Arrogant-bordering on belligerent-owners (was:GAMIjectors)

Old September 8th 07, 12:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
[email protected][_1_]

Default Arrogant-bordering on belligerent-owners (was:GAMIjectors)

On Fri, 7 Sep 2007 23:12:48 -0700, "Matt Barrow"
wrote:

Okay...so I'm misunderstanding a wet top end. Still, you inferred the
accusation that Newps was faking his compression levels, so put up or shut
up.

Well Matt, rather than spending a lot of time trying to find a common
frame of reference (with thoughts of trying to teach a pig to sing),
I'll just repost my reply to one of your earlier attempts to read more
into one of my posts than was actually present.

Are you freaking high? Are you able to read and comprehend the English
language (or at least the variant used the US of A)?

Find one sentence in this thread where I "denigrated" anything or
anybody, other than you.

My initial query concerning sheep quoting Avweb you have reinforced
time and time again, without any help or encouragement on my part.

You sir, have the 'group persona of an idiot. Again, I would
respectfully suggest that you contact the guy that wrote the freaking
book on GA LOP and ask him whether he recommends that a newbie owner
(with limited/no experience of advanced engine management) of a Turbo
Lance should take-off, grab the mixture control and yank, i.e..

You might want to contact the LOP/GAMI guy and ask him first. Based on
personal experience, turbo-supercharged TIO-540's have detonation
issues during certain operating regimes. Am thinking the GAMI guy saw
the same issues during testing.

Unlike some other people that post in these groups, I post primarily
about what I have allegedly seen-not what I have read, heard, or
dreamed about after eating peyote. On occasion, I do relate what other
people in the industry that I know and respect have allegedly told me
first-person, therefore...

If I had relevant LOP related info, I would share it. When I was
getting out of the TIO-540 game, GAMI was just starting to do testing
on Lycoming engines. I am familiar enuff with LOP theory and operation
to know that before performing "the big pull" you should probably get
educated, not just read about it in the 'groups.

Where you are mistaken in this case is that I have the need/desire to
convince "you" of anything. Or that I have any concern of my
"credibility" whatsoever in any aspect of my 'group correspondence.
I'm certain that my penis length (assuming I have one) is sufficient,
and I couldn't give a flying-**** whether or not you can **** farther
than I can.

For all you know, I've never set foot in a hangar in my life, let
alone worked on an airplane. By the same yardstick, with all the
advanced knowledge and expertise in quoting other online sources
you've shown me-it's possible you've got a poster of an A36 and a
Tornado Alley Turbo bumpersticker on the wall of your bedroom and like
to masturbate with one hand while typing with the other.

The 'groups for me are just like reality TV and daytime drama, only
with enuff GA content to keep me interested. I really should thank
you, you've made an otherwise drab week rather enjoyable.

Perhaps you feel that your piloting/owning experiences make you a
unique individual, and to a certain extent they do.

Unfortunately, much of what you post here in the 'groups closely
resembles the common "ugly GA pilot/owner" stereotype.

With little regard;

TC
Old September 8th 07, 01:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Mike Spera

;
.lots of stuff snipped

My observation is that people appear to be gravitating towards the
extreme in many areas of life. I see it in religion, politics, finance,
and other places. Controlled, thoughtful, and mature dialog appears to
be eluding a growing number on this rock. Perhaps it is the medium of
the Internet that either causes or assists this acidic trend. A forum
veiled in anonymity where cryptic "handles" are the only way one
identifies themselves, coupled with niche discussion may be the problem.
I sincerely doubt that the dialogs I see on the Internet would take
place if the same two (or more) people would be standing face to face.

On the one hand, it is liberating to have the freedom to express views
with absolutely no fear from retribution. On the other, failure to honor
that tremendous freedom and carry on a dialog in an uncivil manner shows
the immaturity of some in our race.

Please consider delivering the same passion for the topic in a more
respectful manner. As you grow older, you may find you were/are not
"right" about everything (yes, even pilots).

