Why haven't rental rates come back down?

Old May 18th 09, 05:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
Ross

Default Why haven't rental rates come back down?

Martin Hotze wrote:
Kai Rode schrieb:
Club has a bonus program that actually lowers the prices for
members. Deposit at least $300 in your account, and get a 20%
bonus. This brings the cost of a 172 down to $79.00.

I *really* have to go to the US to do some serious flying soon.

I have no hope to be 'able' to come back for some years, money (at
*that* exchange rate!) is not that big of an issue ....
Too bad. I am still missing to stand at the rim of the Grand Canyon ... :-(

I'll be standing there in the third week of August. Plus several other
National Parks in Utah.

--

Regards, Ross
C-172F 180HP
Old May 18th 09, 07:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
Robert M. Gary

On May 12, 10:53*am, Dallas wrote:
On Mon, 11 May 2009 15:13:50 -0700 (PDT), Robert M. Gary wrote:
I think that many FBOs were just losing money during the fuel
increases and are now recouping.

I'm sure you are right, but that's a goofy way to run a business... * It
uses the assumption that the same number of rentals will occur at any
price.

If they were smart in business the first thing they would do is sell
the FBO.

-Robert

Old May 19th 09, 01:28 AM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
Zack Sten

Martin Hotze wrote:
Kai Rode schrieb:
Club has a bonus program that actually lowers the prices for
members. Deposit at least $300 in your account, and get a 20%
bonus. This brings the cost of a 172 down to $79.00.

I *really* have to go to the US to do some serious flying soon.

I have no hope to be 'able' to come back for some years, money (at
*that* exchange rate!) is not that big of an issue ....
Too bad. I am still missing to stand at the rim of the Grand Canyon ... :-(

I'll be standing at the rim of the Grand Canyon on June 18. Then up to
Zion and Bryce.
Zack Sten
Old May 19th 09, 01:35 AM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
Zack Sten

Robert M. Gary wrote:
On May 7, 4:24 pm, Dallas wrote:

So what is going on? Is there some invisible expense increase at FBOs
that's keeping their prices up or do they not understand the laws of price
and demand?

--
Dallas

I think that many FBOs were just losing money during the fuel
increases and are now recouping.

-Robert

The FBO at has been under new ownership for less than two years and is
currently in default with their mortgage company and the airport's
owners. Their rental planes have all been grounded since January. A year
ago there were five CFI's available; Today only one, and that poor guy
has to work behind the receptionist desk. Anyone interested in
purchasing a potentially viable facility located at a towered airfield
in Pennsylvania?

Zack Sten
Old May 19th 09, 05:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
Ross

Zack Sten wrote:
Martin Hotze wrote:
Kai Rode schrieb:
Club has a bonus program that actually lowers the prices for
members. Deposit at least $300 in your account, and get a 20%
bonus. This brings the cost of a 172 down to $79.00.

I *really* have to go to the US to do some serious flying soon.

I have no hope to be 'able' to come back for some years, money (at
*that* exchange rate!) is not that big of an issue ....
Too bad. I am still missing to stand at the rim of the Grand Canyon
... :-(

I'll be standing at the rim of the Grand Canyon on June 18. Then up to
Zion and Bryce.
Zack Sten

Zack,

We'll be staying at the north rim cabins. They say it is a 5 minute walk
to the rim. We will have already been to Zion prior to going to the
Grand Canyon. We'll have to compare notes.

--

Regards, Ross
C-172F 180HP

Blue Angels back in Pensacola - practice session - Diamond heading back to the hangar Pensacola Beachcomber Aviation Photos 0 March 23rd 08 05:28 PM
Ways of Getting The Lowest Possible Life Insurance Rates.( lowestlife insurance rates) [email protected] Piloting 0 March 23rd 08 10:21 AM
Ouch!!! Wet rates keep going up! [email protected] Piloting 92 October 2nd 07 07:43 PM
Frame Rates Jim Kamp Simulators 10 August 7th 05 09:03 PM
Better way than Wet Rates? Tim Hogard Owning 14 November 2nd 04 07:28 PM