Two very fun students

Old June 8th 06, 03:43 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Two very fun students

This week I had the pleasure to fly with a couple of freshly minted 2nd
Lt.'s from the US Air Force Academy class of 2006. They were converting
their glider time from the USAFA soaring program to civilian CFIG's.

To say this young lady and gentleman are "good sticks" would be an
understatement. They are VERY VERY good. They are enthralled with soaring
flight and plan to continue flying gliders. If they adapt their stick and
rudder skills and agressiveness to competition flying, they will be
formidable conpetitors. They will be solid contributors to the sport
whatever they choose to do.

Lookout guys, the Air Force is coming.

Bill Daniels

Old June 8th 06, 03:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

I hope one of them is in charge of Luke AFB someday!

Old June 9th 06, 05:36 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

I had the pleasure of taking a friend-of-a-friend soaring a week before he
headed off to the USAFA hoping to be a pilot. He was very excited - thrilled
to circle with a hawk, looking forward to primary instruction in the USAF
gliders.

Old June 9th 06, 08:39 PM
Vic7 Vic7 is offline
Member

Our club has two members currently enrolled at the Academy. Both of these young folks are already among the finest pilots I've met. Although I have an ever expanding list of pilots I will not fly with, I would gladly hop into a plane flown by either of these teenagers. If any cadets from Memphis or eastern Arkansas show up at your club, Bill, say hello for me.

V7
Old June 11th 06, 11:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

I've worked with a few USAFA Graduates to get them their FAA Civil Glider
Rating.
Some had completed their USAF Pilot training and "were getting back to
basics".
Some were completing their FAA Civil Rating while waiting on their UPT
assignment.
As a Retired USAF Master Navigator and 30 year Civil Pilot, I was always
impressed with their approach, dedication and "stick skills".

BT