American Airlines Removes Pillows From MD-80 Flights

Old November 18th 04, 08:41 AM
nobody

Default American Airlines Removes Pillows From MD-80 Flights

For flights of under 3 hours that are daytime, pillows are not really
necessary if the seats are comfortable.

Consider that pillows during a daytime flight are often stowed in some
overhead bin, reducing available bin space for passengers.
Old November 18th 04, 01:47 PM
me

"Gregory Morrow" wrote in message link.net...
Daniel Barton wrote:

Feel free to complain about this on AA.com. I already sent
in my complaint.

Why would *anyone* complain? Those pillows are filthy things, vectors of
all kinds of diseases and maladies. Same thing for those slimy airline
blankets...peeps should bring their own travel pillows or blankets if so
needed.

It does occur to me that the list of stuff we're encouraged to
bring on ourselves is growing. Pillows, food, blankets, drink,
reading material, head phones, etc. My carry on is gonna be
filled with nothing but material only intended for the flight.
Old November 18th 04, 05:23 PM
Rod Speed

me wrote in message
om...
Gregory Morrow wrote
Daniel Barton wrote:

Feel free to complain about this on AA.com. I already sent in my complaint.

Bet that will have the AA suits pouring from their
windows like lemmings as soon as they notice it.

Why would *anyone* complain? Those pillows are filthy
things, vectors of all kinds of diseases and maladies.
Same thing for those slimy airline blankets...peeps should
bring their own travel pillows or blankets if so needed.

It does occur to me that the list of stuff we're encouraged to
bring on ourselves is growing. Pillows, food, blankets, drink,
reading material, head phones, etc. My carry on is gonna be
filled with nothing but material only intended for the flight.

Only if you're silly enough to bother with that crap.

I just have a thin paperback in my pocket.

Old November 18th 04, 06:27 PM
Frank F. Matthews

Auntie Em wrote:

On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 03:46:23 GMT, PaPaPeng wrote:

On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 03:04:01 +0000, n.e.w.s wrote:

Since crews won't be spending time picking up pillows, they should be
able to make cabins cleaner,

Seems a good opportunity for airport kiosks to sell disposal travel
pillows. Add some tourist type prints and they may even become
collectibles.

Oh hell yes. What's three or four or five extra dollars here and
there.... Not a very frugal idea. And then, there is the question
about what you do with the damn thing when you don't want it anymore.
Drag it around all over hells half acre with you? Throw it away and
buy another one for the return flight?

Em
Be careful what you wish for....

Let's not all get too carried away. After some initial confusion about
the AA decision I noticed that the new policy applies only to one type
of plane that is primarily used for short hauls and has an adjustable
head rest. I suspect that they will get little flak and few fliers will
even bother inflating their personal pillows.

Old November 18th 04, 08:52 PM
Bertie the Bunyip

"AbsolutelyCertain"
:

"Bertie the Bunyip" XZXZ@XZXZ.,XZXZX wrote in message
"gatt"
:

*ploink*

ploink!

Hey, now, what's that sound?

ploink a ploink a ploink ploink
Old November 18th 04, 09:59 PM
Serendipity

Rod Speed wrote:
me wrote in message
om...

Gregory Morrow wrote

Daniel Barton wrote:

Feel free to complain about this on AA.com. I already sent in my complaint.

Bet that will have the AA suits pouring from their
windows like lemmings as soon as they notice it.

Why would *anyone* complain? Those pillows are filthy
things, vectors of all kinds of diseases and maladies.
Same thing for those slimy airline blankets...peeps should
bring their own travel pillows or blankets if so needed.

It does occur to me that the list of stuff we're encouraged to
bring on ourselves is growing. Pillows, food, blankets, drink,
reading material, head phones, etc. My carry on is gonna be
filled with nothing but material only intended for the flight.

Only if you're silly enough to bother with that crap.

I just have a thin paperback in my pocket.

I keep a good selection of ebooks and updated magazines from Avantgo on
my PDA as well as a couple of games for entertainment. I have a foldup
PDA keyboard necessary for my needs. That way, I can actually work or
be entertained as the mood strikes. Both fit nicely in my purse leaving
our carry-on for necessities like extra medications not carried in my
purse, a change of clothes in case our luggage gets lost, and toiletry
items. We generally carry a portable MPS player with twin headphones
for two people. It works well for us. We don't take food other than a
pack of gum and we don't take drinks with us. I have been known to buy
a couple of drinks during the flight though since I'm a rather nervous
flyer

Old November 18th 04, 11:48 PM
Bertie the Bunyip

"AbsolutelyCertain"
:

"Bertie the Bunyip" XZXZ@XZXZ.,XZXZX wrote in message
"AbsolutelyCertain"
:

"Bertie the Bunyip" XZXZ@XZXZ.,XZXZX wrote in message
"gatt"
:

*ploink*

ploink!

Hey, now, what's that sound?

ploink a ploink a ploink ploink

It's catchy!

A ploika ploink ploink!

Yeah. If we amde it a rap thing we could make a fortune!

Bertie

Old November 19th 04, 05:12 AM
CJS

Bertie the Bunyip wrote:

"AbsolutelyCertain"
:

"Bertie the Bunyip" XZXZ@XZXZ.,XZXZX wrote in message
"gatt"
:

*ploink*

ploink!

Hey, now, what's that sound?

ploink a ploink a ploink ploink

How very Rat Pack of you.

Cheers...Craig
O M
http://www.vabene.net
---
I'm not dumb. I just have a command of thoroughly useless
information.
- Calvin (and Hobbes)

All I want is a warm bed and a kind word and unlimited
power.
- Ashleigh Brilliant

I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people
who annoy me.
- Fred Allen
Old November 19th 04, 09:24 AM
Nik

"Serendipity" wrote in message
I have been known to buy
a couple of drinks during the flight though since I'm a rather nervous
flyer

Them nerves need appeasement from time to time...

Nik

Old November 19th 04, 06:26 PM
Bertie the Bunyip

CJS :