Log books in the plane on a long trip?

Old June 22nd 05, 04:26 AM
Newps

Mark Hansen wrote:

I've heard of folks that get their logs duplicated onto CDs, then just
take the CD with them. That way, the originals are still safe at home.

There are companies that will scan the logs for you, but you'll have
to trust them with your books...

Good Lord. I scanned 38 years of my airplanes logbooks and it took
about an hour. The whole deal fits on a 128 MB memory key. However I
don't take anything with me when I travel.
Old June 22nd 05, 11:27 AM
tom418

I've found that more and more shops are now using computer printed "sticky
pages" which are then stuck into the logbooks, instead of hand-written
entries. Much more legible, however, after a few of these are stuck in a
log, the log book gets rather "fat".
"Robert M. Gary" wrote in message
oups.com...
Leave the logs at home. The only time I EVER take my logs out is during
annual. Normal work during the year can be done by getting a sticker
from the A&P and putting that in the logs when you get home. If you let
an A&P see your logs, he'll charge you for several hours of labor to
read the entire logs. Only during an annual does the mechanic have a
reason to look at your logs.

Old June 22nd 05, 01:37 PM

Not necessary at all. Most shops have logbook entries with peel-off
back that you can stick on the logbook page when you get home.