Pilot's Political Orientation

Old June 22nd 04, 12:50 AM
Tom Sixkiller

"Peter Gottlieb" wrote in message
. net...

"Bill Denton" wrote in message
Let me correct an obvious misperception you seem to have: people get

killed
in prison, also!

Life without parole is not an absolute deterrent; the death penalty

is...

Why do you believe that I think people don't get killed in prison?

It's not that I'm against the death penalty, it's just that I am

frustrated
that it doesn't seem to work all that well as a deterrent.

How do you know it doesn't? Does it work for you. :~)

I say, step out of line whatsoever, and get the death penalty.

Everything.
Speeding, flying over gross, unsubstianted tax deductions, EVERYTHING.

And
no friggin appeals either. Screw these prisons wasting my tax dollars.
Can't or won't live with our laws? Death. Don't like the religion of the
president, elected by THE PEOPLE? Death. This should also help with this
terrible traffic situation we have around here.

Well, so much for serious discussion.

Old June 22nd 04, 02:04 AM
G.R. Patterson III

Tom Sixkiller wrote:

I think he's confusing "States" with "states".

Seems that way to me. I said it's defined by "the State", which is a pseudonym for
"the government." Seems he's added an "s" to "the State".

George Patterson
None of us is as dumb as all of us.
Old June 22nd 04, 03:30 AM
Steven P. McNicoll

"Peter Gottlieb" wrote in message
. net...

So is life without parole.

True life without parole still allows for escape and another offense. Not
so the death penalty.

Old June 22nd 04, 04:18 AM
Steven P. McNicoll

"Tom Sixkiller" wrote in message

It can be.

It can be? If murder is defined at the federal level and not at the state
level, wouldn't all murders have to be prosecuted at the federal level?

But you're confusing "States" (as in United...) with "states" (a
governmental jurisdiction").

Well, my mistake then. I wasn't aware the feds had exclusive jurisdiction
in murder cases.

Every heard the term "statism"?

Yup. I didn't know that it included murder though.

Old June 22nd 04, 05:41 AM
Steven P. McNicoll

"Larry Dighera" wrote in message

Can you cite an authoritative source for that notion?

Fetus: The unborn offspring from the end of the 8th week after conception
(when the major structures have formed) until birth. Up until the eighth
week, the developing offspring is called an embryo.

Webster's New World Medical Dictionary, 2nd edition (January, 2003)

Old June 22nd 04, 11:52 AM
Paul Sengupta

"Peter Gottlieb" wrote in message
news
That being said, the death penalty doesn't seem to be a very effective
deterrent anyhow.

It certainly cuts down on the number of re-offenders...

Paul

Old June 22nd 04, 01:41 PM
Tom Sixkiller

"Steven P. McNicoll" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Tom Sixkiller" wrote in message

It can be.

It can be? If murder is defined at the federal level and not at the state
level, wouldn't all murders have to be prosecuted at the federal level?

Yes...if that were the case, which it isn't.

But you're confusing "States" (as in United...) with "states" (a
governmental jurisdiction").

Well, my mistake then. I wasn't aware the feds had exclusive jurisdiction
in murder cases.

They don't...which is why the United STATES is compriased of the various
"states" (small 's').

Every heard the term "statism"?

Yup. I didn't know that it included murder though.

You don't know what the term "state" means, what the term "murder" means, or
what the legal definition of "human being" means either.

Old June 22nd 04, 01:42 PM
Tom Sixkiller

"Steven P. McNicoll" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Larry Dighera" wrote in message

Can you cite an authoritative source for that notion?

Fetus: The unborn offspring from the end of the 8th week after conception
(when the major structures have formed) until birth. Up until the eighth
week, the developing offspring is called an embryo.

Webster's New World Medical Dictionary, 2nd edition (January, 2003)

Now look up the terms in Blacks Law Dictionary.

Old June 22nd 04, 01:58 PM
Peter Gottlieb

"Paul Sengupta" wrote in message
"Peter Gottlieb" wrote in message
news
That being said, the death penalty doesn't seem to be a very effective
deterrent anyhow.

It certainly cuts down on the number of re-offenders...

Like suicide bombers in Israel, there seems to be no shortage of new
offenders.

Old June 22nd 04, 02:14 PM
Steven P. McNicoll

"Tom Sixkiller" wrote in message

Yes...if that were the case, which it isn't.

Well, which is it then? Is "murder" defined at the state level or not?

They don't...which is why the United STATES is compriased of the various
"states" (small 's').

How can small s states have jurisdiction over something they don't even
define?

You don't know what the term "state" means, what the term "murder" means,

or
what the legal definition of "human being" means either.

Can you provide the definitions?