Just a suggestion.
Mike

Old September 8th 07, 10:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Jay Honeck

Please consider delivering the same passion for the topic in a more
respectful manner. As you grow older, you may find you were/are not
"right" about everything (yes, even pilots).

Well put.

However, I feel the need to point out a couple of things. Over the
years I have oft-stated my disregard for people who post here under a
pseudonym. It always seems that the most visceral and acidic posts
come from the people who don't have the balls to identify
themselves.

Toecutter, however, is an exception to that rule. He universally
expresses himself in a level-headed, fair and balanced way, and is
incredibly knowledgable and willing to share his wisdom and
experiences. He has helped me countless times with aircraft problems
big and small, and was instrumental in my deciding to buy the
Pathfinder.

Further, he is also the kind of "anonymous" poster who will email you
off-group, and properly identify himself, IF you show respect and
manners. Once you are in his "circle of respect", you soon know his
entire family.

In short, Toecutter is good people -- and I'll defend to the death his
right to call me an arrogant and belligerant aircraft owner!

;-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old September 9th 07, 08:58 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Thomas Borchert

Jay,

Toecutter, however, is an exception to that rule.

And Matt Barrow is, too - the other way round.

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)

Old September 9th 07, 09:23 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

On Sep 8, 4:59 pm, Jay Honeck wrote:
[...]

There is another side to not using your name on usenet, although I
agree that using a "handle" allows people to be asses many times. On
this group, all I think you have to worry about is maybe some nasty
jawboning back and forth. On some others, there are definately people
that you don't want knowing your name and location; could be bad for
your health. On one group, some guy bragged about traveling to
someone's hometown and leaving some bullet holes in an adversary's
place of business. Need I say more. There are some real nut cases out
there. Come to think of it, this occurred on one of the aviation
groups.
As for belligerent owners, well we all know a few. However, I have
met too many A&Ps that I don't want anywhere near my airplane. How
about you? And some arrogant ones too. Just because they they know how
to work on them, they think they are engineers. Never opened a genuine
engineering textbook in their lives, but they'll make big fun of you
for stating even the most basic of facts that any undergraduate
enginneering student would easily know. And you can't even give them
references where they can check it out for themselves. They just
ignore you and go on arguing. They have their intuitions and don't
need you telling them anything. Not to mention having others see that
they were wrong about something. They'll never admit that, that's why
they won't bother finding out the facts, even when it would be so easy
to do. Hell, I'm wrong about things all the time. I just don't like to
stay that way. I try to find out and accept what I find.

Regards,
Bud

Old September 9th 07, 01:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Dan Luke[_2_]

"Jay Honeck" wrote:

Toecutter, however, is an exception to that rule. He universally
expresses himself in a level-headed, fair and balanced way, and is
incredibly knowledgable and willing to share his wisdom and
experiences.

Amen.

TC is one of those people who make usenet a gold mine. You have sift a lot of
sand to find the gold, but it's here.

--
Dan
T-182T at BFM

Old September 9th 07, 01:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Blueskies

wrote in message ...

Well Matt, rather than spending a lot of time trying to find a common
frame of reference (with thoughts of trying to teach a pig to sing),
I'll just repost my reply to one of your earlier attempts to read more
into one of my posts than was actually present.

Unfortunately, much of what you post here in the 'groups closely
resembles the common "ugly GA pilot/owner" stereotype.

With little regard;

TC

That's the reason I 'ploinked' him long ago...

Beech Duke Owners/ex-Owners ple help... Stanley Owning 12 June 10th 16 12:36 AM
GAMIjectors Dan Luke[_2_] Owning 25 September 9th 07 02:37 PM
SHK Owners [email protected] Soaring 1 February 7th 06 06:37 PM
Arrogant judges making law... Denny Piloting 27 March 23rd 05 06:11 PM
Any UH-1 owners in here? Jim Rotorcraft 7 October 6th 03 02:33 AM