Coronavirus impacting activities?

Old March 16th 20, 03:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Coronavirus impacting activities?

https://xcmag.com/news/paragliding-a...irus-pandemic/
Old March 16th 20, 06:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Stephen Szikora

But pilots practice social distancing ... we call it collision avoidance!
Old March 16th 20, 07:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Senna Van den Bosch

Op maandag 16 maart 2020 15:53:21 UTC+1 schreef :
https://xcmag.com/news/paragliding-a...irus-pandemic/

The LVZC in Belgium (organization of all gliding clubs in Belgium) wrote a letter to all clubs to stop all activities for at least a month. The season is starting in 2 weeks, going to be very busy with check rides when we can finally operate again.
Old March 16th 20, 08:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Monday, March 16, 2020 at 6:33:20 PM UTC, Senna Van den Bosch wrote

The LVZC in Belgium (organization of all gliding clubs in Belgium) wrote a letter to all clubs to stop all activities for at least a month. The season is starting in 2 weeks, going to be very busy with check rides when we can finally operate again.

at least! - there is little logic in closing for a month. If a cessation of a group activity is deemed necessary then it will have to be for several months. There is no way this is going to be disappearing in a month in any European country.

Old March 16th 20, 09:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tango Eight

On Monday, March 16, 2020 at 3:25:14 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On Monday, March 16, 2020 at 6:33:20 PM UTC, Senna Van den Bosch wrote

The LVZC in Belgium (organization of all gliding clubs in Belgium) wrote a letter to all clubs to stop all activities for at least a month. The season is starting in 2 weeks, going to be very busy with check rides when we can finally operate again.

at least! - there is little logic in closing for a month. If a cessation of a group activity is deemed necessary then it will have to be for several months. There is no way this is going to be disappearing in a month in any European country.

It disappears when R0 goes below 1.0 and stays there.

It seems terribly unlikely that social distancing alone will do that. Development of herd immunity is likely the only long term solution, and that either means a successful vaccine or an awful lot of people getting sick.

Get some sun / make some vitamin D. Even if you think that's quackery, it'll still feel good :-).

T8
Old March 16th 20, 09:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Monday, March 16, 2020 at 4:04:54 PM UTC-4, Tango Eight wrote:
[...]

And sleep. Being short on sleep will kill ya or let the bugs kill ya.
Old March 17th 20, 12:14 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
George Haeh

You're much more likely to pick up an infection at the grocery store than outdoors at a glider field.

Wouldn't hurt to wipe controls when changing pilots.

The most suspect location will be the clubhouse and other interior spaces.

There's a good chance this new virus will become endemic.
Old March 17th 20, 12:27 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Monday, March 16, 2020 at 7:53:21 AM UTC-7, wrote:
https://xcmag.com/news/paragliding-a...irus-pandemic/

There is one activity that all this isolation and directives to stay at home that no one has recognized.

We can catt it the Trumper or Trumpet generation.

Bruce Patton
Waiting for Spring to be sprung
Old March 17th 20, 02:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jonathan St. Cloud

On Monday, March 16, 2020 at 4:14:12 PM UTC-7, George Haeh wrote:
You're much more likely to pick up an infection at the grocery store than outdoors at a glider field.

Wouldn't hurt to wipe controls when changing pilots.

The most suspect location will be the clubhouse and other interior spaces.

There's a good chance this new virus will become endemic.

This is hilarious! RAS, the place where you can get some very questionable advise on soaring, sometimes even distributed by me, is now advancing medical advice. Let me get pen and paper to copy that down.
Old March 17th 20, 07:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tony[_5_]

Region 5 North at Perry cancelled

Coronavirus ProfJ Soaring 26 March 9th 20 09:23 PM
SUA activities for OSH bound pilots Jim Burns Piloting 1 July 22nd 05 03:33 PM
more activities at Chateauroux ? hugo36 Military Aviation 0 February 15th 04 04:05 AM
Allow me to share today's activities Frederick Wilson Home Built 36 November 17th 03 03:57 PM
Allow me to share today's activities Frederick Wilson Piloting 14 November 17th 03 03:57 PM