I need to trace an IP address

Old April 25th 08, 01:48 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.alien.vampire.flonk.flonk.flonk
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

Default I need to trace an IP address

Dudley Henriques wrote in
:

Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
Dudley Henriques wrote in
:

Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
Dudley Henriques wrote in
:

Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
Dudley Henriques wrote in
:

Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
Dudley Henriques wrote in
:

Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
buttman wrote in news:c17c81d0-d051-4b54-
ac65-
:

On Apr 24, 12:00 am, Nomen Nescio wrote:
It shows up as

Hostname

cpe-72-191-163-46.elp.res.rr.com

Geo-Location Information

Country United States
State/Region TX
City El Paso
Latitude 31.7958
Longitude -106.3762
Area Code 915
Oh hey, El Paso, thats where I live, great town 8)

What a coincidence! You can help Dudley track the psycho
down!

Bertie
No need. I've already taken steps with Wikipedia that will

remove
the
biographical sketch by my own request.
The requests I get for this information are declining anyway,

and
our
office can handle it here when and if needed.
When the bio was uploaded to Wiki, I should have realized and
taken
into
account Usenet nonsense.
No biggie at all.

Oh, someone added some nasty stuff to your Wiki page, eh?

Bertie
No. Just have no need for it and it seems to bring put all the

kooks
reference it for whatever the idiotic reasons are that motivate
them.
:-))

Ah, OK. I thought it had to do with the k00k from texas.

i wonder what buttman's wiki entry would look like?

Bertie
Don't know. Each pilot has to make their own mark on the
profession. Time has a way of sorting these things out for sure
:-)

Hmmm.. I can only imagine how time will sort him out.

Bertie
He and I don't seem to view flight instruction the same way. I guess
time will sort out if one of us was wrong.

I think dying of old age is proof enough....

Bertie

I keep thinking that. I've somehow managed to get this far in one
piece :-) DH

Exactly. Certainly luck plays a part, but ....

Bertie

Old April 25th 08, 02:15 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dudley Henriques[_2_]

Buttman wrote:
On Thu, 24 Apr 2008 17:41:50 -0400, Dudley Henriques sayeth:
Nice try but not really a very good twist on the real situation. The
quote you have presented here without the accompanying text that
completes the post was written ONLY after the bio was attacked by
another poster. In other words, the information about the bio was NOT
used until it was mentioned negatively by someone else and in response
to what was said.

And that changes things, how? One day someone accuses your article of
being crap, you defend it. The next day someone else call it crap by
flagging it, and now you inform the wikipedia admins that you agree it
should be deleted?

You CAN'T be this stupid! But.........:-) It should be obvious that as
far as Wikipedia is concerned, and a simple Google search confirms this
BTW, the article was listed yesterday by Wiki as a candidate for
deletion by them. This simple fact coupled with the idiotic posts made
here by you and Mxsmanic on this thread simply convinced me that it just
wasn't worth my time to defend the issue any longer.
Since the article isn't really needed any longer anyway, I went to the
site and added my name to what I assume was yours. It doesn't matter
really.
All you have succeeded in doing is to remind me the article is no longer
needed.
If you wish to consider this some sort of victory, please do so.

As for my asking that the bio be deleted; that decision was made for the
exact reasons given and has nothing whatsoever to do with Wikipedia.

Oh, I see. Its just a coincidence that you decide to remove your self-
written vanity article less than 12 hours after somebody with a
roadrunner connection in El Paso (which may or may not be me) decides to
flag it as against the wikipedia guidelines.

No, as I said, it was NOT coincidence. The "activity" here on the forum
coupled with realizing that the article was being used as a hammer as
you have done here simply keyed my actions to go to Wiki.
To tell you the truth, until Mxsmanic's post, I had virtually forgotten
the article was there. You can verify that by searching for the last
time I mentioned it on Usenet. In fact, I think I'm fairly safe in
telling you that what you will find are very few if any times I have
mentioned the Wiki article unless someone else mentioned it first; which
of course shoots a rather large hole in your "self importance" theory.

For your information, Wikipedia "deletes" thousands of files they feel
are unnecessary and take up needed space on their site.

Yeah, like your crap article.

Unnecessary comment. Shows REAL agenda here. You REALLY need some
lessons in how to nail people. You're way too obvious with statements
like this one. It fairly shouts that you have "other issues" with the
person you're addressing. In my case, you seem to be harboring a bit of
issue over that run in we had a while back when I told you you were the
worst CFI I've ever encountered on Usenet. :-)

Our decision to
add to the deletion process was simply offered to inform Wiki that we
understand the situation completely.

"Our"? Oh please.

Yes "Our". Explanation not necessary to you.

God, what a small world you live in.

Maybe one of these days you'll realize you're not as important as you
think you are.

I don't think on these terms. What YOU believe I think of myself isn't
necessarily what I DO think of myself......simply your opinion.

Sorry you see me this way, but it obviously can't be helped.
DH
Old April 25th 08, 02:19 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
buttman

On Thu, 24 Apr 2008 17:28:34 -0700, gatt sayeth:

I'm curious: It's clear that you have some sort of personal issue with
Dudley, but WTF does it have to do with rec.aviation.piloting?

I don't know. I'm not the one who made this thread. What does tracing an
IP have to do with piloting?

He's given me some great advice here that has been very useful toward my
IFR, Commercial and CFI training and understanding, and I have no doubt
that he's been a great help to other folks on the forums because they've
said so.

I just don't see it. All I ever see him post is either pointless one
liners, or a 5 paragraph post filled with convoluted sentence structures
and odd formal tones to make the post sound smarter than it really is,
but in the end all he ever does is, at best, state the obvious. He's the
perfect example of the type of person who may have done good things in
the past, but has fallen victim to his own hype.

I mean, he wrote his own god damn wikipedia entry for petes sake. He's
the type of person who would instruct in his will to have a monument
build honoring him after he does, paid by his own estate (ala Evel
Knievel).

People like that just amuse me. I think it's fun to mess with them and
watch them try to rationalize their actions. "Oh I didn't write it as a
vanity article, I wrote it as a service to my millions of fans that fill
my fan-club office's mailbox with requests to hear my exciting life
story. Huh? Whats that, someone doesn't like my article and thinks it
should be deleted? Oh well thats OK because it's not really needed
anymore anyways..." Freaking hilarious.

I definately can't say that others here, know what I mean?

-c
CP-ASEL-IA

You're saying Dudly is the only person here who makes worthwile posts?