Looking for some marketing feedback on a new pilot relief product

Old February 19th 10, 12:59 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mark

Default Looking for some marketing feedback on a new pilot relief product

I've come up with what may become a new pilot relief product. It's not
for sale yet, but I'm at the point where I'm trying to get some market
feedback to see if there is enough interest to invest further. I've
been using prototypes in my glider this past year with excellent
success.

ThePeePal is designed to provide a temporary, hands free, leak free
means or relieving oneself. It's not meant to be worn for any length
of time. There is an inner cuff which inflates with mild air pressure
to create a seal. ThePeePal would be connected with a tube to a
collection bag or similar arrangement.

I have a small web site to explain the product and at the bottom is a
very short survey. Thank you in advance to anyone willing to take a
look and provide some feedback, either thumbs up or thumbs down.

ThePeePal.com

All feedback is appreciated.

Mark
Old February 19th 10, 01:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dallas

On Thu, 18 Feb 2010 15:59:15 -0800 (PST), Mark wrote:

All feedback is appreciated.

You mean my Topicana Orange drink bottle is obsolete?

--
Dallas
Old February 19th 10, 02:05 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
vaughn[_2_]

"Dallas" wrote in message
On Thu, 18 Feb 2010 15:59:15 -0800 (PST), Mark wrote:

All feedback is appreciated.

You mean my Topicana Orange drink bottle is obsolete?

Funny you should mention that. I keep an old Tropicana bottle in in my flight
bag just for emergencies. ...It's the large mouth..

Vaughn

Old February 19th 10, 03:08 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Ricky

On Feb 18, 4:12*pm, Dallas wrote:
On Thu, 18 Feb 2010 15:59:15 -0800 (PST), Mark wrote:
All feedback is appreciated.

You mean my Topicana Orange drink bottle is obsolete?

--
Dallas

OKAY! Confession time! I had to go really bad halfway through an hour
or so cross country & all I had was an empty aluminum soda ("pop" for
those in wierd parts of the country) can. I managed to get placed okay
but didn't figure on nearly filling the 12 oz. container up!
Well, now what? I know! It's a slow cassna 172, I'll open the window,
clear the area below and drop it out the window. I do hate littering
but...I shoved it out the window and the turbulence caused an instant,
strong pee-pee shower all over me and the cabin.
Gross!

Ricky
Old February 19th 10, 03:21 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dallas

On Thu, 18 Feb 2010 20:05:41 -0500, vaughn wrote:

...It's the large mouth..

LOL!....

--
Dallas
Old February 19th 10, 03:23 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dallas

On Thu, 18 Feb 2010 18:08:06 -0800 (PST), Ricky wrote:

I shoved it out the window and the turbulence caused an instant,
strong pee-pee shower all over me and the cabin.

I hope you didn't have asparagus the night before.
:- )

--
Dallas
Old February 19th 10, 04:51 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dixie Sierra

On Feb 18, 9:23*pm, Dallas wrote:
On Thu, 18 Feb 2010 18:08:06 -0800 (PST), Ricky wrote:
I shoved it out the window and the turbulence caused an instant,
strong pee-pee shower all over me and the cabin.

I hope you didn't have asparagus the night before.
:- )

--
Dallas

Asparagus is not a good idea...

I fly gliders and having a way to take a leak is essential. It's not a
"good" day if the flight is less than 2 hours and 4+ hours is what I'm
really looking for (I am a neophyte). In the summer, I carry at least
100 ounces of drinking water... it's gotta come out!

Frankly, a typical Male External Catheter is simple, cheap, and get's
the job done. When I'm in the air I don't have to look at it, position
it, inflate it, or uninflate it. Every second I spend preparing to pee
and cleaning up afterwards is a second I don't spend looking for
traffic, looking for safe places to land, looking for lift, and
thinking about how to fly fast so that I end up back where I started
instead of on the ground.

Typical MEC's have drawbacks. But I can deal with all of those
drawbacks on the ground with my glider safely parked, and more likely
safely back in its trailer.

The product offered just gives me something else to do when I should
be flying. I don't need that. Eyes and attention inside the cokpit are
not safe.

just my 2 cents
Old February 19th 10, 01:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
vaughn[_2_]

"Mark" wrote in message

All feedback is appreciated.

Actually, the best folks to ask about this product are sailplane pilots. They
tend to take long flights in rather tiny cockpits. No soaring forum is complete
without the occasional long and entertaining discussion about frozen and bulging
relief tubes, peeing uphill into piddle packs while stuck in a prone position,
and the joys of external catheters.

Vaughn

Old February 19th 10, 06:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Robert M. Gary

On Feb 18, 4:12*pm, Dallas wrote:
On Thu, 18 Feb 2010 15:59:15 -0800 (PST), Mark wrote:
All feedback is appreciated.

You mean my Topicana Orange drink bottle is obsolete?

--
Dallas

When my boys were small I tried all types of products. I bought a
couple of the Little Johnny's, etc. I ended up throwing them all out
because they leaked. Finally I just started using water bottles. If
one had to go really bad I'd open the little pilot window, empty and
let them fill. It wasn't unusual for one bottle to be used multiple
times on 6 hour legs down in Mexico. I never once had one leak. I
still carry them now even though my boys are now men.

-Robert
Old February 19th 10, 06:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Robert M. Gary

On Feb 19, 4:36*am, "vaughn"
wrote:

Actually, the best folks to ask about this product are sailplane pilots. *They
tend to take long flights in rather tiny cockpits. *No soaring forum is complete
without the occasional long and entertaining discussion about frozen and bulging
relief tubes, peeing uphill into piddle packs while stuck in a prone position,
and the joys of external catheters.

When I was flying SeaPlanes I'd just land on a lake and pee off the
pontoons.