Favorite Aviation Films

Old April 17th 20, 07:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Favorite Aviation Films

Thanks for remembering The Blue Max!

Good films with good flying scenes - Murphy's War and It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World.
Old April 17th 20, 08:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

"Always"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upPHSDqj5x0
Old April 17th 20, 09:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

I had the privilege of getting to know Cliff Robertson a bit. He was chagrined by some of the technically inaccurate aviation stuff he had had to put up with - such as when throttles get pulled back to add power in "Always".

He was most proud of "J. W. Coop" - not an aviation film but decent. He produced it and flew his biplane for it - a Jungmann I think.

Borrowed it from Netflix years ago.
Old April 17th 20, 11:16 PM
Ventus_a Ventus_a is offline
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Gregorie[_6_] View Post
On Fri, 17 Apr 2020 11:02:14 -0700, Dan Daly wrote:

Battle of Britain.

Lost a bit of its shine for me seeing those yellow plastic Tornado props
on some the planes being shot tp pieces in the air.

Dam Busters.

Yeah, that was good.

So was "The Blue Max" - Derek Piggott was one of the stunt pilots in that.

--
Martin | martin at
Gregorie | gregorie dot org

Colin
Old April 17th 20, 11:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Martin Gregorie[_6_]

On Fri, 17 Apr 2020 10:45:57 -0700, sgs135c wrote:

Flight of the Phoenix was neat, especially as they actually built and
flew the aircraft - but a black spot is that Mantz was killed doing so.
The film wasn't worth that. Which reminds me, Scholl died doing shots
for Top Gun - jeezthis make-believe is dangerous!

I've seen the film and read the book. The book was better.

--
Martin | martin at
Gregorie | gregorie dot org

Old April 18th 20, 01:42 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

The Blue Max...Â* All of the airplanes built for that movie lived at a
grass strip between Dallas and Denton, TX.Â* I landed a Stearman there in
1985 and had a tour.Â* Really nice.

On 4/17/2020 12:16 PM, Martin Gregorie wrote:
On Fri, 17 Apr 2020 11:02:14 -0700, Dan Daly wrote:

Battle of Britain.

Lost a bit of its shine for me seeing those yellow plastic Tornado props
on some the planes being shot tp pieces in the air.

Dam Busters.

Yeah, that was good.

So was "The Blue Max" - Derek Piggott was one of the stunt pilots in that.

--
Dan, 5J
Old April 18th 20, 02:08 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mike C

On Friday, April 17, 2020 at 6:42:27 PM UTC-6, Dan Marotta wrote:
The Blue Max...Â* All of the airplanes built for that movie lived at a
grass strip between Dallas and Denton, TX.Â* I landed a Stearman there in
1985 and had a tour.Â* Really nice.

On 4/17/2020 12:16 PM, Martin Gregorie wrote:
On Fri, 17 Apr 2020 11:02:14 -0700, Dan Daly wrote:

Battle of Britain.

Lost a bit of its shine for me seeing those yellow plastic Tornado props
on some the planes being shot tp pieces in the air.

Dam Busters.

Yeah, that was good.

So was "The Blue Max" - Derek Piggott was one of the stunt pilots in that.

--
Dan, 5J

"Flight OF The Intruder".
Old April 18th 20, 02:35 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dennis Cavagnaro

If it includes Brazil b definition it’s R rated. I have to find that book.

DC
Old April 18th 20, 03:18 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Rakel

Hell's Angels 1930.
Stupid plot.
Fantastic flying by the first generation pilots.
Old April 18th 20, 01:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Capricorn One.
Telly Savalas’ character is hilarious.