Dennis Fetters Mini 500

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old June 18th 04, 01:12 AM
Dennis Fetters

Rich wrote:
Rotax Operators Manual, page 4-2 "Warning: This engine, by its design,
is subject to sudden stoppage".

Evidently, you didn't read that far.

A statement like you made is only meant to be slanderous and mean

Which statement?

All my statements are shown above. The first one is based on the 2nd.
The 2nd is straight out of the Rotax manual. And the third is
pointing out that maybe you didn't read the manual, for if you did,
you'd have realized the first.

Rich, it's how you made the statement. You did it in a way that
indicated I was negligent, and even though I was smart enough to design
and manufacture over 1700 aircraft in my career, I was not smart enough
to read the Rotax statement. Well Rich, I did read it. Better than
that, I understand it as most people do and was able to see beyond it
and accomplish designing a helicopter that can fly with it.
Rich, there is no need to be mean or insulting to people.

Everyone knows that Rotax puts that in every manual simply for
liability reasons because

Were you at the meeting with Rthe otax people when they were writing
the manual? Because if you weren't then you don't "know" this. I
personally belive what the manual says for two reasons. 1) It was
written by the people that made the engine, and 2) history has shown
that the rotax engines do in fact stop without warning.

As a matter of fact, I was involved a great deal with the Rotax
distributor and provided them a great deal of knowledge helping to make
that warning. Yes I did know before they wrote that warning and I agreed
with them. They are handicapped because there are hundreds of different
aircraft using their engines and all installed by the public. What a
nightmare!!

1. Correct, it was written by the attorneys of the people that made the
engine, and for good reason in this sue happy country.

2. The engines fail mostly due to improper installation and operation
from lack of the ability to control the public and insure proper
installation and operation.

And while any engine may in fact strop functioning at any time, the
reality is, a 2-stroke is much more likely to quit without much
warning then a 4-stroke.

Rich

Not so. If improperly installed a 4 stroke will fail too. By the way,
have you read the warnings in the Rotax manuals for the 4 strokes??
Sounds kind of familiar.

Dennis Fetters

Mini Fly-In Drachten (EHDR) 5-6-7 juni Zier en van de Steenoven Home Built 0 May 28th 04 01:14 AM
fetters or fetter's booster? Cy Galley Home Built 11 March 12th 04 10:46 PM
Mini Imp Randall Robertson Home Built 0 November 25th 03 12:17 AM
mini copter strikes again tim Home Built 4 November 21st 03 12:47 AM