WGC2012 Uvalde Launch/Landing and US Team audio feed

Old August 13th 12, 12:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tony[_5_]

Default WGC2012 Uvalde Launch/Landing and US Team audio feed

Rick Sheppe spent a lot of his daytime downtime last week putting together a system to stream radio from Uvalde online. It is available on liveatc.net: http://www.liveatc.net/search/?icao=kuva

123.3 is used for the launch, mainly for CD/Sniffer communications and towplanes calling their landing patterns. The US Team frequency is also scanned so we can hear the chatter through the afternoon and then the glider landings are using 122.8 in the afternoon.
Old August 13th 12, 04:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Duster

On Aug 13, 6:32*am, Tony wrote:
Rick Sheppe spent a lot of his daytime downtime last week putting together a system to stream radio from Uvalde online. It is available on liveatc.net:http://www.liveatc.net/search/?icao=kuva

123.3 is used for the launch, mainly for CD/Sniffer communications and towplanes calling their landing patterns. The US Team frequency is also scanned so we can hear the chatter through the afternoon and then the glider landings are using 122.8 in the afternoon.

Wonderful. Thanks, Rick and Tony for setting this up.
Mike
Old August 13th 12, 04:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tony[_5_]

On Monday, August 13, 2012 10:05:28 AM UTC-5, Duster wrote:
On Aug 13, 6:32*am, Tony wrote: Rick Sheppe spent a lot of his daytime downtime last week putting together a system to stream radio from Uvalde online. It is available on liveatc.net:http://www.liveatc.net/search/?icao=kuva 123.3 is used for the launch, mainly for CD/Sniffer communications and towplanes calling their landing patterns. The US Team frequency is also scanned so we can hear the chatter through the afternoon and then the glider landings are using 122.8 in the afternoon. Wonderful. Thanks, Rick and Tony for setting this up. Mike

Rick was the man on this one, I'm just a happy beneficiary since I had to go back to my normal job this week.
Old August 13th 12, 04:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JP Stewart

This is great! Has the official live video stream been working at all?

JP
Old August 15th 12, 06:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sean F (F2)

Not hearing any audio. Anyone else on the audio feed?
Old August 15th 12, 07:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Cordell

On Wednesday, August 15, 2012 10:05:07 AM UTC-7, Sean F (F2) wrote:
Not hearing any audio. Anyone else on the audio feed?

Up and running. Lots of dead air, but clear sound on occasional transmissions. US Team Manager Dennis coming thru Loud and Clear.
Old August 16th 12, 09:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dave Nadler

Worked yesterday, not working today, aaarggg...
Old August 16th 12, 09:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tony[_5_]

On Thursday, August 16, 2012 3:32:52 PM UTC-5, Dave Nadler wrote:
Worked yesterday, not working today, aaarggg...

i think i read somewhere that the entire LiveATC site is down today
Old August 16th 12, 10:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dave Nadler

Tracker site is working - can see some of the fast Open guys.
Unfortunately Ron's SPOT appears to have died today;
that seems to be common (happened to me one day of 7
I tried it in Minden and upset people).

Old August 16th 12, 11:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
BobD

Trackers are clearly inconsistent. the TipTop one is my favorite with its interactive interface. But which one is accurate?

Early on lots of griping from everywhere that the contest's efforts to provide a "live" internet experience sucked. It of course would be easily solved if some nice sponsor would pony-up several hundred $$$ for the technology.. But I'd guess the actual look-in audience return isn't enough to move anyone's budget.

Hopefully some day the best tracker will be able to downlink flight/speed data, gin it into a a readout that would inform us who actually is in what place in the task standings.