Light gun work with ATC COMS - Video

Old July 10th 09, 11:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Light gun work with ATC COMS - Video

Light gun work with ATC COMS - Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yw2XtN15qOA

Two weeks ago I was with a friend who had COM failure and that was my
first experience with light guns. Because of this, I thought it would
behoove me to brush up on my experiences in a plane.

I posted my experiences in the Flight Aware forums. The COM failure
can be found at http://discussions.flightaware.com/v...?p=83618#83618
and my light gun questions can be found at
http://discussions.flightaware.com/v...?p=83893#83893
Old July 11th 09, 03:33 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Gezellig

On Fri, 10 Jul 2009 15:58:33 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

Light gun work with ATC COMS - Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yw2XtN15qOA

Two weeks ago I was with a friend who had COM failure and that was my
first experience with light guns. Because of this, I thought it would
behoove me to brush up on my experiences in a plane.

I posted my experiences in the Flight Aware forums. The COM failure
can be found at http://discussions.flightaware.com/v...?p=83618#83618
and my light gun questions can be found at
http://discussions.flightaware.com/v...?p=83893#83893

Always appreciate and enjoy your efforts, please keep them coming!
Old July 12th 09, 08:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
BeechSundowner

On Jul 10, 9:33*pm, Gezellig wrote:

Always appreciate and enjoy your efforts, please keep them coming!

'preciate your compliments Gezellig!

Old July 12th 09, 09:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
george

On Jul 11, 10:58*am, " wrote:
Light gun work with ATC COMS - Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yw2XtN15qOA

Two weeks ago I was with a friend who had COM failure and that was my
first experience with light guns. Because of this, I thought it would
behoove me to brush up on my experiences in a plane.

I posted my experiences in the Flight Aware forums. *The COM failure
can be found athttp://discussions.flightaware.com/viewtopic.php?p=83618#83618
and my light gun questions can be found athttp://discussions.flightaware.com/viewtopic.php?p=83893#83893

That was the technology when I was learning to fly :-)
Welcome to a -very- small (and diminishing) club
Old July 14th 09, 09:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Robert M. Gary

On Jul 10, 3:58*pm, " wrote:
Light gun work with ATC COMS - Video

When I'm working with students I'll often ask ground while I'm at the
runup to show us the light signal (flashing red). Its good to see it.
During the day its not necessarily easy to see if you are not looking
at it.

-Robert
Old July 15th 09, 03:20 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
BeechSundowner

On Jul 14, 3:20*pm, "Robert M. Gary" wrote:
On Jul 10, 3:58*pm, " wrote:

Light gun work with ATC COMS - Video

When I'm working with students I'll often ask ground while I'm at the
runup to show us the light signal (flashing red). Its good to see it.
During the day its not necessarily easy to see if you are not looking
at it.

-Robert

No kidding!

I am glad you do this with your students. Locally, they do have the
students see them at night, but I never had that in my training
myself.

Even harder to see trying to fly a plane and staring at the tower
looking for less then a period size blip!