Selling Aircraft

Old January 26th 09, 05:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Ross

Default Selling Aircraft

Not sure who is here anymore, but I have been a poster over the years
and learned many things here and also saw some very sad personalities
appear in what would have been good discussions. However, I digress.
Just letting the community know that I have sold my nice IFR Skyhawk
after 12 years of ownership. The new owner took the annual in lieu of a
pre buy knowing the mechanic and how well I maintained the aircraft.

I have been cleaning out the hangar and either throwing things away or
getting ready to sell them.

The reason is medical. So own and fly when you have the chance, because
things can change on you.

I'll probably lurk around here from time to time. I am going to stay
active in EAA and AOPA (38 years now) and bum rides off of friends.

Stay safe and enjoy it while you can. I certainly am going to miss
looking down on the world from a perspective that not many get the
chance to do, except at 35,000 feet.
--

Regards, Ross
Old January 26th 09, 07:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Mark Hansen

On 01/26/09 09:48, Ross wrote:
[...]

Sad news indeed, Ross.

I know that at some point, I will get there too (not too soon, I hope)
and am not looking forward to it. I suppose I'll just grab some dual
instruction from time to time just so I can stay in control in the
left seat.

My condolences and Best Regards,

--
Mark Hansen, PP-ASEL, Instrument Airplane, USUA Ultralight Pilot
Cal Aggie Flying Farmers
Old January 26th 09, 09:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Jim Stewart[_2_]

Ross wrote:
Not sure who is here anymore, but I have been a poster over the years
and learned many things here and also saw some very sad personalities
appear in what would have been good discussions. However, I digress.
Just letting the community know that I have sold my nice IFR Skyhawk
after 12 years of ownership. The new owner took the annual in lieu of a
pre buy knowing the mechanic and how well I maintained the aircraft.

I have been cleaning out the hangar and either throwing things away or
getting ready to sell them.

The reason is medical. So own and fly when you have the chance, because
things can change on you.

You can still fly light sport if you have a drivers license
and can self certify yourself safe.

Old January 26th 09, 09:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Mike Adams[_1_]

Jim Stewart wrote:

You can still fly light sport if you have a drivers license
and can self certify yourself safe.

Did they ever fix the Catch 22 on the light sport pilot that you can't
qualify with a drivers license if you've ever failed a regular flight
physical?
Old January 26th 09, 11:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Robert M. Gary

On Jan 26, 1:37*pm, Mike Adams wrote:
Jim Stewart wrote:
You can still fly light sport if you have a drivers license
and can self certify yourself safe.

Did they ever fix the Catch 22 on the light sport pilot that you can't
qualify with a drivers license if you've ever failed a regular flight
physical?

At that point though you really have to ask yourself why you should
care. So you putt around in your light sport. If at some point the FAA
finds out that you were once denied a medical you say sorry and put
your money into a bigger boat. I've never heard of a case in which the
FAA has actually given a pilot a prison sentence. As a pilot, CFI, and
aircraft owner I follow FAA regs to the letter. I do it because I have
a lot to lose. But if I were an old guy with a denied medical I would
no longer have anythnig to lose, so I'd say "screw 'em".

-Robert
Old January 27th 09, 01:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Jay Honeck[_2_]

Sorry to hear it, Ross.

I try to cherish every flight as if it were my last, cuz you really never
know...
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old January 27th 09, 01:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Jay Honeck[_2_]

Did they ever fix the Catch 22 on the light sport pilot that you can't
qualify with a drivers license if you've ever failed a regular flight
physical?

At that point though you really have to ask yourself why you should
care. So you putt around in your light sport. If at some point the FAA
finds out that you were once denied a medical you say sorry and put
your money into a bigger boat.

My thoughts exactly. Those silly and contradictory LSA medical
certification rules have turned an awful lot of good pilots into scofflaws,
and I don't blame them one bit.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old January 27th 09, 02:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Mike Noel

On the other hand, if I really was risking my own and other's lives by
flying without a safety pilot, then maybe it's not worth it. How would my
family and friends (or my dog!) suffer from an accident? How would my
survivors' future lives suffer if a lawsuit took away my estate? I would
need to weigh the risks and benefits carefully.

--
Best Regards,
Mike.

http://flickr.com/photos/mikenoel/

http://photoshow.comcast.net/mikenoel

Old January 27th 09, 04:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Gig 601Xl Builder

Mike Adams wrote:
Jim Stewart wrote:

You can still fly light sport if you have a drivers license
and can self certify yourself safe.

Did they ever fix the Catch 22 on the light sport pilot that you can't
qualify with a drivers license if you've ever failed a regular flight
physical?

It not "ever failed." It is "had your last physical revoked or denied."
And the answer is no.
Old January 27th 09, 05:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Ross

Jay Honeck wrote:
Did they ever fix the Catch 22 on the light sport pilot that you can't
qualify with a drivers license if you've ever failed a regular flight
physical?

At that point though you really have to ask yourself why you should
care. So you putt around in your light sport. If at some point the FAA
finds out that you were once denied a medical you say sorry and put
your money into a bigger boat.

My thoughts exactly. Those silly and contradictory LSA medical
certification rules have turned an awful lot of good pilots into
scofflaws, and I don't blame them one bit.

My medical is up in April and I will let it lapse. No denial. As to LSA
you still have to self certify (not sure how many will be truthful), and
I cannot do that either. Looking for rides with friends.

--

Regards, Ross
C-172F 180HP