Should I be scared -- C172 over Gross

Old April 22nd 08, 01:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Andy Hawkins

Default Should I be scared -- C172 over Gross

Hi,

In article ,
wrote:
Nomen Nescio writes:

Your attitude has sure taken you far in life.

I agree. Skipping the testosterone, pride, and arrogance makes for a longer
life expectancy.

No, it just feels that way.

Andy
Old April 22nd 08, 02:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Gig 601Xl Builder

Frank Olson wrote:
Gig 601Xl Builder wrote:

I missed Frank's original post but I have to ask. Was there wording in
the policy that gave the insurance company the right to do that? There
seem to be some policies out there that don't have such an exclusion.

You have to read your specific policy to make sure. Most insurance
companies would consider deliberately operating an aircraft outside of
regs (or while impaired by alcohol or drugs) to be pretty good cause to
deny liability. What does your auto insurance policy have to say about
street racing, or DUI? Aviation insurance is no different and if you
honestly believe that an adjuster in the employ of the underwriter isn't
going to be looking for "an out", then you're smokin' something
"home-grown" in BC and seein' "rose coloured skies" without the tinted
specs. :-)

The deductibles on most aviation polices are a tad higher too. On some
of the helicopter claims I processed, you were looking at a 30% (of hull
value) for "Rotors in Motion" versus $5000.00 for "static" claims.

I have no doubt that an adjuster for any insurance company is looking
for an out and that the carrier is going to subro if they can. But they
have to have wording in the policy that gives them the out. Hence ,my
question to you "Was there wording in the policy that gave the insurance
company the right to do that?"

Old April 22nd 08, 05:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

Mxsmanic wrote in
:

WingFlaps writes:

I'm sure you could advise the pilot on how it should be done.

If he chooses to fly overweight I'll suggest to the airline that he
find a new career.

If he flies overweight it's because the airline asked him to, fjukkktard.

Bertie
Old April 22nd 08, 05:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

Andy Hawkins wrote in
:

Hi,

In article ,
wrote:
Nomen Nescio writes:

Your attitude has sure taken you far in life.

I agree. Skipping the testosterone, pride, and arrogance makes for a
longer life expectancy.

No, it just feels that way.

Bwawhahwh!

Bertie
Old April 22nd 08, 05:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
gatt[_3_]

Mxsmanic wrote:
gatt writes:

Well done!

Staying below the weight limit would be better done. Bending the rules and
surviving is scarcely commendable when you could have simply obeyed the rules
instead.

If actual pilots here need advice they'll get it from pilots. You
don't know what you're talking about, you're not qualified to discuss
the "rules" and the actual pilots here don't need to and should not take
advice from a poser.

You don't fly and you've never flown. You play with yourself. Taking
advice from you would is dangerous.

-c
CP-ASEL-IA
Old April 22nd 08, 05:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
gatt[_3_]

Mxsmanic wrote:
WingFlaps writes:

I'm sure you could advise the pilot on how it should be done.

If he chooses to fly overweight I'll suggest to the airline that he find a new
career.

"...in addition, I am at the moment writing a lengthy indictment against
our century. When my brain begins to reel from my literary labors, I
make an occasional cheese dip."
-Ignatius Reilly,'A Confederacy of Dunces'
Old April 22nd 08, 06:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Andy Hawkins

Hi,

In article ,
Bertie the wrote:
Andy Hawkins wrote in
:

Hi,

In article ,
wrote:
Nomen Nescio writes:

Your attitude has sure taken you far in life.

I agree. Skipping the testosterone, pride, and arrogance makes for a
longer life expectancy.

No, it just feels that way.

Bwawhahwh!

Well, if he's gonna set 'em up like that, someone's gotta hit 'em!

Andy
Old April 22nd 08, 06:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

Andy Hawkins wrote in
:

Hi,

In article ,
Bertie the wrote:
Andy Hawkins wrote in
:

Hi,

In article ,
wrote:
Nomen Nescio writes:

Your attitude has sure taken you far in life.

I agree. Skipping the testosterone, pride, and arrogance makes for

longer life expectancy.

No, it just feels that way.

Bwawhahwh!

Well, if he's gonna set 'em up like that, someone's gotta hit 'em!

Exactly!

Bertie

Old April 22nd 08, 07:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Dave Doe writes:

How will you know?

From the NTSB report.

And why won't you fly with a woman pilot?

I never said I wouldn't fly with a woman pilot. Indeed, women are far less
prone to the type of dangerous behavior under discussion here.

My wife getting scared Paul Tomblin Piloting 271 October 11th 07 08:19 PM
Scared of mid-airs Frode Berg Piloting 355 August 20th 06 05:27 PM
UBL wants a truce - he's scared of the CIA UAV John Doe Aviation Marketplace 1 January 19th 06 08:58 PM
Max gross weight Chris Piloting 21 October 5th 04 08:22 PM
Scared and trigger-happy John Galt Military Aviation 5 January 31st 04 12:11 AM