Non-Stop Soaring Film Fest: Showcasing The Best Soaring Videos

Old December 16th 11, 11:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Kemp[_2_]

Default Non-Stop Soaring Film Fest: Showcasing The Best Soaring Videos

For the Reno, NV Soaring Convention Feb 2-4, I'm organizing a 2 hour
compilation of the best soaring videos to show attendees and the
visiting public. The objective is to 1) show the visiting public that
we are much more than rides, and 2) share spectacular clips with other
pilots. The 2 hour video will loop and run all day so attendees can
come and go as they like. A mix of new and old, the anchor is the
Australian documentary of the 1974 World's "ZR, Good Start". That
leaves 70 minutes to be filled.

So if you have a favorite video, please send me the link, or if it's
from a commercial DVD, the DVD name and segment. In both cases, I'll
contact the rights holder for permission once I have the final
sequence. My email is kizuno1 a t gmail

There's lots of YT, Vimeo material and Facebook posts, but I can't
possibly evaluate each one, so I'm asking for your nominations. Bruno
Vassel, you'll have a few minutes for sure 8^)

Thanks in advance.

Kemp
Old December 17th 11, 01:17 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bruno[_2_]

On Dec 16, 3:03*pm, Kemp wrote:
[...]

Hi Kemp,
Fantastic idea! I was already committed even before your last
sentence. I am happy to custom edit some of the best moments from
my videos and will contact you after the holidays to get direction
from you.

Take care,
Bruno - B4
Old December 17th 11, 02:09 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Hagbard Celine

Once you get all this together I would be eternally in your debt if
you could tell us where to get some of these films! I've heard about
""ZR, Good Start" and "Lifting The Blues" for example but can't find
anywhere to view or buy them. I've watched my copies of "The Sun Ship
Game" and "A Fine Week Of Soaring" so many times that if they were VHS
I would have worn the tape through by now.
Old December 17th 11, 02:38 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
C2

On Dec 16, 4:03*pm, Kemp wrote:
[...]

I can send you a DVD of "Romeo Zulu-Good Start" about the 1974 World
Championships in Waikerie, Australia.
What's your address?
Old December 17th 11, 05:48 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Kemp[_2_]

On Dec 16, 5:09*pm, Hagbard Celine wrote:
Once you get all this together I would be eternally in your debt if
you could tell us where to get some of these films! I've heard about
""ZR, Good Start" and "Lifting The Blues" for example but can't find
anywhere to view or buy them. I've watched my copies of "The Sun Ship
Game" and "A Fine Week Of Soaring" so many times that if they were VHS
I would have worn the tape through by now.

Yes, I can relate! I've watched those videos many times, but "ZR Good
Start" and "Liftin' The Blues" are not known much outside of Oz & the
UK respectively, and certainly not by the US community. The other
reason to do this is that there are many great current glider videos
posted to Facebook, but they scroll off and while not missing, can't
be easily recalled. I have to bookmark them quick! So at least from
my point of view, these will be some of the best. I hope others
agree. In my hopes (not planned yet) this compilation would be
available in some fashion, obviously there are rights and distribution
issues to work, but wouldn't that be great.
Old December 17th 11, 08:30 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Peter Wyld[_2_]

At 04:48 17 December 2011, Kemp wrote:
On Dec 16, 5:09=A0pm, Hagbard Celine wrote:
[...]

Get a copy of the dvd from the 2007 Grand Prix in New Zealand.

Old December 17th 11, 10:11 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ian Burgin

The best gliding film I have found is by Nistal Wloczysiak and can be seen
/ downloaded from
http://www.alpenstreckenflug.de/text...dingvideos.htm
it is called "Hellingfliegen".(Dune Gliding)
Nistal has produced a number of films all the ones I have seen are very
good

Old December 17th 11, 10:36 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Nigel Holmes

Please have a quick look at Tim Orchards 4 minute video just called 741
which is his dads glider, (vimeo.com/10290462 )

Possibly a nice little fill in film.

Just a thought.

Nigel Holmes (UK)

Old December 17th 11, 11:45 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Friday, 16 December 2011 22:03:21 UTC, Kemp wrote:
For the Reno, NV Soaring Convention Feb 2-4, I'm organizing a 2 hour
compilation of the best soaring videos to show attendees and the
visiting public. The objective is to 1) show the visiting public that
we are much more than rides, and 2) share spectacular clips with other
pilots.

For high-adrenaline HD videos, many videos by balleka may be suitable. I particularly like:
* http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=021klVZcHuk Mainlining
Adrenaline - Ridge running in a Nimbus 3DT
* http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dhac_vWKWyg What did
you do today?
* http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fs666zqMw0s Down at
the Sea-side!
and IIRC there's a shorter version of the latter.

For aerobatics, search for "swift glider aerobatics", and you'll have plenty of choice
Old December 17th 11, 12:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ian Burgin[_2_]

I have foud that this link no longer works but the film is available on
vimeo www.gliding4life.com