A-380 taking shape

Old May 28th 04, 06:46 AM
HECTOP

Default A-380 taking shape

http://www.airliners.net/open.file/587283/M

HECTOP
PP-ASEL-IA
http://www.maxho.com
maxho_at_maxho.com

P.S. First person to turn this thread into a flame will be cursed with
syphilis for seven generations. Бо заебали, уже!

Old May 28th 04, 08:26 AM
james_anatidae

"HECTOP" wrote in message
.. .
http://www.airliners.net/open.file/587283/M

This is the one that ain't gonna fly right? Seems odd to me that they'd
spend all that money to build a plane that will never leave the ground. Why
couldn't a prototype meant to eventually take-off do the ground testing as
well? Though it will make a nice museum piece. Probably get parked in
front of the factory.

Old May 28th 04, 08:33 AM
HECTOP

"james_anatidae" wrote in message
This is the one that ain't gonna fly right? Seems odd to me that they'd
spend all that money to build a plane that will never leave the ground.

They build'em for static testing on the ground and abuse them unkindly, pull
wings till they snap (there was a program about 777 testing on Discovery
Channel), shake'em/bake'em, all kinds of bad things, so they don't happen to
real planes. By the time they're done with that airframe, it'll be in such a
poor shape, you'd think twice about trying to tow it out of the hangar, so
forget about taking to the air.

HECTOP
PP-ASEL-IA
http://www.maxho.com
maxho_at_maxho.com

Old May 28th 04, 10:21 AM
Zaza

Will it go under the Gatwick bridge?
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/s...es/3756111.stm

Old May 28th 04, 10:43 AM
Cub Driver

I can't wait to go on vacation with 600 close friends.

all the best -- Dan Ford
email: (put Cubdriver in subject line)

The Warbird's Forum
www.warbirdforum.com
The Piper Cub Forum www.pipercubforum.com
Old May 28th 04, 01:45 PM
G Farris

They're building huge parts in different locations throughout France and
Europe, and there have been some complaints because they have to build new
roads to transport the parts. The complmaints center on trees and other
environmental features being disturbed by the large, new roads. No one yet is
complaining about the cost (to the taxpayers) of the new infrastructure.

This is called "partnership" - the taxpayers pay the costs, and the partners
take the profits!

G Faris

Old May 28th 04, 06:05 PM
S Green

"G Farris" wrote in message
They're building huge parts in different locations throughout France and
Europe, and there have been some complaints because they have to build new
roads to transport the parts. The complmaints center on trees and other
environmental features being disturbed by the large, new roads. No one yet

is
complaining about the cost (to the taxpayers) of the new infrastructure.

This is called "partnership" - the taxpayers pay the costs, and the

partners
take the profits!

G Faris

Sounds like Boeing - taxpayer being the biggest "investor"

Old May 29th 04, 12:20 AM
nobody

Zaza wrote:

Will it go under the Gatwick bridge?
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/s...es/3756111.stm

Wow ! I can imagine the pictures one could take from the bridge as a 747
passes underneath.

I assume that security issues will force security agents to be stationed on
the bridge to prevent anyone from staying on bridge to take pictures.
Old May 29th 04, 06:30 AM
S Green

"nobody" wrote in message
s.com...
Zaza wrote:

Will it go under the Gatwick bridge?
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/s...es/3756111.stm

Wow ! I can imagine the pictures one could take from the bridge as a 747
passes underneath.

I assume that security issues will force security agents to be stationed

on
the bridge to prevent anyone from staying on bridge to take pictures.

The bridge is airside anyway so to get there you will need to be a passenger
or staff member when all security checks will have been gone through.

In UK only passengers get to go to the gate. Friends etc say their goodbyes
at the check in. It keeps the congestion down and reduces the numbers to be
checked by security.

Old May 30th 04, 08:01 PM
Thomas Borchert

G,

the taxpayers pay the costs, and the partners
take the profits!

Wanna talk about where Boeing is building parts and how far they get
carried? Same thing, basically. The 7E7 will have wings from Japan...

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)