News server and software

Old November 17th 08, 03:13 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Morgans[_2_]

Default News server and software

wrote

I've redirected OE to the nntp.aioe.org server. I don't get any error
messages that the server was not found, but I never get any messages
in OE. What am I missing?

Did you set up an account under the tab with news on it? (tools, accounts,
news tab, add, nntp.aioe.org?) Check the box on the new account that says
"include this account when checking for new messages?"

It was as easy as that, for me.
--
Jim in NC

Old November 18th 08, 07:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Mike Noel

OK, got it working. I had modified the entry for the Comcast server to the
new aioe server. When I just added the aioe server as a new one, it started
working.

Thanks for the help.

--
Best Regards,
Mike.

http://flickr.com/photos/mikenoel/

http://photoshow.comcast.net/mikenoel

Old November 18th 08, 08:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Ross

Mike Noel wrote:
OK, got it working. I had modified the entry for the Comcast server to the
new aioe server. When I just added the aioe server as a new one, it started
working.

Thanks for the help.

I clicked on your flickr URL and saw the BD-5s in early '70. In the
early 70s a friend of mine and I flew a C-172 from Kansas City, MO to
Newton, KS to visit and tour the factory down there. We were also hoping
to get a ride in the simulator that they had mounted to the front of a
truck, but it broke after the first run.

--

Regards, Ross
C-172F 180HP
Old November 19th 08, 12:18 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Mike Noel

Ross, I flew to Newton in a Cherokee 140 from Oak Grove Airport near Ft
Worth. If it were Groundhog Day, I would ask Jim Bede for my BD-5 deposit
back!

news server dead? karel Home Built 2 May 31st 06 09:53 PM
Test..sorry, please ignore, just trying a new isp, news server, and newsreader. Doug Sowder Aerobatics 0 November 9th 03 07:04 PM
News server problems on just this group Chris W Home Built 9 August 9th 03 02:32 AM