Baby Bush will be Closing Airports in California to VFR Flight Again

Old March 5th 04, 11:06 PM
Dave Stadt

"Michael 182" wrote in message
news:8k12c.121722$4o.162208@attbi_s52...

"Larry Dighera" wrote in message

On Thu, 04 Mar 2004 15:25:26 GMT, "Michael 182"
wrote in Message-Id:
GTH1c.176379$jk2.642959@attbi_s53:

Last try, Larry - at least for me. I did not suggest President Bush as

an
individual is worthy of respect. I wrote, pretty clearly I believe,

that
the
Office of the President deserves respect and courtesy. It is as simple

and
obvious as standing when the Star Spangled Banner is played.

So you believe that the respect shown by German citizenry for the
brutal tyrant who seized control of Germany in the '30s was a
good-thing®? You'd have given him a respectful salute as his
motorcade passed? While lemmings must suffer the consequences of
their failure at independent thought, I'd expect an airman to respect
the TRUTH not dogma.

What is so hard about this? Why would you think I would salute Hitler? Are
you equating the Office of the President with the Chancellor of the Third
Reich? I never said every office deserves respect - I was, and am, pretty
specific. The Office of the President of the United States deserves

respect.
It is part of the traditions and institutions of our country. Within the
civil confines of that respect we get to work for and vote for a new

leader.
Seems like a pretty good system to me.

Michael

The only way a person gets respect is to earn it. It is not appointed,
demanded or institutionalized.

Old March 6th 04, 01:37 AM
CriticalMass

airbourne56 wrote:

"John T" wrote in message

True, which might make all of the presidential TFRs tolerable if he
was traveling on the business of the United States of America. The
trip, however, was primarily or solely for political fund raising
purposes. Given how intrusive it is when he travels, he should step up
and make the sacrifice of staying home unless he has to travel on real
business.

I see.

So, *any* President of the United States should "stay home" (where the
hell is that?) if the proposed travel doesn't meet *your* definition of
"real business"?

Or are we still trying to smear "Baby Bush", and haircuts on the LAX
tarmac are A-OK with us good-ole boys with our collective heads on straight?

Old March 6th 04, 01:39 AM
CriticalMass

Jay Honeck wrote:

Nah, only liberals stick with what they believed in their youth...

Ouch!

Old March 6th 04, 01:45 AM
CriticalMass

Jay Honeck wrote:

You seem to be under the mistaken impression that I regard the Republicans
as fiscally Conservative.

Perhaps they once were -- but they sure aren't anymore. Which is why we
desperately need a third party in this country.

A fiscally conservative political party, without all the religious baggage,
would win in every precinct.

I like the way you think, Jay.

Old March 6th 04, 01:53 AM
CriticalMass

Larry Dighera wrote:

So you believe that the respect shown by German citizenry for the
brutal tyrant who seized control of Germany in the '30s was a
good-thing®? You'd have given him a respectful salute as his
motorcade passed? While lemmings must suffer the consequences of
their failure at independent thought, I'd expect an airman to respect
the TRUTH not dogma.

Baby Bush LIED to the citizens he has sworn to serve to achieve his
(father's?) personal agenda, plunged the nation into debt so severe
that the dollar's value has plummeted to record lows against nearly
every other currency, lied about his preferential treatment while
joyriding in the Coast Guard, gutted the hard fought protections and
freedoms granted US citizens under the Constitution, and you want me
to afford this mendacious, redneck bumbler the respect of the office
of President of the United States?!

I'm sorry, but I'm not so inculcated as to betray my personal values,
and admire the Emperor's nonexistent new attire.

Here we go again...........Take your medicine, Larry.

Old March 6th 04, 03:06 AM
Jim Weir

Those are called Democrats with a brain, Jay. And yes, I am aware that we are a
vanishing breed...Harry S. was the last decent one in the Big House.

{;-)

Jim

CriticalMass

-

http://www.rst-engr.com
Old March 6th 04, 03:56 PM
Tom Sixkiller

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
Which is why we
desperately need a third party in this country.

We have a bunch of them; Libertarians (very fiscally conservative, and

they
got 1/20th the votes of the very UNFISCALLY CONSERVATIVE...), Green

party,
Perotista's, Buchannenits,

I'm talking a main-stream party.

If Americans were so inclined, I think there already would be a good third
party.

For some bizarre reason, known only to
them, 3rd Party Candidates all seem to be from the lunatic fringe.

(Who you callin' a lunatic?? :~o )

Right about now, I think we'd do good to have TWO parties...the Republicrats
and someone else.

WHY can't we get someone like Elizabeth Dole to run as a "Whig" (or

whatever
you want to call them), on a fiscally conservative, socially
middle-of-the-road platform?

Ol' Helmet Hair? What makes you think shes fiscally conservative?

Instead we get the Ross Perots and Ralph Naders of the world.

Well-meaning
fringe candidates without a hope or a clue.

Hey...Perot got, what, 12% of the vote? Nader got , what, 5 or 7%?

In case you haven't noticed, Jefferson and Madison are considered lunatic
fringe by large sectors of the populace, but Karl Marx isn't.

We won't get a fiscally conservative legislative or executive branches until
we have a fiscally conservative POPULACE. Just like government, average
people like to spend other peoples money.

Old March 6th 04, 03:58 PM
Tom Sixkiller

"John T" wrote in message
ws.com...
"Larry Dighera" wrote in message

By what authority are you able to make such a guarantee?

Experience.

The problem is with the bureaucrats below.

It always starts at the top.

No, it doesn't. The President does not, cannot and should not be involved
in all decisions.

Quite. It's called delegation of responsibility. He's a president, not a
ruler/king (even if he'd like to be).

Old March 6th 04, 04:16 PM
Tom Sixkiller

"G.R. Patterson III" wrote in message

Jay Honeck wrote:

Perhaps they once were -- but they sure aren't anymore. Which is why we
desperately need a third party in this country.

We've got about six, last time I counted. What we *need* is for people to

vote
for one of them that isn't Dem or Rep.

Like I said, what we need is a TWO party system.

Old March 6th 04, 04:23 PM
Tom Sixkiller

"CriticalMass" wrote in message
Jay Honeck wrote:

Nah, only liberals stick with what they believed in their youth...

Ouch!

A lot of people haven't quite gotten the notion of Santa Claus out of their
head.

Here's a few examples:
http://www.cato.org/pubs/policy_report/v23n4/boaz.pdf - "Our Magical
President" (yes, they're interviewing kids, but how many adults hold the
same notions?)

bush rules! Be Kind Military Aviation 53 February 14th 04 04:26 PM
God Honest Naval Aviation 2 July 24th 03 04:45 AM