B-2

Old February 23rd 08, 10:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Big John[_2_]

Default B-2

A B-2 crashed at Guam. Both pilots ejected and survived.

Think this is the first bird they have lost?

Big John
Old February 23rd 08, 11:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
William Hung[_2_]

On Feb 23, 5:31*pm, Big John wrote:
A B-2 crashed at Guam. Both pilots ejected and survived.

Think this is the first bird they have lost?

Big John

First I've ever heard of. At 1,26BUS$ that's a big boo boo. Wonder
what happened. A mouse chewed thru a wire?

Glad the guys were able to punch out OK.

WIl
Old February 24th 08, 12:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
William Hung

On Feb 23, 6:41*pm, Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
William Hung wrote in news:94b60fb0-0f88-4d90-9dd2-
:

On Feb 23, 5:31*pm, Big John wrote:
A B-2 crashed at Guam. Both pilots ejected and survived.

Think this is the first bird they have lost?

Big John

First I've ever heard of. *At 1,26BUS$ that's a big boo boo. *Wonder
what happened. *A mouse chewed thru a wire?

You laugh, but..

Wouldn't surprise me.

Glad the guys were able to punch out OK.

Yeah, it's been reported on TV OK. It is the first loss they've had..

bertie

$1.26 B(big ones) a piece. and there were less than 30 of them
around, low 20s I think.

Wil
Old February 24th 08, 12:44 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dave S

William Hung wrote:
On Feb 23, 6:41 pm, Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
William Hung wrote in news:94b60fb0-0f88-4d90-9dd2-
:

On Feb 23, 5:31 pm, Big John wrote:
A B-2 crashed at Guam. Both pilots ejected and survived.
Think this is the first bird they have lost?
Big John
First I've ever heard of. At 1,26BUS$ that's a big boo boo. Wonder
what happened. A mouse chewed thru a wire?

You laugh, but..

Wouldn't surprise me.

Glad the guys were able to punch out OK.

Yeah, it's been reported on TV OK. It is the first loss they've had..

bertie

$1.26 B(big ones) a piece. and there were less than 30 of them
around, low 20s I think.

Wil

21... prior to the accident.

And I've heard the 1.2B figure isn't amortized over the entire program,
it was the 1996 cost of "one more plane"

Dave
Old February 24th 08, 01:16 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
William Hung

On Feb 23, 7:44*pm, Dave S wrote:
William Hung wrote:
[...]

Dave- Hide quoted text -

21 units? That low? So now we have an even 20 B2s left? The 1.2B
price, you're saying that's based on spreading the total program cost
across the 75 units initially expected? So, with 21 units having been
delivered, that 1.2B each don't apply now?

Wil
Old February 25th 08, 02:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dave S

William Hung wrote:
-

21 units? That low? So now we have an even 20 B2s left? The 1.2B
price, you're saying that's based on spreading the total program cost
across the 75 units initially expected? So, with 21 units having been
delivered, that 1.2B each don't apply now?

Wil

I'm saying that i saw someone else in a forum somewhere else indicate
that the $1.2B was the incremental cost of ONE MORE PLANE being built,
at the time that the line was shut down. Parts, labor, etc. Did not
include R&D.

Given that the figure was in 1996 dollars, I am more than certain that
$1.2 is a low figure now.

Old February 25th 08, 02:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
The3rdRail

Dave S wrote:
William Hung wrote:
-

21 units? That low? So now we have an even 20 B2s left? The 1.2B
price, you're saying that's based on spreading the total program cost
across the 75 units initially expected? So, with 21 units having been
delivered, that 1.2B each don't apply now?

Wil

I'm saying that i saw someone else in a forum somewhere else indicate
that the $1.2B was the incremental cost of ONE MORE PLANE being built,
at the time that the line was shut down. Parts, labor, etc. Did not
include R&D.

Given that the figure was in 1996 dollars, I am more than certain that
$1.2 is a low figure now.

Remember when the Challenger Space Shuttle blew and Reagan
ordered the Atlantis replacement??

Rockwell had to re-tool. HUGE bucks spent but I don't
remember the cost.

If they replace the crashed B-2 they should buy 10 or 15
more or forget it.