A Beautiful Easter Flight

Old March 28th 05, 09:55 PM
Jose

Interestingly, (or sadly?) the Mustang and Reno suites are
smoking-permitted suites

The only "Smoking permitted" suites should be a maintanance-themed one -
with drums half full of gasoline lying around.

Jose
--
Get high on gasoline: fly an airplane.
Old March 28th 05, 10:00 PM
Grumman-581

Jose wrote:
The only "Smoking permitted" suites should be a maintanance-themed

one -
with drums half full of gasoline lying around.

Nawh, that might affect the neighboring suites... Put a high
concentration of freon in the smokers' rooms... Harmless for the most
part -- until they inhale it through the burning embers of the weed
that they're smoking...

Phosgene gas...

Old March 28th 05, 10:34 PM
Montblack

("Jack Allison" wrote)
BTW, nice looking article on your stomping grounds in Air and Space.
Haven't read it yet. So many plane magazines, so little time.

I'll try to track it down at the volunteer meeting Wednesday evening.
Otherwise I'll look for it at the library. Heard it was in the pipeline, but
had forgotten about it. Thanks for the heads up.

Montblack

Old March 28th 05, 10:50 PM
Frank

Jay Honeck wrote:

snip

I don't know about you guys, but I simply can't imagine a better way to
spend Easter Sunday. Can you?

Yeah, the Badgers could have won.... Had the game on the ADF. Cable (3CU) to
Waukesha (UES) at 5500, if they'd have gone into overtime like everyone
else I would have had to circle the field for a while. As it was we landed
15 minutes after the game ended.

--
Frank....H
Old March 28th 05, 11:11 PM
Gig 601XL Builder

Don't forget to throw in a homebuilt suite. It could be filled with those
Extra parts that we couldn't find a place for on the plane.

Gig

"Jim Burns" wrote in message
I "think" there are plenty of suites yet "un-aviation themed" that maybe a
suite for each GA manufacturer could be created?! (ducking)
Jim

"Montblack" wrote in message
("Jay Honeck" wrote)
Cool! We've talked about doing a "Rockwell-Collins Suite", both

because
they are so close by to us and because of their amazing history of
aviation innovation. I'm sure we could snag a ton of memorabilia for

the
suite without lifting a finger.

I know I'm currently banned from the suggestion box, but...is there a GA
Suite in the works? Kind of a catch all? I think that would be cool :-)

BTW, how many rooms are left to upgrade?

Which Suite is the "wow" favorite these days?

Montblack

Old March 29th 05, 03:14 AM
Bob Fry

"Jay Honeck" writes:

When you hear "The Mustang Suite" most people immediately associate the
name with a feeling, and an era.

I associate it with Nevada, and an activity legal in that state that
ain't in Iowa.
Old March 29th 05, 04:19 AM
George Patterson

Jay Honeck wrote:

Even though recent
reports put smoking at somewhere around 30% of the adult population, I
think it's closer to 50%, especially if you factor in the "social
smokers" -- those who only smoke when they drink.

I think you will find this to be regional. Nowhere close to 50% of the people
around here smoke. Smoking is much, much more evident when I go back South.

George Patterson
Whosoever bloweth not his own horn, the same shall remain unblown.
Old March 29th 05, 02:41 PM
Jay Honeck

BTW, nice looking article on your stomping grounds in Air and Space.
Haven't read it yet. So many plane magazines, so little time.

I'll try to track it down at the volunteer meeting Wednesday evening.
Otherwise I'll look for it at the library. Heard it was in the pipeline,
but had forgotten about it. Thanks for the heads up.

It's a good article, in a great magazine. Smithsonian Air & Space is, IMHO,
one of the best out there.

Makes me want to fly back to Anoka in May, for the annual shin-dig!
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old March 29th 05, 02:42 PM
Jay Honeck

As many time as I have exercised this "privilege" , I never tire of
the ground falling away under me ...

Beautiful, man. In the face of three (THREE!) fatal accidents in the last
48 hours -- all within 60 miles of Iowa City -- I needed that.

Thanks!
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA