Is it possible to switch from VFR to IFR and back?

Old November 30th 06, 03:32 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Mortimer Schnerd, RN[_2_]

Default Is it possible to switch from VFR to IFR and back?

Newps wrote:
Why you give this guy the time of day is beyond me.

You deal with aviation day in and day out, pushing tin, knowing what
airspeeds they can do, and performance factors and this guy is going to
question your experience disrespectfully????

It's fun to pick on idiots. This guy could be FAA management, they're
that dumb too.

Snicker Now there's a scary thought.

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN
mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com

Old November 30th 06, 04:18 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Mxsmanic

Newps writes:

So this is a standard answer when you are proven wrong?

No, it's just a standard question that I ask of people who have made
assertions concerning 737s (or similar aircraft).

You have zero
hours in anything and you are concerned about the number of hours
somebody has in an airliner? You get dumber by the day.

You haven't answered my question.

Old November 30th 06, 04:47 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Ron Garret

In article ,
Mxsmanic wrote:

Ron Garret writes:

No, it doesn't.

I thought a G1000 was standard.

You thought wrong. A little humility (and a visit to the Cirrus web
site) would serve you well at this point.

I doubt that. Computer skills are much in demand throughout the world.
If you truly possessed them you would not be living in poverty.

Here's an interesting test: List the things that you are doing in this
discussion that I am not. The results might be instructive.

Among other things, I am relating experiences gained from flying real
airplanes (which is the matter at hand on both of these newsgroups). I
have also offered to take you flying so that you can get some firsthand
experience of your own, an offer you claim not to be able to avail
yourself of for want of $650.

Was that as instructive as you thought it would be?

Not a real one. Not with the autopilot off.

How many hours do you have in 737s?

In real ones? At least as many as you do. In (badly) simulated no
doubt I have far fewer.

But I don't know, I've never flown a glider.

But you know what 737s do, especially with the autopilot off.

Yes.

I didn't know that you worked for the airlines.

I don't. Your inability to think of any other possible way I might have
come by this information shows an appalling lack of imagination. I am
beginning to see why you might confuse simulation with reality.

rg
Old November 30th 06, 08:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Mxsmanic

T o d d P a t t i s t writes:

Refreshing my
memory, one of the guys on the Aeronca mail list describes a
flight from Urbana, Ohio where the pilotless craft reached
13,000' and 100 miles from departure, being chased by the
Highway Patrol in one of their JetRanger helicopters. Fuel
exhaustion eventually brought it down.

Are these verifiable stories, or merely urban legends? While I don't
see anything technically impossible about it, it seems a bit
improbable.

Old November 30th 06, 09:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Kev

Mxsmanic wrote:
T o d d P a t t i s t writes:
Refreshing my
memory, one of the guys on the Aeronca mail list describes a
flight from Urbana, Ohio where the pilotless craft reached
13,000' and 100 miles from departure, being chased by the
Highway Patrol in one of their JetRanger helicopters. Fuel
exhaustion eventually brought it down.

Are these verifiable stories, or merely urban legends? While I don't
see anything technically impossible about it, it seems a bit
improbable.

Here's an example of a pilotless airplane that got away after a hand
propping. It didn't fly straight, and didn't land by itself (never got
the chance :-)

http://www.navy.gov.au/units/805sqn/..._Shootdown.pdf

Old November 30th 06, 09:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Thomas Borchert

Mxsmanic,

I thought

Nice try. Your simulation of thought is deficient.

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)

Old November 30th 06, 10:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
TxSrv

Mxsmanic wrote:

Are these verifiable stories, or merely urban legends? While I don't
see anything technically impossible about it, it seems a bit
improbable.

I live in Ohio. The Ohio incident happened. It does not appear
in the NTSB accident database, because no pilot was aboard, and
that's NTSB Regs they must follow. Why are you so sure you have
all the answers and others are full of it?

F--
Old November 30th 06, 10:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
A Lieberma

TxSrv wrote in
:

I live in Ohio. The Ohio incident happened. It does not appear
in the NTSB accident database, because no pilot was aboard, and
that's NTSB Regs they must follow. Why are you so sure you have
all the answers and others are full of it?

Because this is the trademark of a troll.

Best thing to do is not to respond to his posts.

Allen
Old December 1st 06, 06:56 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Mxsmanic

TxSrv writes:

I live in Ohio. The Ohio incident happened. It does not appear
in the NTSB accident database, because no pilot was aboard, and
that's NTSB Regs they must follow. Why are you so sure you have
all the answers and others are full of it?

I was asking a question, not giving an answer. You will experience
less stress if you stop projecting non-existent motivations and
intentions onto my posts.