New lower price for SeeYou Products - Oudie at $578

Old June 30th 10, 04:54 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Default New lower price for SeeYou Products - Oudie at $578

Hi,

The strong U.S. dollar has brought about a reduction in the price of Naviter
products in the USA.

- SeeYou for PC: $155
- Oudie with SeeYou Mobile pre-installed: $578
- Oudie with SeeYou Mobile pre-installed and SeeYou for PC: $698

http://www.cumulus-soaring.com/seeyou.htm

This is a dramatic price drop. The Oudie has already been selling
incredibly well this year. Now I imagine it will sell even better. I have
many units in stock for immediate shipment.

I flew with my Oudie at the Sports Class Nationals in Parowan, UT last week.
I was very happy with it. We had a ClearNav in the front seat of the
DG-1000 and an Oudie in the back seat. The ClearNav was much easier to see
in sunlight and the turn area task features were very nice. But the Oudie
was OK in sunlight (with the terrain turned off) - better than any other PDA
or PNA I've used - and the price is great.

Best Regards,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.

Old July 1st 10, 08:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dave White

On Jun 29, 10:54*pm, "Paul Remde" wrote:
[...]

I installed my Oudie in my Libelle with a gooseneck mount and modified
Oudie cradle, talking to my Cambridge 302. I made a small tin
sunshield for it that attaches with velcro. Been flying with it a lot
and love it! The sunshield resolves whatever small visibility issues
I might have had otherwise, and tilting the device so it's not
reflecting me or other cockpit things helps a great deal. I keep the
terrain turned on and it presents no issues whatever in visibility--
and this has all been in bright sunlight. I did bump up the map font
size a little bit, though.

While I'm bending the group's ear, a couple of things I haven't
figured out (having made the transition from Strepla to SeeYou with
the Oudie): First, when I try to upload a task, the Oudie never
figures out automatically that it's connected to a C302--always comes
up with the Cambridge LNAV and I have to change it manually.
Otherwise (for GPS etc), the Oudie knows it's a 302 on the other end
of the cable. Second, how do I clear a task off the screen after it's
created? Tried deleting the task entirely, but the route remained on
the screen. Last,can't find any way to tell SeeYou to stop navigating
the task, when I decide to do something different. (As we used to say
in the AF, "Flexibility is the key to airpower--and indecision is the
key to flexibility.")

Short version is, I love my Oudie--best bang for the buck around!
Old July 1st 10, 08:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Darryl Ramm

On Jul 1, 12:38*pm, Dave White wrote:
[...]

Sounds like you are not actually deleting the task. Tell us exactly
what you are doing.

When you say you tried to delete the task entirely did you use Menu
task tools clear task ? You are not just trying to use "cancel"
are you?

As for stop navigating the task at any time most people would just use
Goto (the D- icon) to select an new destination waypoint. The task
stats will still keep running but navigating to any point is trivial.

Darryl