Boeing 747 Simulator plans - help?

Old September 25th 04, 08:56 PM
Nippoo

Default Boeing 747 Simulator plans - help?

I'm planning on building a Boeing 747 simulator (a physical one which
you can get inside!). I've found these plans for the overhead panel:
http://www.glideslope.de/images/LH744_overhead.gif
but I can't find anything similar for the other panels.
Help!
Old September 25th 04, 09:16 PM
Rich S.

"Nippoo" wrote in message
om...
I'm planning on building a Boeing 747 simulator (a physical one which
you can get inside!). I've found these plans for the overhead panel:
http://www.glideslope.de/images/LH744_overhead.gif
but I can't find anything similar for the other panels.
Help!

Got to http://forums.simflight.com/viewforum.php?f=48 and do a search.

Rich S.

Old September 26th 04, 11:23 AM
Nippoo

"Rich S." wrote in message ...
"Nippoo" wrote in message
om...
I'm planning on building a Boeing 747 simulator (a physical one which
you can get inside!). I've found these plans for the overhead panel:
http://www.glideslope.de/images/LH744_overhead.gif
but I can't find anything similar for the other panels.
Help!

Got to http://forums.simflight.com/viewforum.php?f=48 and do a search.

Rich S.

I've searched, but to no avail. What should I search for? Keep in mind
that I am physically building one as opposed to a sofware panel.
Old September 26th 04, 12:44 PM
Will Cove

(Nippoo) wrote in news:906ddc4c.0409260223.2e873f00
@posting.google.com:

I've searched, but to no avail. What should I search for? Keep in mind
that I am physically building one as opposed to a sofware panel.

Airliners.net have photos of the real thing -- I don't know how far that
would go to meet your needs. For example:
http://www.airliners.net/open.file/122355/L/

They have better resolution photos that you need to be a member to access.

FWIW, a search on Google for "Boeing 747 flight deck" turned up several
other resources.

Also, MS Flight Simulator 2002 Pro has a model of the 747-400 that looks
pretty close to the Airliners.net photo and so may help further. You say
that you're not interested in building a software panel. However, an
existing, good software panel can help you identify bits and bobs and their
positioning.

HTH
Old September 26th 04, 05:11 PM
Rich S.

"Nippoo" wrote in message
om...

I've searched, but to no avail. What should I search for? Keep in mind
that I am physically building one as opposed to a sofware panel.

Okay - understand now. You are looking for dimensioned plans rather than
just images which could be copied. Can't help you there, I guess. I'll echo
the thought on MS Flight Sim 2002. If you have that program you can go to
sites such as http://www.fsdome.com/ and download freeware add-ons for many
different panel configurations of the 747. None of them will give you actual
dimensions, though.

Sorry,
Rich S.

Old September 26th 04, 05:48 PM
Will Cove

"Rich S." wrote in
:

Okay - understand now. You are looking for dimensioned plans rather
than just images which could be copied. Can't help you there, I guess.
I'll echo the thought on MS Flight Sim 2002. If you have that program
you can go to sites such as http://www.fsdome.com/ and download
freeware add-ons for many different panel configurations of the 747.
None of them will give you actual dimensions, though.

That said, the panel config files for MSFS2002 are just text files, and
they give the location of every instrument relative to a single point.
Thus, you can use an existing *accurate* software panel to give you the
position of every instrument that panel models.
Old September 27th 04, 09:35 PM
Nippoo

Will Cove wrote in message ...
[...]

Thanks. I have FS2004. Does that help? I am also interested in the
pedestal, etc... rather than just the front - which I can get from
that Airliners photo. Is there any way of getting a higher resolution
photo, but without having the hassle of registering? I mean, any
cockpit photo. Also, something like this
http://www.simpit.de/a320dim/page_01.htm would be great (but for the
Boeing, of course!)
Thanks for your replies. Any further help?
Nippoo
Old September 28th 04, 08:02 AM
Will Cove

(Nippoo) wrote in
om:

Thanks. I have FS2004. Does that help?

It will probably help because (AFAICT) it uses the same panel config method
as FS2002. I mentioned the Pro version of FS2002 because it has more models
than the standard version, and I suspect the 747-400 is one of the
"extras".

http://www.flightsim.com/ has several FS2004 747-400 panels, at least one
of which includes the overhead and pedestal. You have to register to access
the files, but it's free for basic registration, which gives you access to
those files. After registration, login and search "FS2004 panels". You may
also need to download the aircraft models relating to the panels.

HTH
Old September 29th 04, 05:19 PM
Nippoo

Right, I shall have a look around. Thanks all - any further
suggestions will be appreciated!