad news..

I never met Charlie but Paul Cordel posted this on Gliderforum.com a
picture of Charlie back in happier times.
I am sure for those that knew him will this will bring back some good
memories.

http://www.gliderforum.com/photos/sh...umid=5¤tpos=30

Here are some more photos of Charlie at Chester in the late 70's/early
80's

http://www.gfbyars.com/photos/spratt1.jpg
http://www.gfbyars.com/photos/spratt2.jpg

This one was October 1988:
http://www.gfbyars.com/photos/spratt3.jpg

Charlie Spratt: Let Him Know Chip Bearden Soaring 1 April 7th 09 04:56 PM
Charlie Spratt [email protected] Soaring 5 March 19th 09 01:56 PM
Charlie Spratt says hi ! [email protected] Soaring 3 February 16th 07 12:41 AM
Charlie Spratt Ed Byars Soaring 6 December 14th 05 06:21 PM
e-mail for Charlie Spratt? Paul Remde Soaring 0 March 12th 05 09:58 PM