Patty Wagstaff

Old February 16th 05, 05:36 PM
Jay Honeck

Reminds me of Hillary's comment from the early White House times that the
only way she could get in the newspaper was to change her hair style.

Please. I was about to eat breakfast...

Sorry I apparently hit your anti-Clinton reflex. The point is, no matter
the level of accomplishment, women are judged largely by their appearance.

No, actually, I just find her to be one of the most repulsive women on
earth. Wouldn't really matter who her "husband" is... (and I use the term
loosely...)

Bottom line: To mention Hillary in the same thread as Patty Wagstaff ought
to be illegal!
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old February 16th 05, 11:36 PM
George Patterson

Dave Butler wrote:

Nope. Not kidding. Do you suppose a discussion about, say, Sean D. Tucker would
have evoked a comment about hair color?

I think it would if Sean showed up at Oshkosh as a blond.

George Patterson
He who would distinguish what is true from what is false must have an
adequate understanding of truth and falsehood.
Old February 16th 05, 11:58 PM
RST Engineering

Has anybody got a copy of that obscene recording somebody did about Sean's
airshow announcer (his son) doing an X-rated version of Sean and Patty doing
a "show" together? I had a copy and it got lost (or Gail erased it, you
never know {;-) ).

"There's MY daddy, Sean D. Tucker turning Patty upside down and there's ONE
roll, and then TWO rolls ..." ... you get the idea...

Jim

Old February 17th 05, 03:04 AM
Bob Fry

"Dudley Henriques" writes:

You've got to be kidding! That's not true at all in the professional
world. It's just true for the Hollywood set. I can think of many women,
tops in their fields of science, medicine, electronics, aerospace..you
name it, who I can guarantee did not reach their pinnacles with their
looks.

I'm an engineer...and I can think of several women in my agency that
are mediocre talents who clearly were promoted by their bosses on
their looks and personality, not their technical skills.

I also know a fair number of guys who got promotions by their people
(a.k.a. butt-kissing) skills. Eventually they hit their
Peter-principle limits and depending if they're simply mediocre, or
outright incompetent, they do little or considerable damage to the
organization below them.

Of course I also know women and men who were promoted because of their
engineering skill, leadership, and usefulness.

But so what? That's life in the real world. It's not just
Hollywood...it's everywhere.
Old February 17th 05, 05:11 AM
Dudley Henriques

"Bob Fry" wrote in message
"Dudley Henriques" writes:

[...]

Sure it is. Everybody knows SOMEBODY who fits into this scenario. What
I'm saying is that this type of thing is not the norm by a long shot;
not nearly prevalent enough to be considered systemic as you seem to be
implying; at least not in my experience anyway.
Look, if it pleases you to think this way about the professional world,
I'm the last guy to try and change your mind. I can only tell you that
I've been in the professional world all my life at the highest levels
and although there may be a few clowns in the batch, the vast majority
of professional people with whom I've been associated are definitely not
in the category you are describing.
But Usenet being what it is......naturally BOTH of us are completely
right and because of that, neither of us is wrong. :-)
Dudley Henriques
International Fighter Pilots Fellowship
Commercial Pilot/CFI Retired
for private email; make necessary changes between ( )
dhenriques(at)(delete all this)earthlink(dot)net

Old February 17th 05, 05:34 PM
Montblack

("Dudley Henriques" wrote)
snip
Patty Wagstaff is a combination of fantastically talented pilot and great
marketing skills. She doesn't cross any lines, but is extremely adept at
using her feminity to enhance her overall market share in the industry.

Raquel Welch gave an interview a few years ago about the business of
Hollywood. She she was all wrapped up in the 70's idea: "Treat me like one
of the boys!" It wasn't until the late 80's that she really got it she
decided. It's all about accomplishing your goals.

Raquel Welch said, 'My mistake was, I kept playing by their rules, using
their tools and dealing with their power plays. Hey, I got tools too!'

Yes ...yes she does.

Montblack

Old February 17th 05, 07:44 PM
Dudley Henriques

You are exactly correct about Ms. Welch. She is one intelligent woman
and has kept herself in the game for a very long time.
The thing about Rocky Welch is that she gets even more beautiful instead
of going the other way :-))
DH

Old February 17th 05, 08:01 PM
William W. Plummer

Montblack wrote:

("Dudley Henriques" wrote)
snip

Patty Wagstaff is a combination of fantastically talented pilot and great
marketing skills. She doesn't cross any lines, but is extremely adept at
using her feminity to enhance her overall market share in the industry.

Raquel Welch gave an interview a few years ago about the business of
Hollywood. She she was all wrapped up in the 70's idea: "Treat me like one
of the boys!" It wasn't until the late 80's that she really got it she
decided. It's all about accomplishing your goals.

Raquel Welch said, 'My mistake was, I kept playing by their rules, using
their tools and dealing with their power plays. Hey, I got tools too!'

Yes ...yes she does.

Montblack

But they're made of plastic.
Old February 17th 05, 08:26 PM
Foster

There have been numerous studies showing a very strong correlation to
appearance and organizational success. I've seen numbers like in a
career, you'll earn $100,000 above average for every inch you're taller
than 6 feet, or $50,000 less for every 10 pounds overweight (damn, two
strikes against me). I'm sure these numbers aren't correct, but you get
the idea.

I've also seen business studies - and TV news magazine studies showing,
male or female, you're more likely to get hired, rent an apartment, get
help for a stalled car, etc., etc., etc., the more attractive you are
(three strikes, I'm out).

It's not a 100% correlation obviously but a very strong one.

Old February 17th 05, 09:03 PM
Steven P. McNicoll

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
Ah, yes. Pilot soft porn. What could be better.

Hmmm. Plane & Pilot is the ONLY flying magazine we don't subscribe to
anymore.

I may have to reconsider my choice!

:-)

I had to examine a copy to see what the fuss was about. It's nothing.