Fair Tribunals at Guantanamo? (Was: YANK CHILD ABUSERS :: another reason to kill americans abroad ???)

Old July 28th 03, 06:54 PM
David Casey

On Mon, 28 Jul 2003 08:40:09 +0200, Jim Watt wrote:

OK, I see. Uropeen TV good. U.S. TV bad. Talk about prejudice.

That isn't what I said, although its generally accepted to be true.

What I did say is that due to my geographical location I can watch
a lot of national television direct, which is simply not available in
the US.

During the almost six years I lived in Germany, I enjoyed watching not just
US and German movies, but movies from all over the world dubbed in German.
I do miss that at times here in the states, but one thing I did notice was
how much American TV was all over the German TV networks. In fact, many of
my German friends were as addicted to shows like 90210, Melrose Place, The
A-Team (believe it or not!), Knight Rider, etc. as some folks in the US. I
had to sometimes explain, that life wasn't really like that back home.

Dave
US Army Signal Corps!!
www.geocities.com/davidcasey98
Old July 28th 03, 07:22 PM
William Black

"David Evans" wrote in message
William Black wrote:

Neither have I ever been asked to swear allegiance, unlike soldiers...

I bet you stay seated when you toast Her too.

Nope.

I stand, like everybody else with reasonable manners.

To suggest otherwise is a grave insult.

'He who steals my purse steals trash, but he who steals my good name...'

--
William Black
------------------

Old July 28th 03, 07:43 PM
Paul H. Lemmen

"Paul J. Adam" wrote in message
SNIP

Shoot all the *******s, all of them on both sides. The only ones with morals
and beliefs have departed and left the immoral communist *******s behind. I
am not alone in this sentiment.

Slainte,
--
Paul H. Lemmen
Just because I choose to act civilised does not mean that I am.

Old July 28th 03, 09:16 PM
gblack

"David Evans" wrote in message
: William Black wrote:
:
:
: "David Evans" wrote in message
: .. .
: William Black wrote:
:
: Neither have I ever been asked to swear allegiance, unlike
soldiers...
:
: I bet you stay seated when you toast Her too.
:
: Nope.
:
: I stand, like everybody else with reasonable manners.
:
: To suggest otherwise is a grave insult.
:
: As far as I know, naval officers aboard a ship toast the Queen
seated.
:
: Am I wrong?

If ever you get to see HMS Victory you will understand how people
didn't stand up suddenly ;-)

George Black
ICQ#: 6963409
More ways to contact me: http://wwp.icq.com/6963409
Home page: http://www.koekejunction.hnpl.net/

Old July 28th 03, 09:42 PM
Jim

"Jim Watt" wrote in message
On Sat, 26 Jul 2003 16:09:47 GMT, Fred J. McCall
wrote:

Jim Watt wrote:

:On Sat, 26 Jul 2003 01:58:01 GMT, Fred J. McCall
wrote:
:
:Of course it does. Because it's not what you want (which is
:apparently these people given their guns back and sent home).
:
:In the case of the British nationals one did not have a gun
:because he was an aid worker and in any event we were
:talking of repatriating both to Britain for a fair trial
:
:The more you talk, the sillier you sound....
:
:Uhuh when the argument fails attack the person presenting it
:and marginalise them. I think I know that tactic.

Yes, I think you do, since it is precisely the basis for your entire
position.

On the contary, I've kept to facts rather than decending into
peronal abuse - apart from your president who is an
expletive deleted

Considserbly better then you.

Old July 29th 03, 12:05 AM
Jim Watt

On Mon, 28 Jul 2003 17:54:16 GMT, David Casey
wrote:

During the almost six years I lived in Germany, I enjoyed watching not just
US and German movies, but movies from all over the world dubbed in German.
I do miss that at times here in the states, but one thing I did notice was
how much American TV was all over the German TV networks. In fact, many of
my German friends were as addicted to shows like 90210, Melrose Place, The
A-Team (believe it or not!), Knight Rider, etc. as some folks in the US. I
had to sometimes explain, that life wasn't really like that back home.

