A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » Soaring
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Touch up urethane for a ash-31

Old February 2nd 20, 03:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
RR
external usenet poster

Default Touch up urethane for a ash-31

Any sugestions for a urethane paint for touch up on a 31? I had a little bit, but then waited to long to use it and the paint has separated, and the hardener has dried up. Need to buy some new, and looking for a sugestion for a place to buy some, in quantities less than gallons.
Old February 2nd 20, 04:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Craig Reinholt
external usenet poster

On Sunday, February 2, 2020 at 7:17:40 AM UTC-8, RR wrote:
Any sugestions for a urethane paint for touch up on a 31? I had a little bit, but then waited to long to use it and the paint has separated, and the hardener has dried up. Need to buy some new, and looking for a sugestion for a place to buy some, in quantities less than gallons.

Contact Rex Mayes and ask him.
Williams Soaring 530-473-5600
Old February 2nd 20, 07:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
kinsell
external usenet poster

On 2/2/20 8:17 AM, RR wrote:

For minor touchups, gelcoat works fine. Cheaper/safer/easier to use.
Old February 2nd 20, 07:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Per Carlin
external usenet poster

Car paint repair shops can put 2k PU in spraycans, all you need to know is the Ral number of the paint.
Old February 2nd 20, 08:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

On Sunday, February 2, 2020 at 10:17:40 AM UTC-5, RR wrote:

I use Sherwin Willaims 3rd Dimension acrylic urethane , mostly because that is what my paint supplier stocks. PPG Concept is almost the same and seems to be the default among most refinish shops.
Matching is a trial and error deal. Tinting is usually a small amount of yellow and a tiny bit of black.
Ships vary. They are not all the same. I understand Rex has said he goes to the paint store for each ship.
Take a winglet and see if your paint store can read and match.
Good luck
UH
Old February 2nd 20, 09:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andrzej Kobus
external usenet poster

On Sunday, February 2, 2020 at 10:17:40 AM UTC-5, RR wrote:

RR, PPG Concept, please send me an email and I will tell you where to get it locally, AK