German "Endoresement" of an FAA Glider Cert?

Old January 26th 04, 03:52 AM
Tim McAllister

Default German "Endoresement" of an FAA Glider Cert?

Can anyone point me in the right direction find out what I need to do
to have my FAA Glider Cert "endorsed" by the LBA so that I can fly a
D-Registered glider at the Club Class Worlds in Norway?

I understand that the rules have changed, but has anyone out there
ever gone through the process?

Thanks for any and all helpful information,

Tim McAllister "EY"
2004 US Club Class Team
Old January 26th 04, 06:00 AM
F.L. Whiteley

This would be your Libelle 201 Tim?

Why you would have to do this defies comprehension, but I also await an
explanation if needed.

Frank Whiteley
Colorado

om...

Old January 26th 04, 03:45 PM
Tim McAllister

"F.L. Whiteley" wrote in message ...
This would be your Libelle 201 Tim?

Why you would have to do this defies comprehension, but I also await an
explanation if needed.

Frank Whiteley
Colorado

Frank:

No - I am asking the question about getting my pilots licensed
endorsed by the LBA. The whole idea of taking my Libelle overseas is
too overwhelming to contemplate!

I will be renting a German Libelle, and will need my pilot license
endorsed by the German Authorities (for purposes of the World Comp and
also for insurance reasons).

Again, any ideas on the subject would be appreciated

Tim McAllister "EY"
2004 US Club Class Team
Old January 26th 04, 05:27 PM
tango4

I don't know but I'll guess at
some sort of examination of your logbook/s
Checkride
Medical

Pop along to de.rec.luftfahrt and post the question, I'm sure someone will
help you out there.

Ian

Old January 27th 04, 03:32 AM
F.L. Whiteley

"Tim McAllister" wrote in message
om...
"F.L. Whiteley" wrote in message

This would be your Libelle 201 Tim?

Why you would have to do this defies comprehension, but I also await an
explanation if needed.

Frank Whiteley
Colorado

Frank:

No - I am asking the question about getting my pilots licensed
endorsed by the LBA. The whole idea of taking my Libelle overseas is
too overwhelming to contemplate!

I will be renting a German Libelle, and will need my pilot license
endorsed by the German Authorities (for purposes of the World Comp and
also for insurance reasons).

Again, any ideas on the subject would be appreciated

Tim McAllister "EY"
2004 US Club Class Team

Right, must have been past my bed time;^) Just looked at the LBA site and
the links to the validation forms doesn't find them.

Frank

Old January 27th 04, 06:14 PM
Herbert Kilian

Tim,
Use this link for the form the LBA wants you to fill out (Validation
of a foreign airman's license):

http://www.lba.de/englisch/form/l/l.htm

Looks like they want to see plenty of documentation. However, a
bilateral agreement with Germany requires them to accept US licenses,
the FAA did the same with mine when I came to this country.
Best of luck in Norway!
Herb, J7

Bad publicity David Starer Soaring 18 March 8th 04 03:57 PM
Soviet Submarines Losses - WWII Mike Yared Military Aviation 4 October 30th 03 03:09 AM
I wish I'd never got into this... Kevin Neave Soaring 32 September 19th 03 12:18 PM
Restricting Glider Ops at Public Arpt. rjciii Soaring 36 August 25th 03 04:50 PM