The A-team are still going strong on RTL. there are a lot of German
channels free-to-air. Just wish I could understand more of the Arabic
channels to know what they really think.

The ability to acquire exceeds the ability to extract meaning.

DW provides an interesting European perspective on world news
as does Morocco who broadcast news in faultless Spanish and French.

Its interesting when there is a live news conference shown by a number
of stations what time delay is involved, and who shows the most.

BBC Parliament is also very interesting as one can watch the political
debates live, in full and without any spin added by journalists.

Particularly useful when they showed a repeat of Dr Kelly giving
evidence, which contrasted to the parts out of context the news
channels showed.
--
Jim Watt http://www.gibnet.com
Old July 29th 03, 12:09 AM
Jim Watt

On Mon, 28 Jul 2003 15:42:43 -0500, "Jim" wrote:

On the contary, I've kept to facts rather than decending into
peronal abuse - apart from your president who is an
expletive deleted

Considserbly better then you.

He is certainl;y better at telling lies, killing innocent people
taking cocaine and getting elected in Florida.

"I stand by all the misstatements
that I've made." - George W. Bush
--
Jim Watt http://www.gibnet.com
Old July 29th 03, 02:20 AM
TinCanMan

"Jim Watt" wrote in message
On Sun, 27 Jul 2003 18:20:16 -0700, "TinCanMan"
wrote:

You missed the point. I have broadband NET access

Oh ****ing wow.

Well, now I am impressed.

Do you think I use tin cans and a piece of string?

I'm sure I don't know, nor do I care.

Also do not confuse the access to television you have tightly
controlled by cable companies to what I have from an array
of dishes.

OK, I see. Uropeen TV good. U.S. TV bad. Talk about prejudice.

That isn't what I said, although its generally accepted to be true.

I see. You just didn't want to appear to be saying it.

What I did say is that due to my geographical location I can watch
a lot of national television direct, which is simply not available in
the US.

You, also, said "generally accepted". See what I mean about appearing?

You also asserted all television was rubbish although you are
not able to see it.

No, I didn't. Read it again. Go for comprehension this time. I didn't even
imply it. If you're going to paraphrase, try to get it right. I said it was
entertainment and it is, even the news and proported documentaries. FWIW,
I'm not a hermit living in a cave. I had TV till 10 years ago and decided it
was entertainment, poor entertainment at that. I'm also aware those who
choose to do so may obtain inexpensive satellite service providing 500+
channels of programming, including numerous Canadian, Mexican and other
Latin American stations. I don't find it surprising you might receive Iraqi
programming as it is no farther from Seville-Baghdad than it is
Miami-Seattle and I can drive there without being subject to the whims of
half dozen or so tinpot dictators who's ideas of justice include the
traumatic removal of body parts for minor indiscretions and the stoning of
women for adultry. And you say you're offended we execute murderers.
Uropeeans appear quite happy to do business with these folks without a
wimper and yet question U.S. justice and motivation. How cheesy. No wonder
Congress rejected the IKK.

Pot... Kettle... Black. Sorta like being a television elitist, eh? Or

maybe
you think yourself above yorkshireman?

Those who live in a paper bag for sure..

Ah, let's see... The Uropeean family gathered round the telly for an evening
of cultural awareness, intellectual stimulation and refined viewing
presented in the best traditions of the Benny Hill Show. Guess there's no
accounting for the tastes of the cultural elitists. I see the error of my
ways.

Old July 29th 03, 05:58 AM
IBM

Jim Watt wrote in
:

On Mon, 28 Jul 2003 15:42:43 -0500, "Jim" wrote:

On the contary, I've kept to facts rather than decending into
peronal abuse - apart from your president who is an
expletive deleted

Considserbly better then you.

He is certainl;y better at telling lies, killing innocent people
taking cocaine and getting elected in Florida.

Certainly more talented than Algore and his crew.

IBM

The Worlds Uncensored News Source