The Apology

Old October 20th 20, 05:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
joel!!!!@yahoo,com

Default The Apology

On Monday, October 19, 2020 at 5:29:29 PM UTC-7, 2G wrote:
On Monday, October 19, 2020 at 5:21:25 PM UTC-7, Jim N wrote:
Try this:

http://ourdigitalmags.com/publicatio...&i=667760&p=16

If anyone finds this old ad offensive they must be having a really hard time coping with day to day "stuff"

Jim

That ad actually reflects reality. I have had many a conversation answering the question posed in the ad, mostly to other guys. Somebody's gain is turned up WAY TOO HIGH!

Tom

Tongue firmly planted in cheek " could this not be another QAnon theory? Yes "He" has turned the country on its head.
Old October 20th 20, 06:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charles Petersen[_2_]

On Tuesday, 20 October 2020 12:25:47 UTC-4, joel!!!!@yahoo,com wrote:
On Monday, October 19, 2020 at 5:29:29 PM UTC-7, 2G wrote:
On Monday, October 19, 2020 at 5:21:25 PM UTC-7, Jim N wrote:
Try this:

http://ourdigitalmags.com/publicatio...&i=667760&p=16

If anyone finds this old ad offensive they must be having a really hard time coping with day to day "stuff"

Jim

That ad actually reflects reality. I have had many a conversation answering the question posed in the ad, mostly to other guys. Somebody's gain is turned up WAY TOO HIGH!

Tom

Tongue firmly planted in cheek " could this not be another QAnon theory? Yes "He" has turned the country on its head.

There's gonna be whiplash when this political correctness finally swings the other way.
Old October 20th 20, 07:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Monday, October 19, 2020 at 9:28:34 PM UTC-4, wrote:
In my 47 years of soaring flight, (28 years in hang gliding, 20 in sailplanes) I have received thousands of queries about the advisability/possibility/safety etc. of flying without an engine. Most of the questions were asked by men, but a significant number were asked by women. Invariably the questioner was someone who simply had no knowledge of the sport at all, and were under the assumption that an aircraft simply could not fly without propulsion.

Often, a few minutes of explanation about flight dynamics and the ability to recognize energy sources in the atmosphere would educate the interested party sufficiently. Some actually were intrigued enough to pursue the concept to the point of taking a ride, taking lessons and even getting a license. A few continued to the point of adding ratings and I am proud to say that at several dozen of the initial questions resulted in military or commercial careers.

If simply answering an innocent question about a topic about which you have knowledge is somehow insulting, due to an insecure and suspicious attitude that the person asking feels inferior, then I suggest that anybody with any technical experience with anything from particle physics to auto mechanics is going to be castigated by the allegedly offended party.

In my mind, I think that those who complained about the ad in Soaring owe an apology to the person they first asked for information about flying sailplanes. And their Instructors, mentors, tow pilots and friends who ever gave them valuable advice.

Mark, you make a great point , the apology should be from these Feminazi organizers whose mission was only to create conflict. This Femitifa approach should not be tolerated, solution, defund the WSPA as part or association with the SSA. The term Femitifa is derived from the Antifa approach to creating conflict and empowering sexist views that server their own agenda.
Old October 20th 20, 07:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Guy Byars[_5_]

The term Femitifa is derived from the Antifa approach to creating conflict and empowering sexist views that server their own agenda.

When all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail.
Old October 20th 20, 08:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Tuesday, October 20, 2020 at 2:13:22 PM UTC-4, Guy Byars wrote:
The term Femitifa is derived from the Antifa approach to creating conflict and empowering sexist views that server their own agenda.

When all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail.

Sorry for the big fingers, it only serves their own agenda.
Old October 20th 20, 09:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tony[_7_]

On Tuesday, October 20, 2020 at 3:33:08 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On Tuesday, October 20, 2020 at 2:13:22 PM UTC-4, Guy Byars wrote:
The term Femitifa is derived from the Antifa approach to creating conflict and empowering sexist views that server their own agenda.

When all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail.

Sorry for the big fingers, it only serves their own agenda.

Actually I think the person wearing the helmet looks pretty butch in spite of the obvious use of cosmetics... Maybe that's what offends people!
Old October 20th 20, 10:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Here are the feedback letters concening this.

The 3rd and 4th had the patience to clearly explain the issue.

https://mydigitalpublication.com/pub...er&v er=html5

Basically instead of welcoming women, the ad brought back memories of days when women were supposed to be worshipping pilots instead of being pilots.

With hindsight, perhaps SSF could have run same picture with the lady having just piloted a glider 1000k, the guy astonished with the no engine thing, and the tag line talking about the love of flying?

Old October 20th 20, 10:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Tuesday, October 20, 2020 at 5:06:01 PM UTC-4, wrote:
Here are the feedback letters concening this.

The 3rd and 4th had the patience to clearly explain the issue.

https://mydigitalpublication.com/pub...er&v er=html5

Basically instead of welcoming women, the ad brought back memories of days when women were supposed to be worshipping pilots instead of being pilots.

With hindsight, perhaps SSF could have run same picture with the lady having just piloted a glider 1000k, the guy astonished with the no engine thing, and the tag line talking about the love of flying?

Stu, let me take a moment and ask each of these women the basic question, what have you done for soaring? They have certainly benefitted from the exposure to soaring and I will never judge their ability, only their judgement.
This topic really is disturbing, what these females have done is dig a big hole, I don't think they have a shovel big enough to dig their way out.
Old October 20th 20, 11:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
xcnick

Whatever the problem is I'm listening.

Back to reality of era, here is she is third from the left with Eleanor Roosevelt. Closest to the camera with USA on her sleeve is Ann Woods who just told Mrs. President: “In England, the ladies get equal pay as the men.” Look at Eleanor's smile. This first was two lifetimes ago, but it is still an issue in the USA.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/oFCcTozLaaAZURdVA
Old October 20th 20, 11:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

This topic really is disturbing, what these females have done is dig a big hole, I don't think they have a shovel big enough to dig their way out.

The complaint, which sadly required the explaination for this old guy see the harm in what seemed harmless, seems a valid, constructive suggestion for improvement. We definitely want more women pilots and being tone deaf in this area is not helping this end.

Your proposed question seems counterproductive.

Apology Bob Gardner Piloting 2 January 4th 05 06:51 PM
Apology Curtis Soaring 0 October 20th 04 03:44 PM
Apology Curtis Rotorcraft 0 October 20th 04 03:43 PM
Apology Curtis Restoration 0 October 20th 04 03:42 PM
Apology Curtis Products 0 October 20th 04 03:30 PM