A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » Soaring
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Custom maps for GlidePlan

Old December 28th 14, 04:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
2KA
external usenet poster

Default Custom maps for GlidePlan

Perhaps it is as good a time as any to announce that I can support the creation of at least a limited number of custom maps for GlidePlan. These are maps that are made from overlapping portions of more than one sectional chart. I have already done a few examples, which can be downloaded at http://www.soaringdata.info/aviation...Format/custom/

You can request the creation of a custom GlidePlan map using the "Questions and Comments" link on my website at http://www.soaringdata.info. Each request should include the following information:

1. A name for the custom map
2. The intended use (contest site, XC Camp, personal, etc.)
3. The approximate center point in decimal degrees.
4. The height and the width of the custom chart, in nautical miles. The total area should be limited to less than 200,000 sq. miles.

Once I have entered the above information into my system, the custom map will be available on my site and automatically updated each time a component chart changes. I currently have resources to support about 20-30 of these, so priority will be given to contest and camp sites. You should allow several weeks from the time the map is requested to when it becomes available, although I can sometimes do them quickly.

Happy Downloading!

Lynn Alley
"2KA"

Old December 28th 14, 06:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta
external usenet poster

Dude...!

Though I don't use GlidePlan, I think you're doing a terrific service to
the community!

On 12/28/2014 9:25 AM, 2KA wrote:
Perhaps it is as good a time as any to announce that I can support the creation of at least a limited number of custom maps for GlidePlan. These are maps that are made from overlapping portions of more than one sectional chart. I have already done a few examples, which can be downloaded at http://www.soaringdata.info/aviation...Format/custom/

You can request the creation of a custom GlidePlan map using the "Questions and Comments" link on my website at http://www.soaringdata.info. Each request should include the following information:

4. The height and the width of the custom chart, in nautical miles. The total area should be limited to less than 200,000 sq. miles.

Once I have entered the above information into my system, the custom map will be available on my site and automatically updated each time a component chart changes. I currently have resources to support about 20-30 of these, so priority will be given to contest and camp sites. You should allow several weeks from the time the map is requested to when it becomes available, although I can sometimes do them quickly.

Happy Downloading!

Lynn Alley
"2KA"

--
Dan Marotta

Old December 28th 14, 08:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andy Blackburn[_3_]
external usenet poster

On Sunday, December 28, 2014 8:25:14 AM UTC-8, 2KA wrote:

Happy Downloading!

Lynn Alley
"2KA"

This is an awesome service - thanks Lynn! We surely have some bright and talented people supporting our sport.

Please remember the "donate" link when downloading a map - this goes many times over if you are using a custom map.

9B